Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderlord View Post
Second, he is working with the original ZYX, not the -S I have.
Could the bank be a facility only on the earlier model?
I believe, ZYX and ZYX-S is the same. The difference is, the S support S-Bus.

Are you using ZYX software or John NZ (whatever the name is, I forgot)?
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 12:20 PM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi pinguin, welcome to the discussion.
I have John NZ's software for the ZYX-S and also Tarot software for the S2 (long story).
Neither has a setting for 'banking'.
Looking at the vid wickedclown posted, I notice that the guy was using a ZYX with software level 3.0.
On another forum, someone posted that he had the same problem as mine when he upgraded to 4.02.
Still of the opinion that it is a software glitch, but I am not going to try any software updates until I absolutely have to.
I have a love/hate relationship with computers. I love them, they hate me.
Unless I can get hold of a dummies guide to updating software, not going there.
wickedclown.
I notice you have both the ZYX and the S2 version. What's your thoughts on the S2?
Reason I ask is, some time ago I ordered an -S from a chinese supplier. He sent me an S2 by 'mistake' so he says. I have my doubts.
Anyway, after much argument he gave me a refund of part of the cost, and I agreed to keep the S2.
I read in another forum about many issues with the S2, but they seem mostly concerned with using 2.4g, binding, sat receivers etc.
I am on boring old 35Mhz, do you think I will have any problems?
Have to say, once the wind dies down enough for some more testing, I might find that this control interaction is not such a problem as it is now.
Probably decide just to live with it, we'll see.

Cheers

BL
Borderlord is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

i love the s2 it only accepts 1520us servos

and what do you have that is 35Mhz ?

i would not trade my s2 for a beastx or the new align gpro gyro

i would trade my s2 for a spartan

cash id want 150 bucks for my s2 its not for sale i love it

tarot zyx-s2 trex 450 pro Dominator 3s freestyle 3D =WC= STYLE (3 min 53 sec)

and ill make a better video that you hopefully can understand better about banking in 1 hr
Old 08-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi wickedclown.

I gather you rather like the S2, then,lol.
Actually that's good news. The one I have is destined for a HK500GT which flies so well in FB form I'd hate to risk spoiling it.
As I understand it, 1520us only means it's a standard digital. Have to go top end to get 760us or 960us.
Can't afford those yet, and my flying skills do not justify them anyway.
Cheapskate, moi?
Currently, my fleet runs on a JR 2720 synthesised transmitter and RS77S receivers, also synthesised.
With the advent of 2.4g, 35Mhz gear is getting cheaper, and I have yet to find a transmitter with better and smoother sticks than my JR.
If you're interested, with the reports of issues with the S2, some places are selling them off cheap.
Here's just one example

http://www.banggood.com/Tarot-ZYX-S2...k-p-91613.html

Thanks for the offer of the vid on banking, but I don't think it's necessary. I have no banking facilities on either of my softwares, and TBH can't imagine ever needing it.
Still of the opinion my problem is a software glitch.

Cheers

BL
Old 08-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #545 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderlord View Post
Hi wickedclown.

I gather you rather like the S2, then,lol.
Actually that's good news. The one I have is destined for a HK500GT which flies so well in FB form I'd hate to risk spoiling it.
As I understand it, 1520us only means it's a standard digital. Have to go top end to get 760us or 960us.
Can't afford those yet, and my flying skills do not justify them anyway.
Cheapskate, moi?
Currently, my fleet runs on a JR 2720 synthesised transmitter and RS77S receivers, also synthesised.
With the advent of 2.4g, 35Mhz gear is getting cheaper, and I have yet to find a transmitter with better and smoother sticks than my JR.
If you're interested, with the reports of issues with the S2, some places are selling them off cheap.
Here's just one example

http://www.banggood.com/Tarot-ZYX-S2...k-p-91613.html

Thanks for the offer of the vid on banking, but I don't think it's necessary. I have no banking facilities on either of my softwares, and TBH can't imagine ever needing it.
Still of the opinion my problem is a software glitch.

Cheers

BL
sweet price still i love my s2 so much if someone wanted mine $150 bucks cause its not for sale

what servos are you using now ?
and theis is the best bang for the buck servo for the s2 for a 450 size http://www.ebay.com/itm/Promotion-3P...3D121320393034
Old 08-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow thats dedication. My zyx-s is getting the can. Going vbar. The tail is just not good enough.

That is likely because I have trouble tuning it. But I find the vbar infinitely easier to setup and tune
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmtyndall View Post
Wow thats dedication. My zyx-s is getting the can. Going vbar. The tail is just not good enough.

That is likely because I have trouble tuning it. But I find the vbar infinitely easier to setup and tune
what tail servo are you using ? i could not get my tails locked in until i went with the ds520 tail servo
Old 08-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tgy306 on the tail right now. Comparing specs the 306 should best the 520. Bought a vbar and a ds95i
jmtyndall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 11:09 AM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

Borderlord,
If you are using John NZ software, the condition/bank is on the main screen, righ top corner, above the connect button. To activate the Aux switch, go to the advance screen. Select switch condition.

To fix the problem, you might want to try downgrade the firmware on your ZYX-s.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:01 PM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All

Pinguin
I am using John NZ software, level V1.16.
I have nothing above the connect lights, and the advance screen shows nothing in the way of condition switching. Might be a wild goose chase on that one.

Meanwhile, the thot plickens.

