Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swash ball and tail case question

I finally got my kit and have started to put things together, but I've run into a couple of things I want to check on.

Firstly my swash ball seems pretty stiff. As a result the movement on the swash is not that smooth or free. Is this normal on a new Warp swash and will it wear in? There also seems to be a touch of resistance in places when sliding the swash up and down the main shaft, again I think because the ball is tight. Should I just add a touch of oil and run it in?

Secondly the tail case seems to pinch ever so slightly on the tail spindle and pulley, again causing it to not run 100% smooth, anyone else had this? I've shimmed a side plate a fraction and now its running smooth, will this be fine?

Jeti DS-14
A.W. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2015, 02:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

All the Warp ball links are under sized so they have to be reamed.
Take the reaming easy and slow so you dont overdo it and have to start over again.
About the tail i dont know as my tail was fine.
Exo 500
Mr.Andersen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've already reamed the links a little and they're pretty free, it's the actual swash, the upper part the main shaft goes through that seems really stiff and restrictive as the swash tilts and moves.

Jeti DS-14
Old 06-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without being able to feel it for myself from what you have said it's tight so you have a few options try some lube, fly it and see if it loosens up or replace it. You could contact the shop you bought it from they may just replace it anyway.

As for the tail, they are tricky to get right, it sounds like the bearings aren't installed in the plate flush, there could be a defect on the plate or some crap that has got in there when installing the bearing. Again it's up to you what you want to do with it, warps love throwing the tail apart in flight if it's not right.
waxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Secondly the tail case seems to pinch ever so slightly on the tail spindle and pulley, again causing it to not run 100% smooth, anyone else had this? I've shimmed a side plate a fraction and now its running smooth, will this be fine?"

I agree with Waxman here, in that the tail bearings may not be seated properly. If you have the tail box with the CF sides, take the time to remove the bearings and epoxy them in with JB Weld epoxy or something similar (JB Weld is very, very tough stuff).

The tail should be set up so that there is no side-to-side play of the tail shaft, but that the shaft/pulley is not pinched and causing friction either. My kit came with a shim washer, which I did not use (things fit properly without it).

Also make sure that the sides of the tail case are parallel (this was not the case with some of the very early kits).
Old 06-20-2015, 03:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok thanks.

I have the metal side plates for the tail in my kit, the bearings were pre installed. Will remove the bearings and start fresh. With the shim there was a fraction of side to side play which is what worried me and why I posted.

Will see how the swash is, it's already loosened a bit just by moving it about a lot. Hopefully it will free up some more.

Jeti DS-14

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in