Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 05:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default suggestions to make my sim work smoother

My computer used to be up to the task with ease but over the last year it has begun to act funny. After about 15 minutes of sim it will start to feel choppy. I tried lowering my graphics settings and that helped some but I know it can be better. Is there anything else I can try rather then buy a new computer
Trex 700L NEO / Mikado Logo 600SX Vbar 6.0/ Trex 470LM NEO, Oxy 2 CC Talon 25 NEO, 450 pro vbar 6.0pro/ Trex 700n DFC OS105HZR, Velocity50 Vbar 6.0pro -Oxy 5 NEO-/Trex 600efl PRO (Night Flyer) vbar/CC HV80 ......ALL VBAR CONTROL
Stevin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Clean out your fan and the inside of your computer. Take it out and use a compressor to blow everything out. Then wipe out and reinstall everything. Make sure all drivers are up to date.

Thanks,
Chris
thenewguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

careful with the compressor....even those caned air stuff can potently blow capacitors and stuff off the PC board. You can use them just don't get right on them and go crazy, lol. A straw and my mouth are usually good enough. (insert blow hard joke here, lol)
It certainly could be that the caked on dust (if you don't regularly clean the inside of your computer case) can cause your computer to start to over heat and slow down.

also getting the latest video card drivers would not be a bad idea.
Zerolizer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a good habit to clean the pc fans, and a good dusting. I do it about every three months.
PSU Fan, CPU Fan, and any other fans. I use a tooth brush and clean each fan blade. It gets caked on the back sides of the blades even more. Once you give it a good cleaning you can hear it even sounds better. Also you can go into system and Advanced System Settings, and Performance, and set the pc to adjust for best performance. Aslo go into Windows C: be careful don't start just deleting stuff. But once in Windows C: delete anything in Prefetch, and Temp. Also run your Disk cleanup and check all the box's and click OK. And you can delete any Desktop icons, you can get to them from start menu. This will help also.

If you do a little research on what is safe to stop, you can go to MSconfig, type that into start menu search and hit enter, and it will bring up a box, then you can stop any service's that you don't need running it will speed up your computer even more. But you need to know what your doing in their. Caution!!! You may stop your internet or other much needed services. As the others have said above, Clean & Reload windows and updated drivers make a big difference. And don't install any programs you don't have to have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in