Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Master CP

Master CP Walkera Master CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear you got one flying . As far as problem with other one , if pitch is correct and it still will not fly in stunt mode maybe problem is motor related or speed control is seeing a low battery pack voltage from loose connections somewhere and kicking off on low voltage cut off . Just a guess .
5488fletcher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5488fletcher View Post
Glad to hear you got one flying . As far as problem with other one , if pitch is correct and it still will not fly in stunt mode maybe problem is motor related or speed control is seeing a low battery pack voltage from loose connections somewhere and kicking off on low voltage cut off . Just a guess .
I’m now flying with the servos and entire main blade & tail assembly from the “not lifting off” heli. I'm going to start replacing one electronic component at a time; I’ll start with the motor. Now that I have something that flys to compare it to there's no question that the blades are not spinning at full speed. I've rebuilt this heli from scratch two times this week; I'm getting pretty good at it and it's helping me to be aware of every components proper placement.
ticojon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Barry,

Still not had a chance to fly the Heli because of the Weather over here.

Can you tell me why my Pitch TRAVAD is so low at 33 % High and Low Stick ?

On settings pages for the Master CP they have it about 65% to 75%.

If I do this on my setup the servos go way out and have about 20 degree pitch High and Low or something like that.

Is it because of the Emax servos I have in or something.

Currently im at 10 Degree Low stick and High stick at -100% - +100% Pitch Curve. Or when im at -35% - 100% im about 3 degree Low and 10 degree High.

Thanks

Kevin
kevtucker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtucker View Post
Hi Barry,

Still not had a chance to fly the Heli because of the Weather over here.

Can you tell me why my Pitch TRAVAD is so low at 33 % High and Low Stick ?

On settings pages for the Master CP they have it about 65% to 75%.

If I do this on my setup the servos go way out and have about 20 degree pitch High and Low or something like that.

Is it because of the Emax servos I have in or something.

Currently im at 10 Degree Low stick and High stick at -100% - +100% Pitch Curve. Or when im at -35% - 100% im about 3 degree Low and 10 degree High.

Thanks

Kevin
It sounds like your to far out on the servo horn holes . With my hitec 5055 servos i went with the closest holes from center . The further out from center the more travel you get which causes you to have to run lower travadj numbers . I dont know if it maters with walkera but i do know that skookum and futaba flybarless units it does . If i had to guess such a low travadj will effect gyro ability .
Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtucker View Post
Hi Barry,

I've just put your settings into a slot on my Devo-7 and that throws my arms down looking like the photo.

So should I leave these settings in and reset my Servo arms to level 90 Degrees and level the Swashplate again at Mid Stick ?

With these settings I have 60% Throttle showing at Mid-Stick is this correct ? That is because of the 60% Throttle setting in the THCRV am I right ?

Kevin
I went back and looked at your servo picks and if you can go in one hole on each servo with out binding against servo case do so . If you do this and you still have low travadj numbers than your emax servos have more travel possible .
Old 03-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Barry

That's my problem !

I have got the arms on that came with the Emax servos and I've just put my old Walkera side by side and see the difference in the size. I have the rods in the middle now on the Emax but it looks like they should be in the first hole from servo. That should higher Swashplate more I didn't notice too the links are not straight as they would be with the Walkera arms.

Going to change them to the first hole then see what that's like.

Kevin
Old 04-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well finally got a chance to test the Heli out today and very good success with it

Using Training Gear got it in the Air and its very stable. First time I got it hovering good.

Was just practising Up and Down and keeping a steady hover and thought it was quite easy.

Set the Pitch curve to -15% %50 and %100. TRAVAD is at 50% Low and High so nearly same as yours Barry

Thanks for your help.

Off to Football then back to run 2 Batteries down

Kevin
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your welcome
Old 04-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Going to try my Pitch Curve at -15% 0% 100% today see what a difference that makes.

Need to stop slamming the Throttle down to land though. I've picked that up from my V911 I think.

