Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nicest landing gear I've tried so far

Was running the Kbdd white for visability at night but ordered these to try on my stretched Mcpx but they are too low.

They are the MCPx FAI skids part # BLH3536 http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...selage-BLH3536

They do however suit the Nano really well...I trimmed the skid pipes about 3mm front and 2mm back but apart from that they go straight on.

Stock lg is about 0.6g from memory, Kbdd 1.15 or so. These come in pretty much bang on 1g.

Feel pretty durable too. Nice little strengthening gussets underneath as well.

The lipo tray is ever slightly larger than normal mcpx or kbdd ie a Hyperion 550 will slide in snug (as a reference for those familiar). I added a teeny bit of loop side adhesive velcro to my packs (stock) to make them snug.

Amp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-14_14-52-33_798.jpg
Views:	1362
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	374068   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-14_14-53-33_301.jpg
Views:	1283
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	374069   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-14_14-53-12_960.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	374070   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-12-14_14-53-49_805.jpg
Views:	1316
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	374071  
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks great, love that canopy too!
Mcpx BL2
profilefan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice. I like it. Have you tried the Airtime skids? Im contemplating getting the Airtimes. The stock skids are such a PITA.
Teeyo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for sharing the FAI skids. I liked how it looked when I first saw it on the mCPX. I like the profile.

Good to know the weight. I know the nano stock skids are like .54g and the Glow in the dark version (mSR skids) are heavier at .84g or something like that.

I personally think the airtime skids are great for their durabilities, but don't like their profile on the Nano.
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice little heli that Amp!! Sadly these skids don't seem to be available at all in the UK, at least not at the moment.

I particularly like the in-line tail motor mount you've used. Do you find he Nano is better with the motor on the same plane as the tail boom?? Is that a 7mm motor??

Lovely canopy that too, I've got the black, red & white one on one of my Nano's but it's not as pretty as that canopy is. NICE!!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

what canopy is that?
DX8, mSR X, Force Helis
Timeetyo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

That's a Walkera Genius CP. see my blog post. http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/11/bla...opy-revisited/

Op then cut to his liking and installed some decals from the Extreme system canopy.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
That's a Walkera Genius CP. see my blog post. http://www.hacksmods.com/2012/11/bla...opy-revisited/

Op then cut to his liking and installed some decals from the Extreme system canopy.
Awesome, thanks. Definately like the base color of the yellow/orange - wish the green was green/black like that.
DX8, mSR X, Force Helis
Timeetyo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 AM   #9 (permalink)

I got a Nano Wasp canopy coming too. It looks like a rebadged Mini CP. Hobby People is gonna start carrying it. They are featuring it in their Christmas advertising. The Canopy looks like the same shape as the other Walkera indestructable ones. And their green looks pretty good.

Banggood has it for $3.59 when it comes back into stock.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
Nice little heli that Amp!! Sadly these skids don't seem to be available at all in the UK, at least not at the moment.

I particularly like the in-line tail motor mount you've used. Do you find he Nano is better with the motor on the same plane as the tail boom?? Is that a 7mm motor??

Lovely canopy that too, I've got the black, red & white one on one of my Nano's but it's not as pretty as that canopy is. NICE!!
Tail is stock 6mm. The idea of the raised stock tail case is to get the tail thrust vector closer to the plain of the main rotor to reduce list. I like the inline for aesthetics and don't think maybe 5mm will change the force angle much. Basically it looks better to my eye. May be benifit re torsional flexing of the tail boom but once again by-product.
Amp
Old 12-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

O.K. thanks Amp. Did Dylan make that motor mount for you? On the AD site Dylan only has a 7mm in-line mount for a 3mm boom listed. Maybe I was lookingin the wrong place. I agree, it does look aestheticly pleasing to the eye.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
O.K. thanks Amp. Did Dylan make that motor mount for you? On the AD site Dylan only has a 7mm in-line mount for a 3mm boom listed. Maybe I was lookingin the wrong place. I agree, it does look aestheticly pleasing to the eye.
No (well kinda)....it's from my walkera 4#b days and was made by Microheliconcepts (JasonJetski). Interestingly Dylan actually provided the file to Jason though...way back then!

Amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in