Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 01:33 AM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't read all the way back but, is your pinion tight.It seems like as soon as you are loading the blades it starts reving higher like the pinion is spinning on the shaft.
Helipro Blackhawk full metal swash&head carbon mains&boom
Helipro Blackhawk bone stock carbon mains.
Belt CP bone stock.
thunderhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 02:10 AM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice Thunder,
I'm thinking it's a mechanical problem too! Something is making that motor work too hard. That's spot on, It's gotta be the one way bearing or the PINION well done!
was trying to think of what else could cause the motor to work so hard DUH that little thing on the motor! Oh the simple things, they stump us all.

P.S. Andy I remember something about some spinning mentioned earlyer on in the thread. A loose pinion will do that! This case will close soon enough for you!

Last edited by Heli Yea!; 07-11-2008 at 02:18 AM.. Reason: added the P.S.
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2008, 02:17 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Castle has learned of a slight incompatibility of the CC BEC with the SPEKTRUM AR 6100, 6200, 7000, JR 790 ScanSelect, and JR 2100 ScanSelect Synthesized receivers. There is a very easy work around for our customers who already have the CC BEC and we are making modifications to the components of all new CC BECs that are built from Nov. 1, 2007, forward.

The simple explanation is that the CC BEC, like most Castle products, is designed to be USB linkable via the signal wire on the servo connector. As part of that, the CC BEC will pull the signal wire to ground unless it is sending a signal on that line. Nothing out of the ordinary with this. Similarly, the Spektrum team designed these receivers to look for a grounded signal pin on the battery port in order to initiate binding. Nothing strange there either. Castle does something similar with our Berg receivers. The problem is that the two designs result in the CC BEC triggering the receiver's binding mode immediately upon power up. We have redesigned the CC BEC to facilitate the USB activities without initiating the binding mode.

For those of you with the affected CC BECs and Spektrum receivers there are at least three solutions:
  1. Remove the orange signal wire from the CC BEC RX power lead before you plug the lead into the battery port on the receiver.
  2. Plug the entire/intact lead from the CC BEC into any other port on the receiver.
  3. Use a "Y" connector to plug the entire CC BEC lead into any port other than the BATT port on the receiver.
If you are unsatisfied with any of the above solutions, please simply send your CC BEC to Castle for upgrade.
Please note that this incompatibility will be immediately apparent. There are no known issues after the system is successfully powered up.

Thanks!
Team Castle

thought i would throw that in there in case anyone has problems with that bec
trex 500 cf. work in progress
full throttle, ill figure it out from there
overclocker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2008, 06:28 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

BUMP.

Some really good info up there ^^
Old 07-13-2008, 12:25 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good Call Johnny!(bump2)
Old 07-13-2008, 03:04 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thats interesting. Dont think it is that. I used to plug the connector into a different hole. Now I have it in Batt hole of the reciever. I will change it over again and then I will remove the gear and check it. I have a spare set of gears so could change that and have a go. I will also have a look at thinks binding however my heli spins so free and easy I just cant see it been a binding issue.

Thanks for the input.

Andy
Ronniebiggs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh well.. Why dont you send the heli to me and i'll fix it?

-Jonny
Old 07-14-2008, 02:20 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

As I said before, if your going by Birmingham anytime i can take a look and test it with my spare spare belt cp/trex 450 bits ( i have loads of spare motors etc lol)
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thats a good offer Andy, Grant only had to look at my heli and it cured itself and hasn't glitched since.
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2008, 04:28 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
Grant only had to look at my heli and it cured itself and hasn't glitched since.
LOL
Old 07-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Grant for the offer. Dont get over there very often. Will be mid to end of sept before I get anywhere near. Still probably wont get the dam thingt done by then. I havent touched it now for a few months. Its still sat there on top of my fridge but I just dont seem to find the time to strip it down and start a fresh. I was going to try heliguy and see if I could pay them to fix it but I dont think they will as most the parts havent been bought from them.

I think it could be the ESC still not the motor but cant get finished early enough to call the shop I got the ESC from.

Andy
Ronniebiggs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default BREAKTHROUGH OR BRAKEDOWN?

Hey Andy, Guess What? I just did a tail rebuild on my belt added new Trex 325GF blades. Had a little time today gave it some hops to adjust the tail in the living room then oops hit the couch(everything checked, everything good) proceeded to finish setup of tail spun it up and up and up WTF I thought, no lift? Now I haven't got it zeroed in yet but I will! So, Andy I don't have a comp.TX, no 2.4g, Just stock Tx ,carbon Belt cnc head/tl. upgraded servos,Esc. This is to prove that it's a mechanical problem My set up is good, pitch range fine, good mesh/all teeth on main G, no belt issues and I really think Thunder Nailed it with the pinion. Here's why my new blades are heavy, my main gear is really tough, tail good, when I hit the couch somthings gotta give(the feathering shaft didn't even bend). I think that the main spun the pinion (it will still be tight on the motor but speed/tork will spin it). I'm going to take mine off first thing and loctite it back on, as well as some other tests, well we haven't heard from ya in a while and when my heli didn't lift I figured I'd check in. I'll report back w/ my findings.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:55 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!!!!!!

Andy, a few hrs of fiddlin and diddlin and we have lift off!!!!! It was not the pinion the feathering shaft WAS slightly bent couldn't tell unless you took It out, but not the entire problem either. The problem was.............Loose Ball Links ( the actual balls not the rods) in the head throwing off the pitch in the blades while spun up only and holding negative pitch! It also threw off the tracking. Please check all ball links and screws in the head. After tightening them I had lift off and good tracking blades without any further adjustments. I hope this gets it done for you too!!!!!

P.S. this is what is covered with this fix brown outs, no lift, appearance of set up good, proper wiring, and good head speed

Last edited by Heli Yea!; 08-10-2008 at 02:29 PM..
Heli Yea! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #234 (permalink)

My HF Map location

LOL thats all i have to say
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2008, 04:11 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default bump

bump! Lets grab the bull by the balls because grabbing the horns didn't work!
Old 10-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bump

Thats 245 posts of frustration misery and despair finally laid to rest

Go getm Andy
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in