Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect
START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:08 PM   #101
Lightningrc
Registered Users

Any more news on this
Lightningrc is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #102
Grumpy_Old_Man
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningrc View Post
Any more news on this
What were you hoping for?

Status as I understand it is:
The red TT gears are replacing the black ones. Red gears are advertised as being stronger (claim as yet unproven). Red gears will come in two gearing options:
  1. 104t/22t (1:4.73 ratio) this is same ratio as previous black gears.
  2. 102t/23t ( 1:4.43 ratio)
New 700X kits now ship with option '1' red gears. The slant direction on option '2' is opposite hand (presumably to prevent accidentally mixing of gears?). This 'may' make option '2' more sensitive to mesh adjustment because with the reversed slant torque tends to open up the bevel gear mesh, as opposed to tighten it as was previously the case.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #103
msallua
Registered Users

1) tighten
2) open up

choose your poison
Old 01-17-2017, 02:43 PM   #104
nynextel88
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
What were you hoping for?

Status as I understand it is:
The red TT gears are replacing the black ones. Red gears are advertised as being stronger (claim as yet unproven). Red gears will come in two gearing options:
  1. 104t/22t (1:4.73 ratio) this is same ratio as previous black gears.
  2. 102t/23t ( 1:4.43 ratio)
New 700X kits now ship with option '1' red gears. The slant direction on option '2' is opposite hand (presumably to prevent accidentally mixing of gears?). This 'may' make option '2' more sensitive to mesh adjustment because with the reversed slant torque tends to open up the bevel gear mesh, as opposed to tighten it as was previously the case.
This is correct. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the mesh with the newer gears as I haven't used them yet.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #105
msallua
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynextel88 View Post
This is correct. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the mesh with the newer gears as I haven't used them yet.
I'm testing the newer gears (4:43 ratio)... no play up and down yet... the mesh is OK.

I report in this thread if i detect any issues.
Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM   #106
Lightningrc
Registered Users

Good news , for a long time I will now be checking these gears after every flight as I've took abig hit with mine going in because of this .

I do love Align helicopters but I think the more powerful they make them things will fail .

I know one of the biggest factors in my case was that I was flying in really high winds doing funnels and my nitro and 550 would have blown the tail out from lack of power but this 700x with good lipos keeps on driving
Old Yesterday, 07:41 AM   #107
msallua
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightningrc View Post
Good news , for a long time I will now be checking these gears after every flight as I've took abig hit with mine going in because of this .

I do love Align helicopters but I think the more powerful they make them things will fail .

I know one of the biggest factors in my case was that I was flying in really high winds doing funnels and my nitro and 550 would have blown the tail out from lack of power but this 700x with good lipos keeps on driving
What type or gear are you checking now?

1) 104t/22t (1:4.73 ratio) this is same ratio as previous black gears.
2) 102t/23t ( 1:4.43 ratio)

1) or 2) ?

Thanks in advance
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM   #108
Lightningrc
Registered Users

Still not sure yet which ratio I'm gonner be fitting just not want the tail to let me down again , but I concerned now on the new lower speed they changed the slant direction and people are already saying this is going to cause a problem .
Surely if they were worried about that then they could just have changed the colours and state they must be the same

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.