Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Starting out...

I'm new to collective pitch and in fact I don't even have one yet but I have done my homework and I plan to pull the trigger on an MCPX in about 3 weeks. I definitely want to go brushless for the power and control but I'm not sure if I even want to buy a stock V1 or V2. I don't know enough about it and my question has to do with whether I should just build one from the ground up with the upgrades I want, or should I just buy a V1 and go from there? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also some answer's about cost effectiveness per method would be appreciated as well. Thanks guys...
Harmwalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 03:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would suggest buying a V1 mcpx and keep it stock until you can control it real well then go brushless.

Reason I suggest keeping it stock is because it's your first cp, you will crash a lot and keeping it stock will lessen the damage and repairs. Once you go brushless, you will need to repair more even though it's very minimal compared to bigger helis.
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 04:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I highly suggest learning Collective Pitch with a good bit of forward flight and atleast fig 8's befor even attempting to move on to higher power. You will realize this once you get the heli. Merely hovering takes a lot more skill than it looks like.

Once you start learning to flip and roll and actually need the power, than it would be better for you (and your wallet) to move unto Brushless.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with everyone else here. The stock mcpx is more than enough to carry you through the skill sets you need to acquire before you move to BL. That should give you plenty of time to figure out what BL setup to start off with.
flixdachef is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 02:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO stock mcpx coming from an FP heli is terrifying enough!
Old 03-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there
i started with a solo pro fp last year in june.
In september i bought a mcpx and a 450, to day i handle well nose in flying and figure 8's.
So now i'm thinking brushless.
Why: brushless motors last longer, fly longer and i just want toupgrade
kvandenbroucke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in