Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters > TRM Power

TRM Power TRM Power - Toxic Al Factory Support Forum Worldwide. Any Product.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2005, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G26 PU

Guys you have me worried after reading about the bad vibes from G26 engines. I have the aircraft engine, we have removed prop spindle etc, the fly wheel has been drilled and balanced, the fan has been dialled on, so what can i expect now? is my spectra going to vibrate apart or with a gentle run in period will it smooth out.One of the comments i read said they become rough after the first gallon or so.There is a lot of grafite in this heli and nowhere to absorb unwanted vibration. I am new to gassers and unfamiliar with what i should do with this engine? the spectra is nearly ready for its first run. :?:
spectrapilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Well, Hanson had to lighten the piston and re-balance to get it closer.
Al Magaloff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The airframe of the Spectra-G is designed to dampen vibration very well. I hope you well with the chosen motor though. In testing, the G-26 in airplane or stock heli mode is nearly unusable due to vibration that developes sooner or later. Parts actually fall off models in flight, it is not pretty. Thats why we are so hyped by the TRM G-26 proto-type motor that we are testing, very smooth. So far, excellent!

Later,

Toxic Racing Motors
IRCHA #1716
bigrcr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Your tail fins, canopy and boom supports should give you plenty of warning if you got a vib problem. If they buzz or you can see them with harmonics, the motor is probably not going to work out. Best of luck with it. I have heard some of the 26's run good. I know my TRM260 does, but Toxic Al is as good a builder as it gets, and he has some serious work in this motor. So far so good at the 1.75 gallon or so mark, but only time and testing in the heat of summer will tell if the TRM260 will ever be a release motor.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

John, I know Chris Bergen has said the same thing about Bergen helis. Maybe due to the frames being G10, the vibes are dampened out. Where in a metal framed gasser, a stock 260 may not be as friendly. I'm in the market for either a Hanson 260 or a TRM 260 very soon! Spectra G on the near horizon. Keep me in mind boys.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Dont underestimate the TRM231 Al. I can tell you first hand it is an awesome powerplant. It is debatable whether the TRM260 prototype will ever be as all around a good motor as the TRM231. Also if you buy the TRM231 now and the TRM260 does make it out of prototype form, your 231 can be turned into a 260 with the addition of the modded 260 cylinder piston and ring. Easy as pie and not very expensive. Best thing about Toxic Al to is that he is constantly evolving and we are testing the motors. The TRM231 Stage 1 that is selling now is well tested with a huge amount of gallons through them. The 231 I am about to get is teh first Stage 2. If my stage 2 works out, John will be getting one immediately and we will test. If they make production, anyone who has the stage 1 will be able to send it to Al and get it updated to stage 2 for a very reasonable price. Toxic Al and MA and the TRM Team want to bring the gasser community affordable and potent powerplants and tuned pipes and we are not going to stop development and testing until we do. People buying the motors will further help the cause. Thank you for considering a TRM231.

I have seen plenty of Hanson Pro 26's (I can't keep up with all his names, but I am talking about hte current pro 260 or 3D or whatever it is called) and I honestly believe the TRM231 is a way more user friendly and all around better choice. It has a wider power band from what I have seen and it is a tested and proven revver with no vibration tendencies. My 231 Al is working on right now will be installed in my Gas SE whish is goign to be my primary camera ship.

Bruce Hanson is definitely the godfather of modded Zens, but Toxic Al has developed modern forward looking techniques and mods based on extensive experience and testing and in my opinion and DEFINITELY in the boater community Al's motors are second to none for any price. Have a look at the records he holds.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:10 AM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Also. All TRM motors we test are first tested in our GAS SE airframes which John feels does not mask the vibs nearly as much as the Spectra. The TRM231 prototype that is the same as the current prioduction stage 1 motors that John is flying was extensively tested in his Gas SE for months before he installed it into a Spectra G, and it is super smooth in both airframes.
Old 01-07-2005, 06:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the response guys not exactly what i wanted to hear. Tell me John is the TRM 231 ready to go out of the box without needing anything else other than dialling in the fan? If so how smooth is it ?, does it compare with a glow engine? sorry if i sound a bit paranoid but to get one of these engines in oz i will be looking at $600 or so. I can't afford to make another wrong choice, thanks i do appreciate the feed back.
spectrapilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2005, 06:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Where other than MA can i order over the net, do Ricks sell TRM 231's
Old 01-07-2005, 06:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Rick's does not sell them. HeliProz sells them but I think they are reluctant to ship overseas due to some major problems they have had.

I know Ray fo Ray's Heli Resource has at least one left in stock. Not sure if he ships to Australia though. I will check with him this morning. 600 is a lot for a motor that retails for a shade over 400 here in the states.

I will call Ray first thing this morning and get back to you.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:12 AM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Just got off the phone with Ray. He does ship to Australia no problem. He does not have any motors left in stock and he is waiting on some right now. Sorry, tried to help...
Old 01-07-2005, 11:25 AM   #12 (permalink)

Thanks Will. Some good info there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in