Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2016, 11:40 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Sure...right here under the "Fly Your Way" heading at bladehelis.com

http://www.bladehelis.com/250CFX
Yet, they didn't say anything about 4S and the ESC, which is actually what's going to be burnt up first by over voltage. With the motor, they simply got it wrong and it sure wouldn't be the first time. It is the same motor that was in the 300X/CFX and those were always 3S helis. Also note the 3S battery requirement right under the inverted picture without any mention of an optional 4S battery. Think about it. If it were truly 4S capable, then that would be in every link, description, etc and the RTF version would come with one, but it doesn't. Occam's Razor clearly applies here. It is not mysteriously 4S capable. They made a mistake.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016, 11:43 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Here it is ..Thanks Jon!!!

Fly Your Way

"The high-output brushless motor accepts 4S Li-Po batteries to suit mild or wild flying styles. Digital high-speed metal gear cyclic servos add rock-solid flight control"
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope. Try again.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here it is ..Thanks Jon!!!

Fly Your Way

"The high-output brushless motor accepts 4S Li-Po batteries to suit mild or wild flying styles. Digital high-speed metal gear cyclic servos add rock-solid flight control"
Yeah, "motor", not ESC, and even that's debatable. If it's not debatable, then explain why the two other helis that same motor has previously been in were always, and only, 3S helis. But, go ahead. Somebody try it and let us all know how it works out.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Yet, they didn't say anything about 4S and the ESC, which is actually what's going to be burnt up first by over voltage. With the motor, they simply got it wrong and it sure wouldn't be the first time. It is the same motor that was in the 300X/CFX and those were always 3S helis. Also note the 3S battery requirement right under the inverted picture without any mention of an optional 4S battery. Think about it. If it were truly 4S capable, then that would be in every link, description, etc and the RTF version would come with one, but it doesn't. Occam's Razor clearly applies here. It is not mysteriously 4S capable. They made a mistake.
if you are correct...I would urge you to contact them and insist on a clarification...

When the 120S was introduced, they indicated that the BNF came with a DXe...and I pointed it out and it was corrected
Old 09-26-2016, 11:48 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
if you are correct...I would urge you to contact them and insist on a clarification...
They can deal with it if/when they get a bunch of burnt up stuff back because people went with their 4S claim using an ESC and/or motor from previous helis which were never rated for more than 3S.

Now, it if does work with 4S, great. But, that will be a getting away with it type situation like guys do with some of the Horizon UMX foamies. For example, people try to run 3S in the 2S UMX Habu jet. Some get away with it and others burn up their boards on the first run. I personally know someone who does just that and it comes down very hot. It's just a matter of time for him.
Old 09-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you guys think it will work with 4s go do it and report back. I for one wouldn't trust it in Blades web descriptions, which they are well-known for putting the wrong stuff up all the time. If it said it everywhere and not just in one indiscreet little spot, I'd be more willing to trust. Also, note that a 4s batt is not listed anywhere under their parts listings, under hop-ups, optionals, nothing. A 4s I would think would possibly require a pinion change as well.

May be doable, but don't think it is a drop-in and go.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2016, 10:47 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have 2 230S's...both stock...

And My 250CFX should be here next Tuesday

From everything I've seen thus far it should be a great addition
Quote:
Hey Jon, keep us posted on how you like it compared to the 230s, your for sure one of the guys here that have plenty of Blade Helie Experience and i value your opinion greatly...
After a bit of confusion with My 250CFX order...and an incorrect product sent...Mine is finally going to be delivered today...

Not sure when I'll be able to test it out...windy today and the near-future forecasts don't give much hope for calm days soon
Old 09-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes i would say get one over the 230S which I also have. The 250 just flys like a big heli, and it can do anything the 230S can but more. Only thing is that it whines in comparison to the 230S its louder.

Spending more time with the Machine I have to say it definately is one of blades best designs. It has rescure, it fly s great, easy to fix! And most of all its Fun!!!!!! If it was Mr. Haley who designed it, I feel I should send him a residual check everytime I fly it because its so fun! It really is that good.