Kevin
Old 04-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticojon View Post
I’m now flying with the servos and entire main blade & tail assembly from the “not lifting off” heli. I'm going to start replacing one electronic component at a time; I’ll start with the motor. Now that I have something that flys to compare it to there's no question that the blades are not spinning at full speed. I've rebuilt this heli from scratch two times this week; I'm getting pretty good at it and it's helping me to be aware of every components proper placement.
I've been hovering/flying my Master CP quite a bit. I noticed the motor started making some unfamiliar extra noises. I pulled it out and it looks like the bushing is wearing out. The shaft/pole of the motor has some movement to it. Anyhow I decided to install the motor from my other Master CP (the one that wouldn't lift off). Maybe it’s coincidence but I can no longer lift off. I ordered another motor last night. I’d be 100% sure that I found the problem except that I did also change a blade grip. I read that these motors are strong but overheat easily. I think there’s a heatsink available for the v400d02 which uses the same 380 size motor.
ticojon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walkera motors are crap and overheat and quite easily . I would let heli cool between flights even if your brushless on the main . The tail motor to me is more of a problem because if it quits in flight it is dangerous . If the main has problems it either doesn't lift or falls in flight .
Old 07-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo horn related to Gyro???

Sorry to hijacked this thread, was reading through all pages here while setting up mine. I notice some strange occurrence and I’m not sure whether is it normal so please advice. I change all servo to metal geared ones and adjusted everything perfect… swash plate level, servo horn at 90 depreed in Mid Stick etc etc etc but somehow… once I re-adjust the dial in the receiver for Elev and Aile the servo horn angle moved (at mid stick)!!! And I have to use TRAVADJ on TX to re-set it to 90 degree again at mid stick again.

Everytime I make adjustment on the ELEV & AILE dial in the RX I have to re-adjust my servo horn in order to get my swash plate level (at Mid-Stick). Is it normal or do I have a faulty RX. I had not fly it yet since I change my servo and notice this funny thing. Before that I have not any crash and did not adjust anything.

Please advice and thanks in advance
stonely is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2013, 08:42 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonely View Post
Sorry to hijacked this thread, was reading through all pages here while setting up mine. I notice some strange occurrence and I’m not sure whether is it normal so please advice. I change all servo to metal geared ones and adjusted everything perfect… swash plate level, servo horn at 90 depreed in Mid Stick etc etc etc but somehow… once I re-adjust the dial in the receiver for Elev and Aile the servo horn angle moved (at mid stick)!!! And I have to use TRAVADJ on TX to re-set it to 90 degree again at mid stick again.

Everytime I make adjustment on the ELEV & AILE dial in the RX I have to re-adjust my servo horn in order to get my swash plate level (at Mid-Stick). Is it normal or do I have a faulty RX. I had not fly it yet since I change my servo and notice this funny thing. Before that I have not any crash and did not adjust anything.

Please advice and thanks in advance
It sounds to me that your pitch curve was not linear when you set up the servos and head . Go it to pitch curve and set( L= -100) ( M = 0) ( H = +100) . Next put throttle stick at center position and your servo arms should be at 90 deg .
Old 07-02-2013, 11:01 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well… I tried that but the problem seems to be more than this. I had dismantle all servo, servo horn, ball link and anything that connects to the rotor head. Re-set my model in my TX and start from scratch a few times. I always got it right, 90 degree at mid stick, swash plate level… all is fine but once I change the dial for the build in Gyro in the RX for the Elev and Aile my swash plate, servo horn position all goes out and I have to re-set again.

This goes on forever and I’m going insane soon if I continue. I mean it don’t make any sense, how can my swashplate, servo position all goes out whenever I adjust the gyro sensitivity dial? This is not how things work on other heli… but then again, my other heli does not have its Gyro build into the RX to begin with…

Is this normal for Master CP or I have a faulty RX/Gyro?
stonely is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tested what my master does when the pots on receiver are changed and my arms stayed at 90 regardless of where the pots were set . Im using hitec 5055 servos in mine , if your using the walkera servos maybe thats why . Are you adjusting the pot closest to front of heli ? This is the servo ext for cylic movement .
Old 08-14-2014, 10:24 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool Setting blade pitch (Master CP)

Everything was going good, I leveled my swash plate and the swash movement was perfect through low stick to high stick and all positions of the cyclic. Now when I set the blade pitch to the proper %s when I go to mid stick the swash banks left hard, (Pitch Servo arm way up)
What could be making it do this?
topcat1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
master cp take off

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in