Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 350 QX2 AP combo CGO1 w/JR XP9303 & Fat Shark Attitude V2

Hey Everyone,
I'm pretty new with the whole aerial photography and need some advice.

Here's what I've done so far:
1. Flown the 350QX2 w/stock DX4 transmitter & CGO1 that it came with in all modes, works great. Haven't flown it with the camera just yet because this whole auto cutoff on the engine and still getting used to the modes but have used the Attitude v2.

When I bought the fatshark attitude that's supposed to have "head tracking" where I move my head and the camera moves with it. Even with the stock remote there's obviously no way to control the gimbal.

I've bound my JR XP9303 to the heli but haven't flown it yet for a few reasons.

I dont know how to program the remote to make sure a few things stay the same:
  • The go home button
  • Engine cutoff switch
  • Different modes switch on the left side of the remote

The biggest thing I also want to figure out programming is controlling the gimbal.

And to be completely honest maybe they're pre-programmed but I do doubt it and before I send this 1K bird+ up in the air I want to make sure it's good to go. That's why I'm seeking your help .

I also can't seem to find the connection to go from the fat shark receiver to the CGO1, I found one for a HERO3 but not the stock CGO.

If anyone can help I would sincerely appreciate it! This looks like a great forum.
Turboe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Update, I called horizon hobby tech and they helped me program my radio. However I went to go fly the chopper on the 9303 and couldn't get it going. Only tried briefly to show a friend so I wen't back to the DX4 and I may have screwed up the go home feature because when I pressed it the chopper almost went to go land on a very busy road (far away from where it took off) that connects to the freeway. Could have been due to wind, maybe because I took off on the 8th floor of a building...not sure.

I'll keep everyone updated.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

OH and the gimbal doesn't have functionality yet to be controlled but they're planning on releasing an update where you can assign it to the radio. I have yet to call FatShark and ask them what "Head tracking" means because you would think that you should be able to move the camera, but how when it's not connected to the gimbal...makes no sense.

Anyway i'm a newbie with this drone, so much different than flying my Trex or all my blade heli's.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 350 QX2 AP combo CGO1 w/JR XP9303 & Fat Shark Attitude V2

Don't know about head tracking connection, but am also interested
In the Fatshark goggles. I have flown a few flights using my DX9 and it will control the gimbal up/down movement. HH talked me through it. First, in channel assign menu, set Aux 2 to a 3-position switch. Second, plug gimbal wire into the Spectrum pitch control port (middle of 3 ports), third, bind transmitter and you should have up/down control. The gimbal doesn't have side to side movement (with a quad that is done with rudder), so I don't know how useful head tracking would be.

130x, 450x, DX9
Old 09-07-2014, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I also have the 350 QX2 AP combo and just bought the Fat Shark Attitude V2

Ho did you connect the filtered power adapter to the 350 QX2?

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll share as I learn too.

Thanks
mickloubo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2014, 05:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gimbal and fatshark FPV with head tracking is two different things.

If using GOPRO, there is a cable that you can connect to the Fatshark VTX and see what it sees through your googles.

The gimbal can be controlled with 8+ channel transmitter such as DX8 assigned to a 3 position switch. (up, down, center; up and down adjusted with end points and center adjusted with subtrim). This is not head tracking.

CGO1 is wifi and transmit through it's own 5.8ghz and connects through your cell phone with CGO1 app. Has nothing to do with Fatshark.

Fatshark head tracking is using a FPV camera and it is attached to a base with 2 servos with pan/tilt which allows head tracking when you move your googles.
illest7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in