Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quick of Japan

Quick of Japan QJ Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Quick of Japan? Good or Not? Discuss it.

HeliWu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

bump for it...
HeliWu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO, they are very good helis, Not well known as there is a single importer/supplier, but Harold is VERY responsive on parts. No "online" ordering, but once you deal with them, you can email and they will charge the same card and ship the parts. Normally same day shipment via Prority Mail.

I have a QJ EP8v2 EX. A very nice 500 sized heli that was out well before the current crop of 500s.

I keep trying to get a Quick of Japan section here on HF, even as a subforum to the Other Helis section, but so far no luck.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Pinecone, we should try again. I just got my EP8v2 EX and will start building it soon. Ordered mine from Australia, as I didn't know of the US dealer.
Rafier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 07:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very good Heli IMO. The EP8 was one of my first Heli's
J Anderson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

My QJ8 is a nice machine. i like it and trust it enough to fly a camera on it.

Last edited by WillJames; 06-07-2009 at 10:30 AM..
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
PAS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a EP8v2 SP and think it is very underrated. It is all metal and priced reasonably. The quality is very good and it went together with no issues. It also flies very well. Not to knock Helicopter Hobbies but they really need to update their site to allow ordering over the web. I also don't know why QJ does not allow others to sell their products in the US. With a little marketing, I think they could greatly improve recognition and sales!
-Paul
PAS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2009, 07:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Harold got exclusive rights to the brand in the US, after the debacle with QWW.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Old 01-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys, Charles will have a new website soon with online buying. I hope to find some friends here. I am new to getting on the forums. I will be flying the EP8 EX this season. I hope to get all the performance out of it I can.
I know if I can get "Pinecone" started helping me I know I will have all the right info! I hope he is still flying his EX.
quickfighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
PAS
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I also saw that Helicopter Hobbies had been sold.
While I wish the previous owner only the best, I am very excited that Quick of Japan may get the support it deserves.
-Paul
PAS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 03:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I think it is time for a QJ sub forum and then see where it goes.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Paul, thanks for wishing me well. I am hoping the best for my health. I know Charles is going to support and establish himself on RunRyder and the forums. He will be much better than I was for the people. I know he will make every customer happy. He will invest alot more money into HH than I ever had. I am very excited, everytime I talk to him he is telling me about an addon to the business. All he needs now is some good pilots to fly for him. I am getting some help now on the best heli and setup for the auto rotation contests.
HL
Old 01-30-2010, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillJames View Post
I think it is time for a QJ sub forum and then see where it goes.
FINALLY.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Old 01-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am here, but haven't flown the EP8 in a while. I will have to drag it out this spring.

You really need to figure out how to get JimboFlies from RR over here. He is the big QJ guy.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Old 01-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that we really need us a QofJ thread here to on Heli Freak. Thanks Will! Pinecone, I think if we get you to start flying that 8, some of us other people my learn to do some of that flying like you use to tell me about.
I am just learning how to get around here on Heli Freak, ya'll guys help me out if you see I am lost.
Will, maybe we will have a Quick of Japan section soon.
HL
Old 02-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Guys, Charles Pierrre of HH just got an email from Mr. Iyobe of Japan, he wanted Charles address to ship his order. I think I may just fly the EP 9. He must have sent it early in the morning, Charles got it just a while ago.
I think we are going to need some space on Heli Freak! Where is that Heil Freak from Henderson N.C. ? Anyone heard from him?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:34 PM   #17 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I am from right outside of Asheville, NC.

New Forum created. I like my QJ8 and Harold is a nice guy, I have known him a long time.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I looked at them when first starting out. I was impressed by the level of quality. At the time price was the main factor driving my decisions so I passed on it.
Jerry Moore, AMA #878954,TARANIS OpenTX- Pantera 600 FB - Pantera .60 FB - Takes a licking and keeps on kicking! KISSAM = Keep It Simple Stupid: Affordable, Maintainable -
Visit Early and often - http://open-txu.org
Jermo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one memory of one of the fun flies I went to up in N.C. I had a good time talking to the people, I was always around alot of people in a group talking the talk. The one thing I remember about the FF that weekend was when there was a large group of us under a tent and we had been watching the pilots, no one had picked out a really big topic, then:
the 2 guys standing next to me said, "You know who that is over there?, the other guy spoke up with emotion and said, "That is Will James"! I found out your are the Man.
I will never forget that. I would post one of those similey faces over here, but I will learn that later.
I am going to find the QofJ sub forum now.

Thanks For all Your Hard Work !

HL
Old 02-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Harold, it's good to see you! I've been out of the helis for a bit while other matters with the magazines took my attention, but am getting back into them now. My QJ-10 landed out in Utah with James Linder when he was doing the Approach Engineering business and he wanted to see one so he could do adaptations to his kits for them. Before he got finished, he was killed and the kit ended up going with his business stuff to Tim Dawson. I am just finally getting around to having it sent back to me. Tim is trying to find all the parts, etc and we'll see how he does when it arrives.

I'm looking forward to getting it in the air and possibly wrapping a scale body around it of some sort. They are beautiful machines and I hope the business grows. Have the new owner contact me at:
maelectrics@gimlick.com

I'd like to get some info and updates and get something in the column for him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in