Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > R/C Related Electronics DIY

R/C Related Electronics DIY DIY R/C Electronics for tinkerers and the budget minded

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation program servos?

hi all,
would like to know where to find info on how to pro servos.which ones . are the boxes brand specific?whats dead band?thanks all.any help would be appreciated.
HBFP,Custom brushless BOL.,belt v2.
HELIDIPP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The only ones I've heard of that are programmable are Hitec and Hyperion Atlas. Dead band is the area around center that can be adjusted for response or movement. Wider deadband may require more stick movement to get a response from the servo. I would say they are deffinately brand specific.
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 02:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

What?

People sometimes get upset when you ask a question and it is so obvious that you have made zero effort to inform yourself.

Pro tip - at least become familiar enough to ask a meaningful question that makes sense. Failing that, at least demonstrate that you are adept at using language to communicate. That means grammar, capitalization, spelling, and sentence structure.

Ideally you should inform yourself to a certain degree of competence before you even consider asking a question, those in the know will recognize the effort. Those that make that effort will likely receive more respectful and relevant responses.

Bottom line, act like a person of substance, get treated like one. It's no coincidence that children and lames are so quickly identified and avoided. Don't disrespect your peers by asking questions that can be answered by entering "servo" at google.com
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
What?

People sometimes get upset when you ask a question and it is so obvious that you have made zero effort to inform yourself.

Pro tip - at least become familiar enough to ask a meaningful question that makes sense. Failing that, at least demonstrate that you are adept at using language to communicate. That means grammar, capitalization, spelling, and sentence structure.

Ideally you should inform yourself to a certain degree of competence before you even consider asking a question, those in the know will recognize the effort. Those that make that effort will likely receive more respectful and relevant responses.

Bottom line, act like a person of substance, get treated like one. It's no coincidence that children and lames are so quickly identified and avoided. Don't disrespect your peers by asking questions that can be answered by entering "servo" at google.com
One thing to learn in life is "To never take yourself too seriously".
Old 04-28-2012, 10:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't take myself all that seriously. I was simply advocating respect and courtesy for everyone by everyone. You really will get more help if you approach people with respect. I may be abrasive, but I stand behind my statements and would consider them sound advice. I am willing to spend my time helping ppl solve their problems for no other reason than because I can. When someone is kind enough to help me I am always grateful enough to at least make the process as easy as possible on them. I don't think it is too much to ask of anyone and I try to practice what I preach. You see U.S.I. but I see everyone's time as important, that's the point I was trying to make anyway.
zzyzx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2012, 06:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Point taken. It just that not everyone has as good of a vocabulary as someone else. And I can't say that as many times as I've posted on HF that I never forgot a punctuation mark or mis-spelled a word. HFer's come from all walks of life and from many nations. Some have good typing and oral communication skills and some don't. It does make it more confusing to understand, but it's not rocket science.

I just think we need to be a little more tolerant these days. After all, there are much worse things happening in the world today than to get upset over the way someone tries to obtain knowledge or express themselves. As long as there are no racical, religious or ethnic implications.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in