Two things

Had some more test flights. Tail in Rate mode almost there, just a little correction still to do. However, good enough to risk switching Rate to HH in flight. Result, total anticlimax. Tilted back a bit, but I was ready for it, and a stab of forward took care of that. Didn't try it, but my guess is it would self correct pretty quickly without my interference.
Bear in mind this was with 60% reduction on the cyclics, and lower than normal H/S, so I was about to call it 'case closed' and live with it.
However, something odd happened.
There is a flight mode switch on my transmitter which I have disabled, but I thought I would give it one more try and switch flight modes to see if it made any difference.
Plugged it all up, switched gyro gains, lo and behold, no sign of the problem.
Then I realised the transmitter was still set to my 550GT which I had been flying. Luckily I had throttle hold enabled, so nothing untoward happened, but I am trying to work out what conclusions I can draw
Only thing I can see is the problem might lie in the transmitter, not the fbl unit. Perhaps a corrupted file.
Not at all sure now.
I know it did not have this problem before the crash, but that couldn't have affected the transmitter, could it?
Tempted to call it done and live with it, but this last has put the cat firmly back among the pidgeons.
H-e-l-p

BL
Old 08-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Pinguin

This is now officially driving me crazy.
On the basis it was a transmitter file error, set the model up in a new memory.
Only thing it changed was the swash now tilts back and stays there.
Needed new underwear after the test flight, but at least I got it down in one piece.
Switched back to original memory and at least it returned to level.
BTW, I had John NZ software V1.16. Upgrade that to V1.23, and there were the flight condition controls you all were talking about. Did notice the ability to switch from Rate to HH using the Aux2 switch.
Pardon me, but I already had that.
Anyway, no further forward, but would like to try your idea of downgrading the software to V3.50.
Where can I find this one?
All I can see is the upgrade to V4.02.

Thanks

BL
Old 08-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try this site
http://www.hobbyrover.com/page.html?id=81
Old 08-26-2014, 09:45 PM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help please

I had and setup a ZYX many moons ago on one of my Heli
and now I just got a ZYX s2 for my 600 and I don't seem to remember anything about the setup'
I have read just about all of this thread and things started to come back to me..
So first of Thanks for the great Thread

I cat not seem to find out where to connect the BEC
I think I have the Satellite receiver and ESC correct as per the wiring Diagram in the setup software but there is no mention of a BEC

Please Help
mtfatbass is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 10:34 AM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All

Looks like I have cured the wayward swash after all. Nothing to do with conditions, software level or anything like that.
In fact, probably my own fault.
The model originally flew in FB form, and in setting up, I used sub-trim to get the servo arms exactly level. When I converted to FBL, I left these trims on, on the basis that even FBL needs the servo arms level.
Seems that was my mistake.
I have centred all the sub-trims and used the software to level the swash, and the problem has disappeared.
Only thing I notice now with the heli on the ground, is that if I apply some forward stick, when I switch gyro modes, the swash immediately returns to level.
Really, no biggy, and has no effect if I switch in flight.
So, problem solved.
Many thanks to all who helped, Wickedclown, Dr M and Pinguin.
Much appreciated.

Cheers

BL
Old 08-28-2014, 02:09 AM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you fix it.
It happen all the time, we overlook on something. Feel so stupid when we realize the mistake we did.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have tried all the slots on the ZYX s2

and all I get is a flashing orange light and I can not connect to the PC I was hoping it was because I had to bEC in the wrong port

any thoughts ?
What am I doing wrong ?
Old 08-29-2014, 12:15 AM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi mtfatbass

I am using a ZYX-S but I have a -S2 waiting to be fitted.
Just a couple of thoughts.
I assume you are using a separate bec, yes?
On mine, I have the bec plugged into the receiver, not the FBL unit. Do you have a spare slot on your receiver?
Also, if you are using a separate bec, you must pull the red wire from the esc lead. If not, you get voltage being fed into the system from two different sources, which can mess up the electrics.
Not sure if this is the cause, but worth a try.

Hope it helps

BL
Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 PM   #558 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes I am using a separate BEC
My ESC is a 120A.and dose not have a bec built in

Also I have a satellite connected to the Zyx s2 and I am not using a receiver..
Old 08-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #559 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't believe it's the BEC connection.anymore
I took out the satellite and put on a receiver and hooked it up in the conventional way..
I now have a solid blue light but noticed that I can still not connect it to my PC..I downloaded and installed the USB Windows 7 driver as I have windows 7 and can still not get connected any suggestions is very appreciated thank you
Old 10-13-2014, 02:12 PM   #560 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, me again.
Don't know what it is with me and fbl systems, but I am beginning to believe they hate me.
Anyway, here goes.
Got a ZYX-S2 which I am fitting to a HK500GT. When I power up, I get exactly what I expect. Three lights steady, then three flashing, then steady red or blue depending on gyro switch position.
Downloaded software from Tarot, V1.1. That installed ok, and all seems to be working.
Prepared config file as far as I could, transferred this to the unit. That went ok according to the screen.
All good so far.
The problem is I am getting absolutely no response from the servos.
Before I started I set all the servos to centre, and that's where they have stayed.
I did think maybe there was a wiring problem and the servos were getting no power. However, I manually moved them off-centre and as soon as I powered up, they moved back to centre and stayed there.
Wondered whether I should upgrade something.
The upgrade button links me to the Tarot website, which, unfortunately is in Chinese.
The English site shows no upgrades for the S2 at all.
Does any of this ring any bells with anyone?
Any ideas would be gratefully received. Couple of ounces of Semtex should do the job.
Failing that, your thoughts?
Thanks
Borderlord.

Tags
3gys, 3x-1000, tarot zyx, zyx-s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in