Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default If you only fly FBL helis and no planes...

...then would you ever really need a super fancy radio like the 14Z, etc.? Even the 8FG (which I have and love) is probably more radio than is needed for FBL helis. All the ccpm mixing is done in the FBL controller, so it seems that as long as you have enough model banks and like the feel/accuracy of the sticks, there is no point in paying for anything else. In other words, the FBL controller has essentially taken over many of the important functions that used to be the domain of the TX. Now, if you fly FB's, or planes, gliders, etc., then what I'm saying isn't true. Am I thinking about this correctly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 06:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the 'features' of more channels in the radio is the ability then of the radio to have more 'mixing' available.
Can you fly a FBL heli with a Futaba 6EX? Yep. Can one of the hot 3D pilots make it perform with this radio? Yep. Why do guys buy the upper end radios? Because they want to, not because they need to. A Chevy Cruze will get you to work everday, but a Cadillac STS will make you look good getting there (although you may still be a crummy driver).
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The thing I like about the higher end radios is addaptability. The 12, 14, and 18 channel radios alow you to program switches for any functions. Play with several differant flight conditions until you figure out what you like. the pitch and throtle curves are infinantly adjustable instead of just a 5 point. Plus many others I can't think of right now.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the 14 for the hardware longevity but I am gravely disappointed. My screen was crappy from the get and Futaba wont even answer mails! Horizons' support, even for radios sold to Sweden have me looking at Spektrum or JR for my next radio. Love FASST but I now hate Futaba as a company.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in