Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2015, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad crash - would you trust H6040 servos?

Yesterday was a bad day for my 600, the only thing that made it out alive is my AR7200BX... The head was a completely mangled mess but somehow the servos seem to be ok. Given how bad the crash was I am not sure that I could trust this set of H6040s and the H6080G again. Either way I was planning on taking them apart and doing a visual inspection of the gears to see if anything looked out of order. What do you guys think?

If I have to replace them, does anyone have any suggestions? I am looking for a reliable, economic servo for aggressive sport flying and mild 3D. I was planning on running an iKON next time around but I may choose the new microbeast plus as it will work with HV servos.
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 09:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can send them in to Horizon to be checked.

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsel.labao View Post
You can send them in to Horizon to be checked.
As in setup a work order like you're sending a model back in for repair? I haven't had too good of luck with that as most everything other than electronics comes back the same.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I think they are ok. I pulled each one apart and closely inspected each gear for damage. They look good, run smooth and don't feel crunchy. So again I ask, if you were in my position would you trust them on a budget 600x build?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...service-center

Here is the link, test will be done to it to determine if the servos are all operating within spec.

My RC facebook and Youtube Page (please subscribe to get latest news and video):
http://www.youtube.com/zoomtt
http://www.facebook.com/zoomtt
edsel.labao is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can sell you a 600X with servos for a good price never been flown. PM me if interested.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks but I am just about put back together on my spare.

By the way, in case anyone is interested in what happened; I was a total idiot and flew right into the sun, blinding my self. I would state the official cause as failure to properly orient my self with a new flying site which happened to face to the west. Any way, I had absolutely zero safe options available so I hit the throttle hold, centered the collective and listened for the crash. Not only was I out a 600X, I had strange spots in my vision for about two days.

I would have felt better about the situation if I was pushing the limits and just lost it too close to the ground but destroying a new aircraft over such stupidity really took the wind out of my sails for a few days.

Last edited by dexterous; 04-03-2015 at 11:47 PM..
dexterous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in