Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 02:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
Weelee,

Decrease the agility settings a bit, and/or use D/R and expo on the radio.
Thanks again Dr M.
Expo should be good at 40% but agility is way too high at 45. Before i changed to BFs setting i had it at 30. I'll reduce it today if the wind stays away
weelee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6i ZYX-S

In setting up a DX6i; do the swash values in the menu have to be set to zero? ZYX manual says to turn off swash mixing, I was assuming setting the swash values to zero did this?? All my other mixing menu's are INH.

I also kept my EXPO/DR the way I like it; will the ZYX change the feel of the sticks??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZYX II 003.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	322566  
Ironrotor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

You want to set swash mix to INH aswell. If you set the swash type to 1servo90 then it should be INH and it won't let you change it.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironrotor View Post
In setting up a DX6i; do the swash values in the menu have to be set to zero? ZYX manual says to turn off swash mixing, I was assuming setting the swash values to zero did this?? All my other mixing menu's are INH.

I also kept my EXPO/DR the way I like it; will the ZYX change the feel of the sticks??
The ZYX does not have Expo/DR, so your TX still handles that. I don't imagine it will change that much, I did not notice anything on mine.
SQRT(-2) is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by youturnjason View Post
You want to set swash mix to INH aswell. If you set the swash type to 1servo90 then it should be INH and it won't let you change it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SQRT(-2) View Post
The ZYX does not have Expo/DR, so your TX still handles that. I don't imagine it will change that much, I did not notice anything on mine.
Awesome, thanks guys. Setting the tx to 1servo90 is what I was confused about. I like my Expo/DR settings and didnt know if the ZYX would change the way it felt.

I will do some programming tonight and report back.

Cheers.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can set expo on your transmitter but leave d/r at 100. If you want to tame the heli turn down the agility settings.
youturnjason is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool thanks, I keep Expo 100 and I like me DR at 18. I now have the ZYX programmed. I just need to test fly it.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironrotor View Post
Cool thanks, I keep Expo 100 and I like me DR at 18. I now have the ZYX programmed. I just need to test fly it.
i hope you mean DR 100 and Expo 18, cause otherwise you're gonna turn that heli into a pile of broken bits...
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
i hope you mean DR 100 and Expo 18, cause otherwise you're gonna turn that heli into a pile of broken bits...
Yes you are correct. And I have turned a Heli to bits for totally different reasons.

Great thread guys.

Thanks.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoelshot View Post
Anyone have a setup for a 600 yet?
I did setup 600E with ZYX. With factory gains on cyclics it gets hard vibrations! BE CAREFULL. You have to decrease gains on roll, elev to 20-30 range I suppose.

In general I was extremelly happy. 600E was rock solid till yesterday... After around 100 filghts I increased gains on cyclics. 600E started ok but after it gained 10-20 meters height it started to shake badly in roll axis (roll gain was 40). I was unable to save it, hit throttle hold. I lost blades, tail blades, tail boom and 2 Futaba servos on cyclics.

I am not sure if it was cyclic servo failure or vibration was caused by Tarot ZYX malfunction. I blame servo which hade plastic gear. ZYX on my 450 is flawless.

here is a video of my 600 with ZYX [ame]http://vimeo.com/42729222[/ame]
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome. I have got my 600N nearly dialed. It has a very slight almost none existent wobble in FFF. Other than that, it's rock solid with all of the maneuvers I am comfortable performing. 3D, just not hard smack 3D. Know I am working on my 550E setup.
Spektrum iX12
hoelshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi hoelshot. I've an ZYX unit and FBL ready to fit to my 600NSP but have been a little nervous about doing it. I haven't been able to find any settings or feedback on the performance of the unit on a large nitro heli - until now!

I'm still playing ad learning on my 450 but must now bite the bullet.

Any chance that you could post your 600N settings so that I can use them as a starting point? I too am only a gentle 3D flier also so they should be just right.