By the way who is the designer of this Heli? I really want to shake his hand, or at least send him a thank you card. Was it James Haley?

best,

jason

Last edited by jasond1979; 09-30-2017 at 12:51 PM..
jasond1979 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond1979 View Post
Yes i would say get one over the 230S which I also have. The 250 just flys like a big heli, and it can do anything the 230S can but more. Only thing is that it whines in comparison to the 230S its louder.
I like mine , seems very solid and have crashed a few times & repaired .. I do like it better than my 230s , yes get one !
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2017, 03:21 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 250cfx is the biggest and best Blade heli I own. Very responsive, good power to weight ratio, very rugged and easy to repair. Great for intermediate flyers like myself. It really helped me improve my flying skills and also has room for me to learn and grow still after a 100 flights. Most dependable Blade product I've owned out of 6.
heinz9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz9 View Post
The 250cfx is the biggest and best Blade heli I own. Very responsive, good power to weight ratio, very rugged and easy to repair. Great for intermediate flyers like myself. It really helped me improve my flying skills and also has room for me to learn and grow still after a 100 flights. Most dependable Blade product I've owned out of 6.
I agree 100% , best of all my Blade products so far. I now fly this bird 0 expo / DR 100% and idle up 2 , been a great heli to try new things I would never try before..
Old 11-23-2017, 12:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I liked it enough to buy two of them, along with the 230s. The 250 has to be my favorite heli as of now & will probably be that for some time.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2017, 08:03 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got in 2 flights today, still one of my Fav of all Blade products i have owned so far..
Old 11-30-2017, 12:22 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Short Answer: YES!

If you don't already have a 230S then the 250CFX was a no brainer.. for me.
I have a 180cfx, 450X and Nano CPX. The 180 is still a little above my skill level and I got tired of spending money to fix it all the time. Sold one 180, but still have the other one which I have rebuilt twice from the ground up. Love the 450 and can fly it decently well, but the 250 with SAFE is perfect for my "in-progress" flight skill. Loving it!
Tande and jasond1979 like this.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have moved up to a 360 cfx & a 360 cfx trio, but the 250 cfx is still my favorite heli to go burn up the sky with.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2018, 05:52 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes , it's still my favorite to try things I wouldn't with my larger helies ...still love this Heli ..
Old 04-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Purchase Ponderings by Bunny

Placed side by side, the 230S and 250 CFX look about the same size! But I want a 250 CFX. 3S 1300's are a popular battery size too...

I know the 250 is a 'parts mashup' of other Helis and (imo) looks a bit odd stock. But it seems to fly quite smooth with all the features, sound, and power i seek for my 'next step up'

I do not know if it will be replaced with a 'Fusion' version. If it is, the price has yet to drop like the Blade 360

The 230S is sweet, but its plastic frame is known to break in hard crashes. Not a quick fix!
I have a 130S so will likely skip the 230S... unless the (used) price is right.

I do admire the 330X but it has, again, a cheap frame & phillips screws. Not a big deal, but i've been in the hobby long enough to appreciate quality materials.
(250 CFX has hex head screws and a CF easy-access frame)

If i had my way, i would buy all three lol. Heck i missed a deal on Ebay for a 250 CFX and a DX6 which sold for $150 i was busy working

I just need to have patience, but sure am eager to spool up something larger, louder, and stupid-faster than my 130S
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2018, 08:53 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm currently having a similar dilemma. I have a 230S with a RKH frame, swash, and some other CF/AL parts. I have built and rebuilt the heck out of this heli. Motor is starting to look a little worse for wear now. However I had the worst crash I have ever had yesterday as a huge gust of wind came up and the heli crashed into what I assume to be a light pole after I lost sight of it (pictures included of the bent blade). And this is the first crash where it was so bad that I actually thought I lost it for awhile... So give me grace please lol.

My CF frame is shattered on one side, AL swashplate actually broke, amongst other broken minor pieces and a nearly shattered fiberglass canopy. It's going to take a complete overhaul and looking like around $150 for new parts, including a $24 canopy.

I've been wanting a 360 CFX trio as these seems much sturdier in the tail boom department, something I've remedied in my 230S with a tail boom support. But I am still flying in stability mode and transitioning in L1. So the 360 might be a bit much for me unless I REALLY bite the bullet and invest in a new DX8 or 9, but the $500 trio, and the extra software for SAFE mode for another $100.

