Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Outrage should comment on...

all the negative rumors that are going round saying that Outrage are in a crisis. It doesn't help the brand. So come on Outrage post something to clear all the negativity that's about.

Also can Outrage confirm that there is a new Velo 90 coming soon?

discoferret is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Come on Outrage say something?

discoferret is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2012, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

There are things currently going on in the background. Expect good things soon and 2013 will be a great year for Outrage! More soon....
Old 08-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO, if Outrage don’t come up with a solution NOW (not soon), they will likely lose its current customer base (including myself). I work in sales. If I can't quickly satisfy my customers needs or requirements, they go elsewhere. Therefore, if outrage can’t satisfy the current customer base (including myself), we will go elsewhere! Making Outrages expectations for 2013 an Epic FAILURE!!
Old 08-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

or if they could just interact with their customers and let us know if they still out there, and get some of their pilots like bert to actually fly a outrage heli once in awhile.

looks to me like tareq was the face of outrage and without him they nowhere to be seen
fusionbrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1....I do enjoy my Fusion but it seems Bert is pushing ONLY the Goblin while Outrage just seems to fade away..
AMA #976001
HELIS: TREX 500 (6s), Trex 600 ESP (12S) & Trex 550 (12S): ALL FBL
PLANKS: Hangar 9 Pulse 60, Alpha 40 & Great Planes Revolver
nieves50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well SAB has a big run at the moment. The new gear is in process to be moved to production within the next couple of weeks. Working in sales is great but many sales folks often promise more than the real world of manufacturing and can do afterwards. (just teasing)

Outrage is taking a low profile mostly because of the issues and not trying to do a quick and dirty solution but one that would work. They did show the new tail section of the V90 and the new gear sets at IRCHA at the Helidirect tent.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

How many of us went to IRCHA? They do need to show or say something on here or on thier site about the future/direction of Outrage, its long overdue.
seemore74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
Well SAB has a big run at the moment. The new gear is in process to be moved to production within the next couple of weeks. Working in sales is great but many sales folks often promise more than the real world of manufacturing and can do afterwards. (just teasing)

Outrage is taking a low profile mostly because of the issues and not trying to do a quick and dirty solution but one that would work. They did show the new tail section of the V90 and the new gear sets at IRCHA at the Helidirect tent.
I did happen see the new gear on the Fusion 50 at the IRCHA Helidirect tent. So I'm certain the Fix is to follow, but when is the question.. Though, what is a guy to do in the interum if he only has a flys an Outrage Heli and cant find tail gears in stock anywhere??

I agree with you on promising more than one can deliver sometimes.. I unfortunatly have learned the hard way a few time when I made that mistake. Customers simply turned to another manufacture of product and never bought from me again.

I personally own three outrage heli's, specifically the Velo N2 (Don't ask why I own three, its a long story).. I happen to have one set of white tail gears left that I happen to find for sale in a box of junk velo parts @ IRCHA. Talk about dumb luck as we almost past it by speeding in our golf cart.

Anyway, I love my velo and fly almost everyday.. I just don't want to have to resort back to my trusty 600N if i cant find parts after a crash.. Sorry for ranting, I'm just stirring the pot a bit..
Old 09-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just googled the part number and one of the first links has 'plenty of stock'.

I also found some places with the cheap 4 packs in stock (SA00018A)

http://www.experiencerc.com/store/sa.../-p-11531.html
Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes the tail gears have finally come in stock in some places and I have watched them go out of stock in others just as quickly.

What I don't understand is, yes Goblin just came out is having a run, but the N2 is also new this year. It is a good design and I love mine and have been flying it to death this summer. But I have also been watching with great interest the parts availability for it all summer long. And it just has not been there. Most of your typical crash parts, i.e. main shafts, tail gears, spindle shafts, boom supports, etc... have really been hit or miss. I have been dreading the inevitable crash all summer. I knew it was bound to happen because this heli IS such a good machine I have been getting more and more comfortable with and thus lower and lower with my flying. So now last weekend I put it in hard.

I can't find any FBL main shafts anywhere. I am not surprised. I have been looking for them for the last month in order to have them on hand just in case. The other parts I have BECAUSE I have been stocking up as I found them. Very frustrating.

Velocity 50N2/cgy750
Trex600N BeastX
efergie72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here are a few places where they have main shafts in stock

http://www.heliflightcenter.com/R550.../r550172-2.htm

http://www.clubheli.com/Outrage-R550...50_p_4073.html

http://grandrc.com/p52039/R550172-2-...duct_info.html

http://www.rotorquest.com/product_in...ducts_id=98586
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by efergie72 View Post
Yes the tail gears have finally come in stock in some places and I have watched them go out of stock in others just as quickly.

What I don't understand is, yes Goblin just came out is having a run, but the N2 is also new this year. It is a good design and I love mine and have been flying it to death this summer. But I have also been watching with great interest the parts availability for it all summer long. And it just has not been there. Most of your typical crash parts, i.e. main shafts, tail gears, spindle shafts, boom supports, etc... have really been hit or miss. I have been dreading the inevitable crash all summer. I knew it was bound to happen because this heli IS such a good machine I have been getting more and more comfortable with and thus lower and lower with my flying. So now last weekend I put it in hard.

I can't find any FBL main shafts anywhere. I am not surprised. I have been looking for them for the last month in order to have them on hand just in case. The other parts I have BECAUSE I have been stocking up as I found them. Very frustrating.
You have to understand that Outrage FBL heads are popular on many other birds as well.
so yes shafts during the season can get hard to get.
I stock up during the off season and always keep at least 6 of each shaft on hand.

same with gears I currently have 4 brand new black 4 packs sitting around that I haven't used in over a year since I haven't crashed.

I keep all spares on hand so I don't want to rely on supply and demand.

other companies face the same issues during the middle of the season there are always part shortages just have to be ready to press buy it now when they come into stock and always buy more than you need.

As for the gears and why Outrage is quiet.
they are in the middle of dealing with all this.
they are changing manufacturing facilities and getting it up and running with much better QC and materials.

This is not rumor this is fact right from the CEO himself.
the new gears are being made now and should be out to everyone soon.
as is the entire new tail assembly for the V90 V2 so people can bulletproof the tails on their V90s

2013 will be better people just need to remember it takes time to set up factories and get them up and running.

There were several Fusion 50s at SRC this past weekend flying super hard.. no stripped gears..

So these issues are not affecting everyone it is just bad material batches it seems, and this will be resolved very soon with much better QC.

They do understand the issues and your frustrations.. all we can tell you is they are aware and are working day and night to get the new parts out to us.

hope this helps to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in