Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Return to Flying OOUUCCHH!!

Been over in the pond (Hawaii) the last few weeks, this weekend finally had a chance to do some flying. Since I am a bit rusty took out the 130x and had some fun with it, then took out the 450c, first battery all was a great flight, simple loops, a few inverted, quite smooth. Second battery went inverted and did an operator error, yup 25' up and pushed the stick full throttle the wrong way and full headspeed down, did hit TH about 10' up but still the damage is done .

Good thing I have a lot of spare parts, so on the bench she goes for a rebuild, but what the heck if your not flying and trying new things?????

And how have my fellow KDS Helifreaks been?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Auto - welcome back!

Sorry to hear you had a "successful aerobatic manouver with negative final altitude". That damn' "jumping grass" can really spoil your day. (I hope this translates well from German)

I also did not fly so much lately. Been sick for a while and the weather had not been so nice. I had a nice flying day out at the field last Sunday though where I could take a few nice shots with my camera.

Weather over here this year is just crazy. First the winter would not want to end. then we had a cold April and May full of rain, then the extreme rainfalls and massive flooding in June. last week we've had days with over 100F and very humid - now we're back to the lower 50s with rain again. We just can't seem to get the stable summer weather we are used to.

I guess this is because we have been stirring up the atmosphere to much with our helicopters.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear, I think that's a dumb thumb 'manoeuvre' that most of us have run into. My KDS 550 is back in flying condition after the lipo fire, hoping the weather is clearer this weekend to start pushing it again.
Znybar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hawaii ... helicopters ... Hawaii helicopters .... Hawaii wins.... Heck you could have taken that 450c with you to Hawaii.... Yah and that jumping grass can be a real bummer.... sorry to hear about the crash......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in