Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

My HF Map location

yes they do
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have to get the metal swash for the Xtreme DFC head to work?
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
Nope it can be used with the standard swash.
Wigz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #44 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecpnitro View Post
Nope, but I think it helps because it reduces slop. And since DFC is harder on swashplates it may be a good idea.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

And all your doing is putting the new dampers in the stock plastic head for the new feathering shaft to fit?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #46 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yup.

Not the stock head but I thought I'd show a pic of it just because
Old 04-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome! I bet it helps get rid of the zero pitch jitters too.

Ever since my tail FET burned out, after replacing it my tail kind of has a mind of its own. Its very sensitive and will turn a quarter turn right without input now and then. Especially after flipping to inverted.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

How tight do you get the FS nut and do you locktite it?
bobsyouruncle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #49 (permalink)

My HF Map location

No nut, it's just a phillips head on one end and a flat head on the other. Just tighten all the way with loctite and leave it... it's a tighten and forget kind of thing... just tighten it with loctite and never touch it again
Old 04-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

please excuse the ugly tail :p
Old 04-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

please excuse the ugly tail :p[/QUOTE]

Not excused! lol Just kidding.
hookedonflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #52 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I need a new frame and a new tail...
Old 04-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, have you guys done anything to loosen up the grips a little? I always thought having the blades not "free flopping" caused tail wag, and I have noticed that a bit on the heli that I have this DFC head on. It seems like the inserts need to be trimmed down a little, but I don't want to mess with it too much, because I don't think those are replaceable. Not sure what is causing the drag on the blades. Maybe it's where the insert folds. I believe my blades are hanging on that a bit. Thoughts?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookedonflying View Post
Hey, have you guys done anything to loosen up the grips a little? I always thought having the blades not "free flopping" caused tail wag, and I have noticed that a bit on the heli that I have this DFC head on. It seems like the inserts need to be trimmed down a little, but I don't want to mess with it too much, because I don't think those are replaceable. Not sure what is causing the drag on the blades. Maybe it's where the insert folds. I believe my blades are hanging on that a bit. Thoughts?
I have noticed the same thing with the inserts causing them to pinch the blades, your right they do pinch due to the single score line where they fold causing them to bind on the root of the blade.

Put them on the blade with a screw through the hole and dip them into a pan of simmering water and you can gently manipulate them to fold square rather than to a point or you can gently heat a small flat blade screwdriver and reshape them when fitted into the grips.

The design would be better if it had 2 score lines so that it folded round the blade rather than just folding in half.
Wigz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigz View Post
I have noticed the same thing with the inserts causing them to pinch the blades, your right they do pinch due to the single score line where they fold causing them to bind on the root of the blade.

Put them on the blade with a screw through the hole and dip them into a pan of simmering water and you can gently manipulate them to fold square rather than to a point or you can gently heat a small flat blade screwdriver and reshape them when fitted into the grips.

The design would be better if it had 2 score lines so that it folded round the blade rather than just folding in half.
Oh boy. I guess you need to be careful with the water as to not warp the whole darn thing. Is it easier than I'm making it out to be? I just don't want to ruin them. I do like the idea of the inserts.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:30 PM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I've never had a problem, no mods to the inserts or anything. I actually prefer running blades slightly tighter I feel it makes it more crisp on cyclic.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, I read this thread and decided to try these grips and links out. I kept my stock head and after what must have been delivery by mule train from china I got my new grips and links. I have to say..............I am not disappointed. This thing flies amazing! It's super smooth and collective input response is crisp and exacting. I used to have some pretty neurotic pitch variations due to what I can only surmise was slop in the stock grips. It's completely gone. I flew it around my living room tonight and with a microheli swash with rear ar guide and the extreme setup it nearly hovers itself. I'm really pleased with how it cleaned up the flight characteristics and if it holds up like claimed I'll be more so in the future. I'm really not going to miss constantly adjusting my FS anymore. Thanks for the good advice and +1 to anyone thinking of picking this up.
bobsyouruncle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, I'm using the stock Nano head but with the xtreme blade grips and feathering shaft. I've followed the instructions, but it seems that I still have 1-2mm of play. Is this normal?

There are two sets of washers and I used them both as shown in the instructions.
Veridis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2014, 10:12 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridis View Post
Hi guys, I'm using the stock Nano head but with the xtreme blade grips and feathering shaft. I've followed the instructions, but it seems that I still have 1-2mm of play. Is this normal?

There are two sets of washers and I used them both as shown in the instructions.
I wanna bump this question too. I still have some play in my shaft, literally about a millimetre but other than that it looks good.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was gonna say no play at all in mine, but just pulled on it and it has ever so slight play. Insignificant. Maybe .25mm if that. Must be something wrong with your setup or maybe a bad batch? Shouldn't have 1mm of play. Mine is great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in