I'm using a stock Align 50 motor and Align DS610s on cyclic and a BLS on the tail (can't remember the number!)

Many thanks, Dave
averhamdave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by averhamdave View Post
Hi hoelshot. I've an ZYX unit and FBL ready to fit to my 600NSP but have been a little nervous about doing it. I haven't been able to find any settings or feedback on the performance of the unit on a large nitro heli - until now!

I'm still playing ad learning on my 450 but must now bite the bullet.

Any chance that you could post your 600N settings so that I can use them as a starting point? I too am only a gentle 3D flier also so they should be just right.

I'm using a stock Align 50 motor and Align DS610s on cyclic and a BLS on the tail (can't remember the number!)

Many thanks, Dave
I had mine set on just the Hardcore setting and did not have to adjust anything. I fly a little 3d but nothing like a friend of mine that flew my 600 at the field. The ZYX held up on everything that he threw at it. Got the the 600 electric now and the gyro is still good. Hope this helps.
mini73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for that.

I'm just setting the ^00 up with the kit now. Can anyone tell me what the servo speeds are I should be selecting in the ZYX menu?

I'm using Align DS610s on the cyclic and a Futaba S9254 on the tail. I know they are digital but what speed?

Thanks, dave
Old 07-01-2012, 08:22 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by averhamdave View Post
Thanks for that.

I'm just setting the ^00 up with the kit now. Can anyone tell me what the servo speeds are I should be selecting in the ZYX menu?

I'm using Align DS610s on the cyclic and a Futaba S9254 on the tail. I know they are digital but what speed?

Thanks, dave
DS610 ==> 200Hz @ swash
S9254 ==> 1520 µs / 333 Hz @ tail
Old 07-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, thanks Tribal69.

Figured out the settings last night and entered both as 1520us, which turns out correct.

Other issues now!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

What setting do I alter to stop a very minor vertical tail bounce on pitch inputs (mainly when stopping after dropping pitch)... Cheers
Mr.Blobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have my tarot 450 pro v2 settings here they seem to work well

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7246705/zxy%...20now%20v1.ini

i have a futaba radio

my DR are set to 80 and tail 85
my expo is set to 20 and tail 30

my gain AVC is set to 41%

my throttle curve is set to 85 liniar

my pitch curve is 11 + -
my cyclic pitch is 9 + -

i use the align esc with governer mode enabled
Old 11-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This is a huge thread!!! Basic programing a ZYX

I am seeking the settings for a ZYX so I can just fly around in a scale fuse.
Right now I programed the ZYX for beginner and went through the settings to make sure the servos move correctly.
I did not setup any other specks in the ZYX program and my 500 just tips to the left (tail in) when trying to lift off.
+ my tail wont controll the heli tail when I try and turn the tail to the left again tail in.

Does anyone have the settings I should use with the software and a DX8?

Thanks for your help.
Roger
Old 11-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
I am seeking the settings for a ZYX so I can just fly around in a scale fuse.
Right now I programed the ZYX for beginner and went through the settings to make sure the servos move correctly.
I did not setup any other specks in the ZYX program and my 500 just tips to the left (tail in) when trying to lift off.
+ my tail wont controll the heli tail when I try and turn the tail to the left again tail in.

Does anyone have the settings I should use with the software and a DX8?

Thanks for your help.
Roger
If you're confident the tail travel direction and gyro are setup correctly, then I'd say re-look at the mechanical setup of the tail/limits etc. It sounds like something might be binding or similar. Once I've setup the above parameters the only issues I have ever had in relation to the tail binding, tipping etc have always been mechanical. Even when all seems fine sitting on the bench, once under load only then do some mechanical issues shoe up. I'd go over your setup again, make sure gyro orientation is set correctly first (position of the gyro is set correctly... there are 3 settings), then make sure tail movement and limits are set correctly, as well as gyro compensation. And recheck the mechanical setup of the tail...
Mr.Blobby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in