Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default If you turn off camera what happens?

Hello

I had my 350QX FPV equipped, worked well for several of flights.
Today it was a bit windy but nothing huge. Took it up it up 25 meters off the ground or somthing then nothing worked. In my googles it went down in a tree I thing (insane huge)

But my question:
When you take FPV googles on and you don't turn the TX on it's just a white and black picture like you have no signal it's flashing black and white allright?

What happens if you have turned on the TX but haven't attatched the wire to the camera.
I tried to find the spot where it went down, and when i look in the googles there it's a grey picture. Steady gry picture. I think maybe the TX is still on, but the camera wire is off. And therby i got signal but no picture. If that is true, I'm whery close to it and it must be in the tree.

I use fatshark googles and fatshark 600 Mw TX

Does anybody know if you can buy a little thing with a sim card or semthing that can send coordinates to a mobilephone or mail or something. I would have that. No on screen display but a single item.

In two and a half hour now it will startsto get dark outside and i hope there is a little bit of battery left so i can see some flashing from the 350qx. If i don't see it I will send another heli with cam up to take footage in the tree top to see it it's there.

Is that right?
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the background of the glasses you have will default to static or blue screen as the xmitter power dissipates. But you may be able to use that as an advange. Try removing the receiver antenna which should drastically shorten your range. Then walk around until you lose the signal. It might help you pin point the area . Goodluck. I lost one for several hours. Camera still xmitting a straight down picture of grass.
Bill
nsscaver1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Okay, thank you.
I went up there now to see after lights but i didn't see anything.
I powered up the googles now I'm just seeing black and white like I have no signal at all at the same place under the tree. So I belive that I'm at the right spot. I will fly another quad or something tomorrow with a cam to see if I'm seeing something up in the tree.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you have a loss of video signal and you last knew you had clear sky above, give it a throttle to climb and then hit RTH. That is what it is there for

TBS Discovery with Naza w/GPS; DX9 radio
Sailingeric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in