Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

View Poll Results: Do we need a JS Model TZ-V2 frenzy thread
YES 57 78.08%
NO 7 9.59%
Heck NO! 9 12.33%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 10:58 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I want to order one and use as a trainer. Are the electronic engine govenors necessary when you are
starting out?

I want to order one and
dropnhook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Team Taco CEO

You going to let me fly it first, right Jeff? THEN, I'll vote.

Don't Taco My Pack, Bro! ,
Why crash when you can POUND it!
fireup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
BTW..... I saw the heli and I can spot a knock off in a heart beat.... SURE it has Raptor gears and Raptor Tail case etc.... Frame layout is a little like a Vibe50 but not exact, etc.... I personally did not see it as a total CLONE of anything... More than it used some parts from other helis!
That is exactly what I thought about it as well Bob. It looks like, but is not. IMHO, if they didn't choose to put a Canopy on it that looked so much like a Vibe's canopy, the "clone thing" probably would have never even come up.

Quote:
BTW guys at NO TIME did they ever offer me one! So I think for me lets see how the hell this heli goes, and go from there! One of my good friends got one and started this poll and I will get a chance to see how a friend likes it.... Heck if he lets me, I will fly it and try it.... Cant be all bad?

Bob
Who wouldn't let Bob fly their heli . I agree, this is one of those things that it is going to have to "stand the test of time". Will it hold up for the long haul? How will it fly after you put 200 flights on it? IMHO, it has the potential to be a good long term model.

What I really think this heli will do well as is an "Intro-Nitro". Hey that sounds pretty cool! Some one thinking they want to try out helis or try nitro. This is a low cost way to "give it a try". Nothing wrong with that!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
BTW..... I saw the heli and I can spot a knock off in a heart beat.... SURE it has Raptor gears and Raptor Tail case etc.... Frame layout is a little like a Vibe50 but not exact, etc.... I personally did not see it as a total CLONE of anything... More than it used some parts from other helis!

BTW guys at NO TIME did they ever offer me one! So I think for me lets see how the hell this heli goes, and go from there! One of my good friends got one and started this poll and I will get a chance to see how a friend likes it.... Heck if he lets me, I will fly it and try it.... Cant be all bad?

Bob
You can fly it but not KEVIN

FYI I am using a Kasama head and a Kasama tail. They are left over from my Trex 600's so it won't be totally stock.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8016.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	88536   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8017.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	88537  
Duke600 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireup View Post
You going to let me fly it first, right Jeff? THEN, I'll vote.
LOL I was working on my response to bob's post when you posted.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I uploaded a bunch of pics from my "build". I didn't take any final pics yet, but you can see what comes in the box, some close-ups and how I have everything installed on it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/James.In...Me6o67v6aT4Dg#

I didnt put any captions on any of the pictures yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx- View Post
I uploaded a bunch of pics from my "build". I didn't take any final pics yet, but you can see what comes in the box, some close-ups and how I have everything installed on it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/James.In...Me6o67v6aT4Dg#

I didnt put any captions on any of the pictures yet.
Nice pictures, I thought it was one of the easiest builds I have ever done. I loved how the ball links came pre-assembled.

PS don't forget the screws in the cyclic servos
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke600 View Post
Nice pictures, I thought it was one of the easiest builds I have ever done. I loved how the ball links came pre-assembled.

PS don't forget the screws in the cyclic servos
LOL. Those pictures are for a couple of weeks ago. Already have about 3 gallons thru the thing. Servo screws are the last thing I do after I do my radio setup . Good Eye though.

And yes, It was a VERY easy build. Everything just went together. I did not find any complications at all during putting it together. My links were not the right lengths. But it was nice to not have to do the "death finger link twisting". I did not have to size a single link either. They all snapped on with some force and were the perfect fit.

What I REALLY liked was installing the servos. I absolutely HATE installing servos. But the holes they had in the frames opposite the servo mounts was GREAT! You can put a bolt on your driver, slide it thru the holes and then into the servos. I put my nuts on the outside as you can see in the pics. No fussing with trying to get nuts on the bolts inside the frame.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok here is mine i replaced the belt gear cause it was not round. I used a Raptor tail gear it fit perfect I am a noob so I buit this on a budget

Redline 53 with outrage pipe
Align 610 servos
Futaba 401/9254
Align 2in1 with stepdown for 9254
Futaba GV-1
DX7/AR7000

Name:	DSC00543.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	88538

Name:	DSC00546.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	88539

Name:	DSC00548.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	88540

Name:	DSC00552.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	88541
Rudedog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #50 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

DAMN DUDE...... I cant believe your a n00b! Pretty nice wiring job for a freakin n00b!

I call BS

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:36 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well i consider myself a noob. I still cant hover nose in i can do figure 8's and some other things, nothing big no 3d yet. I am scared as hell to point the nose at me. As for the wiring i am a neat freak haha
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK cool.... your wiring is still great! Better than I would do probably! I am impressed anyway

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 12:44 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Finless I must be doing somthing right
Old 03-27-2009, 04:41 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want a sub forum, start posting threads. If there is interest and activity, there will be a sub forum.

But Will doesn't do it without activity.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 05:09 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
If you want a sub forum, start posting threads. If there is interest and activity, there will be a sub forum.

But Will doesn't do it without activity.
Wouldn't you consider this thread "activity". 4 1/2 pages of posts in a day seems pretty active to me?
Old 03-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it helps someone get in the air because of price,sub assembly and fly ability then we should have a place for them to share info.And if for whatever reason not alot of people join the thread then we need a place for those helis that just didn,t make it.We can call it the trash pile thread.We are about helis!
oballzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 AM   #57 (permalink)

My HF Map location

This is a whole lot more response than we have received about other helis that were requested. Another couple days and a decision will be made, but it is looking favorable interest wise so far. I am also curious to hear what Bob has to say about his buddy's machine after they get it flying.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
BC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That video of the kid at the vegas event was sick! I guess he likes it! That should sell a couple right there. I better grab a kit or 2 before the price goes up,and I think it will.
BC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I vote for a separate thread, but I am of course, biased

As for the heli, we have been very impressed not only with the heli, but the fact that the manufacturer is very willing to make changes that our customers have suggested, including ones we have suggested. The first helis we got had links that were SILLY tight. Dan spent hours with the link ball reamer getting them smooth, and we bitched about this to the factory. Now the links come pre-assembled in the box, and they are like butter when you snap them on!

Finless, we picked up Ben Strorick at the event to fly for A Main Hobbies and JS Models, not long after you shot the video. I guess he really liked it a lot!

And I would love to have you do a build video. Interested?
KendallB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kendall,

First off, thanks for the opportunity to review this model.

I did not have to resize a single link when I put mine together. They snapped on and were perfect. The first one I snapped on, I thought I was going to break it because it was so hard to get it to snap on the ball. I was almost sure that it would be stretched or broken when I finally got it on there. But that was not the case. As I told Dan, the entire Heli just went together. I did not find any issues that had me sitting there scratching my head. The only issue I had was the length of the links were not set per the manual. But I did not really expect them to be.

In speaking with Dan, I was surprised to hear just how much JS is working with Amain and the customers to make this heli better. It is very refreshing to see that. This Heli is a fine match for just about any skill level. And the price is nice to boot!

Tags
amain, frenzy, js models, tz-v2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in