Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is really depressing.........

I am a real Outrage fan!! I only have a V1, but even with all the quality issues reported on newer models,I will still buy one when the time comes! I am a loyal customer because there heli's are awesome!

I know there are other competing brands but I root for the underdog that deserves a chance.

I have bought all the swag and show up to the field proudly displaying the brand.......

Hope they get it sorted out!
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2012, 08:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is depressing to read this thread. My Fusion 50 is my best flying heli - I enjoy flying it so much more than my Trex's.
Futaba 14SG / AMA# 959345 / IRCHA #3954
aramb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2012, 02:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Double post
Old 07-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally they did let me down. False advices pushed us to clear their faulty stocks. No truth was adressed. I wasted lots of time and money for nothing

Thats how i felt 2yrs ago when i got my v90 ,mine had one issue that was fixed with the new main shaft...but after seeing everyone posting issues i stopped flying it,& it has sat on my dresser for 2 yrs ,i have flown it twice these past 2yrs once to show it to newb pilot & the second flight was cause i was pissed about the money i put into it so i flew it smiled and put it up. Ive been looking at all the post and thinking theyve got so many damn fixes for this and that 4 the v90 its a damn shame. I dnt get it my v1 vel 50 is 4yrs old and flies bad azz & by far my fav heli.......thought the v90 would b better .

Think i might stock up on v50 parts and never buy outrage again.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking forward to what ever pops up. My velocity was one of the last V1s and most of the upgrades where there. Just had to harden the starter collet. I to saw the problems with the black gears and stayed away from them stocking up on the white gears. No biggie.
The fit on my V50 was way better then any of my other hellis and absolutly love it. No matter what you buy there's always something that needs a bit of tweeking, Looking forward to my next outrage!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw the "new" tail gear on the fusion 50 @ Ircha. It looks as though they may have the problems corrected. However, it’s getting difficult to find the current tail gears to replace ones as needed after a crash.. I'm disappointed that it has taken almost 6 months to figure out and correct an issue. I enjoy flying my N2 but if I can’t find parts for it, I would be forced into buying another heli. At that point, I would never buy another Outrage anything, as I'm sure most feel the same.
Old 08-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I checked a few web sides yesterday and the gear sets had been available. However - most sides do start running out of them sometime soon.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by van-man-123 View Post
I have a V 50 N2 and all i will say is im far from Impressed with it
So I got the Labor Day rebate fever and ordered myself a V50 N2 kit, without reading through this forum first. And now I read all these topics on what's going on with Outrage. I used to have a Compass Knight while they went through numerous distributor problems, it didn't really affect parts availability, it was more interesting reading than anything else.

But I was curious of you could provide some additional details what your reasons for being far from impressed with the V50 N2 are?

Thanks,
Karl.
n808 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my N2 - No issues
supertoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Message from the Outrage CEO, Chris

For the last several months, some of our customers have been experiencing issues with tail gears. Since the workmanship of the gears was not consistent enough, some people experience these issues, while others didn't. Therefore, we have started to use a different vendor to produce new gears. As most of you know, it takes some time to make new products as well as test them to make sure they perform well. I really apologize for taking this long, but our new gears will be ready in stock within two weeks. In the mean time, we will continue working on improving them. We at Outrage are very proud of our products and their performance and we will continue to support our customers with spare parts or provide our customers with new products with better performance when the time comes. For example, we will have a new tail system for the Velocity 90 within 3 weeks. The new Velocity 90 tail is completely redesigned and addresses all the issues that are currently present on that model. Thanks again for being patient and supportive of our products, rest assured that we will work much harder to earn your trust.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 09-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is good news. Really.. what is wrong with the Fusion today besides the umbrella gears? If this new vendor solves the issue we are golden!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
That is good news. Really.. what is wrong with the Fusion today besides the umbrella gears? If this new vendor solves the issue we are golden!
+1
Old 09-12-2012, 10:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am picking up my N2 kit from UPS today. Time to replace my 1st gen fiberglass tail-belt Trex 600N from 2007. It's still going though, after some recent repairs and almost 600 flights.. It has the Outrage FBL head which has been working great. .

Last edited by n808; 09-15-2012 at 05:50 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

breaking in my N2.4 tanks and loving it so far
Old 09-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I changed my mind The 600N will be as good as new after the rebuild. Two nitros is enough (Trex 600N + 700N) Dropped off N2 kit at UPS today for return to HeliDirect. Will be getting the Goblin 630 instead. Going green and electric, at least partially
Old 09-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@OutrageRC View Post
We at Outrage are very proud of our products and their performance and we will continue to support our customers with spare parts or provide our customers with new products with better performance when the time comes.
Thanks again for being patient and supportive of our products, rest assured that we will work much harder to earn your trust.
So I really hope that this means that you are going to start to push out spare parts so that I don't have to worry so much about crashing. I honestly love the look and the feel of this machine. It has pushed my skills and my boosted confidence so much further this year than in past 5 years. But to have it sit on my bench just because I can't find some common crash part is beyond frustrating. Living up in the North Dakota means my flying season is short enough as it is and to be forced to fly my 600N for the remainder of it. Frustrating, to say the least.

Velocity 50N2/cgy750
Trex600N BeastX
efergie72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@OutrageRC View Post
For the last several months, some of our customers have been experiencing issues with tail gears. Since the workmanship of the gears was not consistent enough, some people experience these issues, while others didn't. Therefore, we have started to use a different vendor to produce new gears. As most of you know, it takes some time to make new products as well as test them to make sure they perform well. I really apologize for taking this long, but our new gears will be ready in stock within two weeks. In the mean time, we will continue working on improving them. We at Outrage are very proud of our products and their performance and we will continue to support our customers with spare parts or provide our customers with new products with better performance when the time comes. For example, we will have a new tail system for the Velocity 90 within 3 weeks. The new Velocity 90 tail is completely redesigned and addresses all the issues that are currently present on that model. Thanks again for being patient and supportive of our products, rest assured that we will work much harder to earn your trust.
Hi Andrew,

Today completes two weeks!
The new gears are available already? Where can we buy it?

Thanks.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have a feeling we going to be hearing more excuses
fusionbrad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yepp, here they go again "... working really hard ...", "... soon we will be ...", "... one must understand that ...", "... 2013 will be ...".

Aaaaw, same $hit, different day ... !

HTC/Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in