Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaluf View Post
Guys, at the risk of acting like a spammer...

If you are going to order a 14SG and want to have a chance of it arriving with the first shipment into the US (this is for those of you living in North America only); you will want to place your order prior to tomorrow.

A word to the wise...I just don't want a bunch of disappointed kids during the holiday season.

Steve

steve any clue then the next batch is scheduled??? i gather i misted the first batch???
flyfishsick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 10:27 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishsick View Post
steve any clue then the next batch is scheduled??? i gather i misted the first batch???
I think the next delivery will be early January. The best thing to do it get it on pre-order,now that way you are "in-line" to get one as they come available. If you order now, will you get one out of the first expedited shipment?

I can't say for sure about the first batch. Looks like we did expedite more than I thought we would, but I don't have access to real time information.

Steve
skaluf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:10 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Steve!!!! Puting the order in!!!!! This will be my first Futaba radio have been JR and speketrum for a long time? I needed a change and this new radio looks like winner???

Last edited by flyfishsick; 11-16-2012 at 01:12 PM..
flyfishsick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 08:11 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default why is 14sg cheaper than 12fg

i am suprised that the 14 sg is $200 cheaper than the 12fg. am i missing something or is the 14sg inferior in some way to the 12fg, build quality or something like that.

Blade CP pro

Kitesurfing when it's windy, flying rc helis when it's not!
leapnlarry is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would there be easy pay for this item?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a couple of questions.

Do the 5 point throttle & pitch curves have any advantage over the 7 point ones in my 10C?

And could you use a LiPo battery on it like I do on the 10C?

If the answers are positive I could be treating myself to a new Tx
adam_b is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Five-point curves are a downgrade from the seven-point curves in your 10C. However, if you don't need the extra curve detail that more points provides, it won't really matter. I only fly governed electrics, so all of my pitch and throttle curves are straight lines. (And if the software is as much like the 8FG software as it sounds like, you should be able to turn off any points that you don't need; I've done that on my 8FG, leaving my pitch and throttle curves with only two points each.)

You should be able to use a LiPo battery, assuming that you can find one that will fit. Make sure that you get a 2S battery, not the 3S battery that many older transmitters use.
cbane is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #68 (permalink)

My HF Map location

This is just my personal feedback, but I always liked the 5 points over the 7 better anyway.

At least for the pitch curve it really gives you a nice simple center point from 0-50, or 50-100.

With the 7 point, its kinda a hash of a number in between which I know basically works but is really in the end the same movement as the 5 but just more work. Yeah its government work I know but work none the less.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 12:40 PM   #69 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post
This is just my personal feedback, but I always liked the 5 points over the 7 better anyway.

At least for the pitch curve it really gives you a nice simple center point from 0-50, or 50-100.

With the 7 point, its kinda a hash of a number in between which I know basically works but is really in the end the same movement as the 5 but just more work. Yeah its government work I know but work none the less.
With Futaba you can turn unwanted points off. On my 10C I have a 7 point throttle curve ... I turn all but the 0 and 100 off so I can easily adjust a flat line.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:43 PM   #70 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
With Futaba you can turn unwanted points off. On my 10C I have a 7 point throttle curve ... I turn all but the 0 and 100 off so I can easily adjust a flat line.
Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #71 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I don't recall the exact method to disable them, but its something like scrolling over the X value and pressing down and holding the wheel. When it disables it it puts a "-" through the X and Y values for that point.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a 2S lipo that was meant to fit the 8FG. Perfect!
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
I don't recall the exact method to disable them, but its something like scrolling over the X value and pressing down and holding the wheel. When it disables it it puts a "-" through the X and Y values for that point.
Correct, put the cursor over the value in right column and hold the RTN button down for a couple of seconds. That point will disappear. Make sure your hover and/or throttle pitch adjustment is disabled or it will alter the curve (unless you want it to do that). To put the point back in do the same thing.

Steve
skaluf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

So the least one can do is 2 points? Big improvement for flat Th curves but only 1 would be great!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 02:50 PM   #75 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Not sure if you need 2 or 1 will work, never tried.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have to be placed on the right value the 0% and 100% don't have one on their right, so they are not removable.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:41 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shame about the 5 point curves as I like to have a pitch change around the mid stick point. I don't know if you can move the points on the horizantal axis, that would help

I could do something with expo but it wouldn't quite be the same.

A friend of mine says you can't buddy the 14SG with the 8FG, anyone know?
Old 11-22-2012, 10:04 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes you should be able, "almost" any Futaba radio with each other. I regularly buddy from my 8FG to a 7H. The 14SG is practically an 8FG, it would be very weird if you couldn't.

Old 11-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would seem strange if the transmitters weren't compatible I guess its early days & rumours are bound to circulate.

For now the 5 point curves has put me off unfortunately unless there is an upgrade for 7 points in the pipeline, I know it sounds daft but it's just the way I like to set my heli's up.

A mate of mine sets his up the same way & has taken the 14sg off his Christmas list as well.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here you go guys: http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/14sg-manual.pdf

Doug.
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in