Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2015, 10:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
I've never had a 180CFX either...but the BL is a joy to fly...and the DFC head is well...awesome
The BL does not have a DFC head. The head block "side fingers" drive the pitch links which drive the upper rotating plate on the swash thereby maintaining proper phasing, not the main blade grips as in true DFC. The 180CFX head is the exact same design.

Quote:
It's the BL's way of saying "Hovering is NOT flying, idiot!"
Hovering IS flying. That very capability and doing it well is exactly what defines a helicopter in flight. If you want to fly around to just fly around, buy a plank. They're a lot of fun, too, but they're not a heli.
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2015, 10:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
The BL does not have a DFC head. The head block "side fingers" drive the pitch links which drive the upper rotating plate on the swash thereby maintaining proper phasing, not the main blade grips as in true DFC. The 180CFX head is the exact same design.
I'll take MicroHeli's word for it...I only have a couple dozen

http://www.microheli.com/precision-c...?search=mcpxbl
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'll take MicroHeli's word for it...I only have a couple dozen

http://www.microheli.com/precision-c...?search=mcpxbl
Well, if you put aftermarket parts on it, then the game is way different especially when the design changes. Those Microheli grips are indeed DFC. However, you did NOT previously mention aftermarket parts, therefore what I said about the stock head design remains completely true.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey, man, if you put aftermarket parts on it, then the game changes. You did NOT state aftermarket parts and what I said about the stock head design remains completely true.
I did not make any reference to stock or aftermarket parts...

I simply stated that the DFC head is awesome...and it's a mCPX BL option just as it is with many larger heli's

Sorry if I prefer to make My mCPX BL's fly better that the stock...it's just how I roll
Old 02-04-2015, 10:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I did not make any reference to stock or aftermarket parts...
Therefore, the general convention is to think stock parts in absence of any other amplifying/descriptive information. If you're talking about aftermarket parts then say so. One wouldn't generally talk about a modified car's performance without mentioning aftermarket mods, right?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:06 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade Mcpx Bl or jump into 180 Cfx?

With or without aftermarket parts, I didn't like the BL based on the fact it never flew quite right for me. I kept it bone stock, but it was still disappointing. I love my v2 bl, and it makes me wonder if I had actually made a better brushless mcpx than blade did.. [emoji23]As far as the 180 is concerned, zero issues other than losing a tt (which was my fault entirely) it's still my absolute favorite blade heli.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-2015, 06:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhammer View Post
With or without aftermarket parts, I didn't like the BL based on the fact it never flew quite right for me. I kept it bone stock, but it was still disappointing. I love my v2 bl, and it makes me wonder if I had actually made a better brushless mcpx than blade did.. [emoji23]As far as the 180 is concerned, zero issues other than losing a tt (which was my fault entirely) it's still my absolute favorite blade heli.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL I have your mCPX BL...replaced the tail boom with a solid extended and replaced the tail motor...it flies like a dream
Old 02-05-2015, 05:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hovering IS flying. That very capability and doing it well is exactly what defines a helicopter in flight. If you want to fly around to just fly around, buy a plank. They're a lot of fun, too, but they're not a heli.

Hold up did you say hovering is what defines a helicopter in flight? ... Because yeah no... 100 things could do that. The word "defines" no... not used right for sure.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
Hold up did you say hovering is what defines a helicopter in flight? ...
Absolutely. Because, if it can't hover, it ain't a helicopter of any sorts.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:16 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Absolutely. Because, if it can't hover, it ain't a helicopter of any sorts.

No... the word "defines" was used wrong with that. But I do see why I hear you are close to being banned from here lol.

On a lighter note... ONE will be cheaper to fix and the other not as much. -- I love my 180 but flying that in the house is not so wise. The BL for indoor in the house is a bit more controllable.

I think from the performance side the 180 will be what you wish for but from a crash/indoor use.. small area use the BL would be a better choice.