So the 250 CFX might be my saving grace with getting an upgrade from the 230S and it comes with SAFE mode and I think I can continue using my DXE, if I am not mistaken. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So in short, spend $150 to repair my 230S, drop $330 on a 250 CFX and still be able to use most of my spare parts from my 230S, or commit and spend ~$1,000 on the full 360 CFX trio setup and get SAFE installed plus I will have to learn to program do a lot of new learning on how to do the 360CFX.

- Am I going to enjoy the 250 CFX more than the 230S? I am mainly a park or undeveloped land flyer.
- Is the 250 CFX easier to repair and less costly than a RKH 230s? I'm thinking the frame as I have bent the top AL portion of the 230s a few times (picture included of the blue AL frame piece in focal point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunnyshooter223 View Post
Placed side by side, the 230S and 250 CFX look about the same size! But I want a 250 CFX. 3S 1300's are a popular battery size too...

I know the 250 is a 'parts mashup' of other Helis and (imo) looks a bit odd stock. But it seems to fly quite smooth with all the features, sound, and power i seek for my 'next step up'

I do not know if it will be replaced with a 'Fusion' version. If it is, the price has yet to drop like the Blade 360 [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/dontknow.gif[/IMG]

The 230S is sweet, but its plastic frame is known to break in hard crashes. Not a quick fix!
I have a 130S so will likely skip the 230S... unless the (used) price is right.

I do admire the 330X but it has, again, a cheap frame & phillips screws. Not a big deal, but i've been in the hobby long enough to appreciate quality materials.
(250 CFX has hex head screws and a CF easy-access frame)

If i had my way, i would buy all three lol. Heck i missed a deal on Ebay for a 250 CFX and a DX6 which sold for $150 [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/BangHead.gif[/IMG] i was busy working

I just need to have patience, but sure am eager to spool up something larger, louder, and stupid-faster than my 130S [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/headbang.gif[/IMG]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180413_084635_1523627261864.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	742955   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180413_082804_1523627587955.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	742956   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180413_082713_1523627601581.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	742957   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180413_082703_1523627611627.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	742958  
Black mamba 2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black mamba 2011 View Post
I'm currently having a similar dilemma. I have a 230S with a RKH frame, swash, and some other CF/AL parts. I have built and rebuilt the heck out of this heli. Motor is starting to look a little worse for wear now. However I had the worst crash I have ever had yesterday as a huge gust of wind came up and the heli crashed into what I assume to be a light pole after I lost sight of it (pictures included of the bent blade). And this is the first crash where it was so bad that I actually thought I lost it for awhile... So give me grace please lol.

My CF frame is shattered on one side, AL swashplate actually broke, amongst other broken minor pieces and a nearly shattered fiberglass canopy. It's going to take a complete overhaul and looking like around $150 for new parts, including a $24 canopy.

I've been wanting a 360 CFX trio as these seems much sturdier in the tail boom department, something I've remedied in my 230S with a tail boom support. But I am still flying in stability mode and transitioning in L1. So the 360 might be a bit much for me unless I REALLY bite the bullet and invest in a new DX8 or 9, but the $500 trio, and the extra software for SAFE mode for another $100.

So the 250 CFX might be my saving grace with getting an upgrade from the 230S and it comes with SAFE mode and I think I can continue using my DXE, if I am not mistaken. Please correct me if I am wrong.

So in short, spend $150 to repair my 230S, drop $330 on a 250 CFX and still be able to use most of my spare parts from my 230S, or commit and spend ~$1,000 on the full 360 CFX trio setup and get SAFE installed plus I will have to learn to program do a lot of new learning on how to do the 360CFX.

- Am I going to enjoy the 250 CFX more than the 230S? I am mainly a park or undeveloped land flyer.
- Is the 250 CFX easier to repair and less costly than a RKH 230s? I'm thinking the frame as I have bent the top AL portion of the 230s a few times (picture included of the blue AL frame piece in focal point).
I went from a 230S to the 250cfx and do like the way it fly's a lot better , also im not as worried about those hard landings breaking the front of the frame. Very easy to to do mild 3 D and loops & Roles and a lot of the parts are same. I have out grown safe and now and have a 330S that I love, so stable...you would think it has safe, and also no "whine" from tail motor lol. I would be looking that the 360CFX 3S version for $399 rather than the trio, It also is super stable and easy to fly. I would have got it , but at the time they were way more than $10 Difference. ..Also you need to upgrade to a new DX6 at least , You can continue to use your DXE with the 250CFX if you decide to go that way...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in