Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > Hurricane 425

Hurricane 425 Discussion and support of the Gaui Hurricane 425

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli won't lift off.........

So I've got all of my wiring issues worked out and took my new build out to test everything. After a few adjustments and the tail blowing out a couple of times I felt it was time to see if she would lift off. I give it 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 throttle nothing. Tried it again up about 90% throttle, nothing.Tried it a couple more times still nothing.
What am I missing?
Powerthud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure you calibrate your throttle range in the ESC and get about 10 degrees pitch at full throttle.

What is your powersystem?
-motor kv
-lipo
-motor pinion
sp00fman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Strange....Disconnect the motor and post a photo of the head at fulll throttle...we need to see what the blades look like...
...as far as that goes, just send a video of you attempting to lift off..that will say it all...
PT
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you checked your blade pitch at high stick? As mentioned above, you should have about 10 degrees or so of positive pitch at high stick. If the swash plate is moving down at high stick you will have negative pitch and need to change the pitch settings in the swash mix in your radio. If so, just reverse the pitch setting number from a (+) to a (-) or vice versa.

Also, do the main blades seem to be spinning up to a normal rpm? If not, the OWB could be installed upside down, or, the grub screws in the primary gear ( the one that meshes with the pinion gear ) may not be in the little "indents" in the OWB shaft and the gear is spinning on the shaft. Seen this happen many times.

Jerry

I don't need the latest and greatest. I just need more time to fly what I have.
Align 450 Sport V2, Gaui 200, Gaui 425 x 2, "HeadHunter 500, Gaui 550, all Flybar'd

Jerrymac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried them all. Still won't lift off. I haven't taken photo's yet will try tonight. It definately spools up fine, just sits there with the rotors spinning it looks like the swash plate isn't rising or falling much. Which would explain lack of pitch which equals no lift?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

check your swash mix in the radio. should be around 60% on all 3 settings.
that will make your swash move up and down farther.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF MR Support

...Got those pics or video yet?
list your TX and settings and we will crunch the numers!
That Gaui should have JUMPED into the air by now...
PT
Old 07-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had trouble posting the photo's last night. I will try again this evening. It is just to wierd. The rotors spool up, I've tried everything that you guys have suggested.
I guess I must be holding my mouth funny.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ok what kind of radio do you have -I had an issue when I first started in Helicopters where every thing was fine and when I took it off of throttle hold the swash plate wouldnt move. It was a mixing issue and the found out the throttle hold was my problem just had to flip a switch on the menu I think thats what i did. I did end up getting a new radio and never had the problem again. maybe ck this also
mightymouse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2011, 08:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I'm an idiot. Brad @ Action Hobbies got me going. I had so many things screwed up that it is a good thing it wouldn't fly. Idiot part 2: Got it home and decided to try to fly it. Instead of going to the parking lot I usually go to I went to the nice soft grassy school yard. Bad idea, I'm pretty new to this so I still use training wheels. Got it to hover for a couple of minutes, set it down to double check a couple of things and took off again. It went slightly left, hooked the training wheels in the grass and tore the main blades off. Oh well there is always next week end.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
HF MR Support

....Well, Are you going to tell us what was done to get you going?
....dont know what to tell you on the second one...
PT
Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Elevator was reversed, aileron was reversed. Radio settings were wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in