Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bling, Mods, and Upgrades for the V90

Ok guys lets here what you are throwing on your bird to tweak it out!

fo me:
V90 canopy condum (in outrage orange)
red wire braid
red Dubro fuel tubing
Push Glow ignitor
tail boom support brace (carbon fiber)
blade halos (club rule- no helis without halos!)
red anodized alum servo wheels...not Quick UK

hehe luv the emoticon selection here

D
devens is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here is a RC Booya mod I am draging in here. I may do it if RC Booya doesn't make a V90 mount soon.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=244924
Old 09-29-2010, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Metal servo horns are a bad idea.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
Metal servo horns are a bad idea.
you forgot the IMO part. also off topic, also not contributing to the thread. geeze
Old 09-29-2010, 09:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

You will be thanking me the first time you donk it and your plastic horns dont cause the entire servo to be ripped apart
Old 09-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

as if this is my first heli and my first servo with a metal horn and as if I have never crashed before.

haha doubt it

except the crash part..I've never crashed

What do you have to add to the thread HFG?
Old 09-29-2010, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

devens,

your setup sounds top-notch to me. I am thinking something along the same lines as you. Maybe some orange anonized alum main blades for me, not sure yet what brand
3Dmuse is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is a blade halo?? And ya might want to listen to HFG...he knows a little from what I have heard.
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbill242000 View Post
What is a blade halo?? And ya might want to listen to HFG...he knows a little from what I have heard.
well some day you will have enough personal experience that you wont have to rely on others. Although I am always willing to listen and form my own opinion.

fact is I have been using metal servo arms for a few years. I have had my share of crashes and never even damaged a servo let alone explode one! I am sure it has happened and thanks for jinxing me. I have seen plenty of craze stuff with helis. Another fact is if you can afford several heli worth thousands of dollars each why cry if you "explode" a $100 servo?

TOO KEEP ON TOPIC hint

I forgot to mention a header tank. Not sure how I am going to mount it yet. I think I would like it on the opposite side from the main tank outlet.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 90 has a huge tank, not sure why you'd want to try and add one, but what ever floats your boat, Steven at full 3D gets more time on his 90's, besides he just loves to pump that green pimp juice back in

As far as me having knowledge with this stuff, let's just say I built and flew a GMP cricket and a Cobra if that shows my age in the hobby, not to mention Charlie lived just 10 miles from me for years while he, Steven my son and his son Austin did allot of the Vel 50 and Vel 90 prototyping, I've put a few of them together

oh let's see back on topic...

if you take the time with the plastic radio tray removed you can neatly get all your wires tucked in behind the tray and won't need to add the bulk of wire braid which makes it a real PITA to tuck inside the frames, Charley designed enough room so you get a nice clean install and no worries about wire chaffing, nothing needs to be run outside the frames.
Foxden is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by devens View Post
well some day you will have enough personal experience that you wont have to rely on others. Although I am always willing to listen and form my own opinion.

fact is I have been using metal servo arms for a few years. I have had my share of crashes and never even damaged a servo let alone explode one! I am sure it has happened and thanks for jinxing me. I have seen plenty of craze stuff with helis. Another fact is if you can afford several heli worth thousands of dollars each why cry if you "explode" a $100 servo?

TOO KEEP ON TOPIC hint

I forgot to mention a header tank. Not sure how I am going to mount it yet. I think I would like it on the opposite side from the main tank outlet.
Any chance you might want to answer my question?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbill242000 View Post
Any chance you might want to answer my question?
Hey Bill,

I'll certainly take a stab that is is probably the holographic shinny blade material covering, seems a bit stange that a club would force you to put that on your blades if in fact that is what it is, a friend stuck the holo tape from his Rotortech blades on and it peeled a tiny bit took a while to figure out what was causing the squeal, I tore the predator down and replaced bearings and thought that was the cause, I think it was Rodney that loaned the kid a set of blades and we finally looked closely at his blades and found it.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was just wondering what it might be. Thanks Clyde!
Old 09-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Sorry, I will have to remember to not try and help you out in the future, peace out.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFG View Post
Sorry, I will have to remember to not try and help you out in the future, peace out.
Its about time you learned that!
lookin for another Vibe 50
invertmast is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bling, Mods, and Upgrades for the V90

Bling, Mods, and Upgrades for the V90 ?

well i have
1 the blue metal servo horns -
2 gonna get some tail booms painted for me-(andonized)
3 buying 2 canopies -fin sets- to get a custom paint scheme
4 trying to resist the orange landing gear hanging in the closet
5 looking for a better canopy mount system
Old 09-30-2010, 07:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you 2 reps or anti reps. I may have a V90 for sale depending on the response I get from Outrage!

D
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by devens View Post
Are you 2 reps or anti reps. I may have a V90 for sale depending on the response I get from Outrage!

D
Trying to save you some time and aggravation installing wire braid on the servo's to later discover you can't fit it all tucked in behind the radio tray in the frame, this isn't my first rodeo, early on I put wire braid on all my servo's with heat shrink and had two leads get pulled out of the receiver from the additional weight only to cause a crash, trying to give first had advise because it has happened to me, Steven has already ripped out (6) 8717 servo horns splines on the large white plastic horns, the 8717's have been installed in one of his Vel 50's and his Vel 90 I thought about going to a metal horn but with the torque the 8717's have and already experiencing the plastic stripping I choose to let the plastic be the fuse.

I've build at least 50 Vel 50's and a dozen Vel 90's so I have a pretty good idea of what the snags will be during the build and what can cause problems afterwords, the Vel 90 is my son Steven's favorite heli and we have over 20 in the fleet and half of them are Outrage machines.

So to come out and ask me if I'm an Anti Rep, look at the length of time since I registered here, 2004, and the 2600+ posts, I don't try to BS people and with my son being a Factory Sponsored Pilot I'm privy to assisting with the new equipment and prototype machines long before the public even sees them, just look at my track record.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxden View Post
Trying to save you some time and aggravation installing wire braid on the servo's to later discover you can't fit it all tucked in behind the radio tray in the frame, this isn't my first rodeo, early on I put wire braid on all my servo's with heat shrink and had two leads get pulled out of the receiver from the additional weight only to cause a crash, trying to give first had advise because it has happened to me, Steven has already ripped out (6) 8717 servo horns splines on the large white plastic horns, the 8717's have been installed in one of his Vel 50's and his Vel 90 I thought about going to a metal horn but with the torque the 8717's have and already experiencing the plastic stripping I choose to let the plastic be the fuse.

I've build at least 50 Vel 50's and a dozen Vel 90's so I have a pretty good idea of what the snags will be during the build and what can cause problems afterwords, the Vel 90 is my son Steven's favorite heli and we have over 20 in the fleet and half of them are Outrage machines.

So to come out and ask me if I'm an Anti Rep, look at the length of time since I registered here, 2004, and the 2600+ posts, I don't try to BS people and with my son being a Factory Sponsored Pilot I'm privy to assisting with the new equipment and prototype machines long before the public even sees them, just look at my track record.
Get some!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxden View Post
I've build at least 50 Vel 50's and a dozen Vel 90's
Clyde you know if you built em right the first time you wouldnt have to rebuild it 49 times

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in