*Side note-- have had the same BL since launch day and have over 150 flights with No problems... replaced dumb stuff - landing gear, boom.. blades.. etc. NO major burns or blow ups or board issue... nothing and I smack it around just fine.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 11:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
Crazy responses lol....

Ok ... first off... they are nothing alike what so ever..... period.

One is good for the back yard the other you can fly indoors some..

Both are amazing - I own both and are both amazing for what they are intended to do.

BOTH need to be semi locked in..

the BL easy cost of repairs solid brushless flier can do amazing things...

the CFX.. costs go up sensitive to a crash everytime you will be down and need to repair unlike the BL>

CFX is no doubt amazing... flies big, TT and should.

the BL is an amazing micro with more power then most asking would need.

In short each are amazing but completely different. ---

Coming from your 450L you would like the 180 as long as you are not flying indoors with it.

Both amazing helis for what they do though.
+1 (except replace amazing with pretty decent)

Think I will go hover my plank for a while.

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2015, 11:20 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
+1 (except replace amazing with pretty decent)

Think I will go hover my plank for a while.

Rick
Just because something can hover doesn't mean it's a helicopter, but an aircraft must be able to hover to be considered a helicopter. Clear as mud?

Okay, I'll go fly my 180CFX and X3 now. I think the batteries are done.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:36 AM   #34 (permalink)

Here is what is clear;
This thread is taking an unnecessary downward spiral.

Seek common ground, stop seeking picking points, wedges, to insert as frequently as possible into the thread.

HF is about Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect.
Cease arguing over and over, the same point from different angles.

Get back to the basics of being personable, a friend to the other members, rather than the stick in the mud or that guy that everyone has come to know and not like so much here.

This is only as difficult to accomplish as you choose to make it.

Can't accomplish this, then move along and leave the thread to those who can.
TowPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2015, 09:15 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love my BL, Simply because its got great power and it takes crashes like a CHAMP! it is a tad twitchy and tail holding isnt %100 but Jeesh.. crash after crash it keeps taking more.. I dont have a 180cfx "yet" but i know its inevitable.
brokenheli666 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2015, 04:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I have got a Trex 450L Dominator and a Mikado Logo 400 SE and I am in love with them at all. But would like to have a small one to carry it in the car and be able to fly anywhere anytime.
My flights are Sport and very soft 3D and I want a micro heli to fly sport but not 3D, just to fly something easy in the park. So what do you recommend a Mcpx Bl or 180 cfx?
I know they are different in size, but about same price to buy, one 50 euros more than the other.
180 hands down.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 02:55 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I would have read this before getting a 130x lol.
Old 07-31-2015, 12:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wrote this about 6 months ago I guess. I did end up getting a 180 and as I suspected I would, I like it much better than the BL.

180 is a perfect park flyer for me. Only complaint is the 4 min flight times in IU2
aschen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2015, 12:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
I wrote this about 6 months ago I guess. I did end up getting a 180 and as I suspected I would, I like it much better than the BL.

180 is a perfect park flyer for me. Only complaint is the 4 min flight times in IU2
Glad you got the 180CFX...I'm leaning that way as well after finally getting a 450X and loving it...

The flight time is a necessary evil we'll have to live with until the next generation of battery tech comes along, but I view it as a way to allow a couple minutes cool-down time between flights

By early next week I should have the last few things I need to debut a new brand I'm trying for the first time...looks promising with specs of both micro's and larger heli's...time will tell
Old 07-31-2015, 06:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
By early next week I should have the last few things I need to debut a new brand I'm trying for the first time...looks promising with specs of both micro's and larger heli's...time will tell
Do tell, do tell! Inquiring minds want to know! What brand? Hisky, XK, Oxy? Don't just keep us in the dark!

I got a 180 CFX, just getting ready to start setting it up. Just too busy right now so probably won't finish it up till I get back from a trip later in the month.
firekat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in