Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My Frenzy 90 E-conversion is complete

I have been working on this E conversion for a while and the results are amazing. Most of the parts came from hobbyking which kept the price super low. One can be built for half the price of any othe 700e. I machined the motor mounts out of T6 and made a lower frame stiffiner.

Flying weight 13.5 lbs. (measured with a cheap fishing scale)
Motor- Scorpion 4035-400
Pinion- 10t
Batteries 2X Turnigy 6s 500mah to make 12s
Endurance- 5 min = 1650mah (still braking in Batteries; expect 7 or 8 min.
Watts in hover- 1000
Watts in hover lifting 4.5 lbs of camera gear- 1170
Headspeed at flat throttle curve at 85% = 1650 with 693 mm blades

I built this as a Utility Helicopter for Ariel Photography. It is ridiculously powerful. Brushless motors are amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1633.jpg
Views:	789
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	186862  
msmit001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats sweet. man i really want to convert my js .90 to electric. might be my winter project. that is if i can find the parts to do it.
blazemob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, could you give us more photos of your heli?
Nice job!!!
Kosmo! is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2010, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here is a little update to my project:
I have completed breaking in my 2 sets of 6s 5000mah batteries and am now getting 12 minutes for 3000mah of OGE hover at 13.5 lbs (4 lbs of that is batteries.
The 4035 400kv scorpion motor has proven to be a good choice for this application. It runs cool and is very efficient. The motor makes good power but not for whacky 3D. When lifting 5 lbs of camera gear there is only 150 more watts than in flying slick. This is the cheapest I could get up into 700e bird and I am very pleased with the results.

I can make the Motor mount and frame stiffener. It would be a 4 piece kit with the appropriate hardware. All of the machining is done in my garage on a Shoptask Elderado with 3 axis Digital Readouts. It is not a CNC machine so it takes me several hours to make a kit. I would make the kit for eighty dollars so that I can get my time that I put into making it out of it. The kit would not include any battery mounting solutions. When the Nitro motor and Wet fuel cell are removed there are two huge spaces to mount batteries in the frame. My two huge 6s 5000mah batteries will fit in the front or back. I use a piece of bass wood and simple Velcro strap for mine, but if I were to 3D it I would definitely build something a little more robust to secure the batteries. If you want to build one for 3D I suggest you get more motor than I did. If you do choose to use a different motor than I did, you will have to let me know because the mounting holes may be different. For AP or some other utility purpose I think that 400kv is perfect.
If you want to do the 4035 400 then you will need to get it with the 6mm shaft so that you can run a 10t pinion. What ever route with motors you go you need it to have a 6mm output shaft with at least 34mm hanging out the output side so that it will make it to the starter shaft bearing. You just install the starter shaft bearing block inverted so that it is closer to the motor.

Thanks for the interest this project has been a lot of fun. If anyone has any questions about it don’t hesitate to post. I have an EagleTree with motor rpm and temp so I have lots of data.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	191816   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0401.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	191817  
Old 12-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

i would be very interested in purchasing a kit from you sir and the pics you posted are greatly appreciated
blazemob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Goodmorning blazemob,

Unfortanately I wont be making anything else on my machine until late March. I have been reconfiguring my shop and upgrading my machine, a project that has become much larger than anticipated. Sorry for any inconvenience. Let me know if you are still interested in the early spring.

Thanks for the interest,
Mark
Old 03-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation I would LOVE one of your kits!

Thank you for offering this electric motor mount as a kit. I would love to purchase one for a scorpion HK-5020-520KV. I was wondering if this motor would be too large in diameter for the mounting system?
2manytoys is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

[Q

Thanks for the interest this project has been a lot of fun. If anyone has any questions about it don’t hesitate to post. I have an EagleTree with motor rpm and temp so I have lots of data.

Mark[/QUOTE]
hi actually i have a only kit of this fernzy .50 nitro buy i want make electric, plase if you have drawings bace for electric motor) ,pictures, and some informtaion. can you send me that information for work in my project
I have some experience working with electric helicopters,
Thank you.
diaz306 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in