Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #281 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

so i tried the center slider thing on both the g370 and g770, both had massive amounts of tail drift.
needless to say, i went back to a working rate mode setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM   #282 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi Mr Bob. i hope you have funny days. i am a master student of PWUT university in Iran and my course is control engineering. Recently we are working to build a quad rotor. My mentor bought a G770 gyro for using. but there is not any servo with this. i want run it in laboratory alone. but i dont know anything about it. i heared i should give pulse signal in input and get it in output with another pulse with different duty cycle is it true? can you help me? can i work without servo?
thanks for your attention
best regards
my mail:yaser_shokri1206@yahoo.com
yasersk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM   #283 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I am not sure what your asking?

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #284 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear Sir

We have a gyro without any servo. we need to measure an angle (angle of surface of a table with the surface of earth namely altitude). we don't want to move the table. can we do this work with the gyros without servo? could you help us? what should we do? does servo have any role in measuring the angle?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #285 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yaser, I am sorry but I still do not understand what you are asking? A gyro detects YAW and when it does it sends a signal to the servo to move the tail the opposite direction of the movement the gyro detected. I do not think you can measure an angle with a a gyro as once the gyro stops moving it stops sending a correction signal to the servo.

Bob
Old 04-16-2011, 05:42 PM   #286 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are other devices that do what you want, by your example...a digital inclinometer. Those are specifically designed to measure angle and some will give you a result that can be accessed via computer.

I would go into the off topic forum and ask your question in the form of a project description. Then ask what gyro to use or if not gyro what device would be suggested.

One thing that may help is to read the Gyro 101 thread that was created here. Can't find the link now but it gave an indepth explanation of the functioning of modern gyros...think capi started it.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #287 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi
Thanks for yours attention
i learn some useful thinks from yours description but now i have some question if there are possible for you:
why a Gyro is used with a servo? We have bought a Gyro without any servo. can we use the Gyro to measure the angle of a rotating plate? is there any necessity to have the servo with Gyro? also please explain about the output signal of the Gyro. is it a continuous voltage or current? or is it a PWM signal? and anything else about the output signal?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #288 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

It's clear your not into helis at all

The tail servo controls the tail of a helicopter called Yaw. Heli pilots have a radio control box with a rudder (yaw control) stick. Moving the stick left moves the tail servo and thus makes the heli rotate left. Moving the stick right moves the servo and thus makes the heli rotate right.

There is a gyro between the radio receiver and the tail servo. This is to assist the pilot in holding the tail of the heli in one spot without the pilot having to move the stick. For instance in wind. If there was no gyro the wind would blow the helicopters tall back and forth and the pilot would have to manually compensate. The gyro senses this movement in yaw and automatically moves the tail servo to correct for unwanted movement. If there is no unwanted movement the gyro will not correct and thus not move the tail servo.

So because the gyro ONLY outputs a signal to the tail servo when it senses movement, it will not "read angles" in a static position. I am afraid this will not do what your looking for it to do without serious modifications and probably software changes.

Bob
Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 AM   #289 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help

Hi bob. Thanks for your attention. My problem with gyro is basically. In laboratory I give power with 5v in side that we should connect radio receiver. And I can saw this voltage in the other side that we should connect servo. In thread line in this side that I think is our output line I can saw pulse signal with 50% duty cycle. I think moving gyro should change this pulse signal and we can guess by that side and angle gyro is moving. But this movement dont have any change in output pulse and I don’t know why. Can you help me in this problem?
Thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #290 (permalink)
Registered Users

Though your using the 770 gyro, in your case any servo would serve the same purpose. There are several threads that address what you're asking...just need to look, this isn't a 770 issue. Please open a thread in the appropriate forum...guessing off topic or main forum.

Trying to get the info you're asking for here is like going to the Ford showroom and asking a salesman "I have an engine from an F-150 and I need to know if it will work on my boat". His response might be "you need to talk to a mechanic"

Hope this isn't offensive, just want you to get the info that can help.
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #291 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob, A++ for the Pro explanations of JR radio systems, In my opinion your a major asset to helifreak... , as a nube to helis and r/c gyros, I have saved most of your vids on the g770/x9303 and gyros 101... and can say Truely.. Thank You! I'm sure you have saved my rex 600 and possibly me from damage and hours of me ... , Marshall
Xyarddog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2018, 07:59 AM   #292 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G770T gone crazy?

Hi,

After 2 years I cleaned the duster of my helis and I am trying to get back to the hobby. My pride and joy, a Logo 500 3D stretched to fit in a Augusta A109 for T-rex 600, it doesn't seem right. The tail blades jitter madly. I remember that the servo in the ground was always making a noise, but worked flawlessly in the air and I don't remember to be as bad as it is now. What might be the cause? How do I fix it? ATV 140% (Futaba), DR 85%, Exp 50%. Travel adjusted on the Gyro and not binding in the extremes.I have uploaded a video to facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/joaquim.j.f...6603414782094/

Thanks in advance for you help!
And being a silent reader for many, many years I would like to take advantage of this post to thank you dearly for all your videos and tips!
Joaquim
TowPilot likes this.
JFonseca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
101, dual rates, expo, g770, gyro, gyro setup, jr g770, video, videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in