Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2014, 08:46 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still don't understand how a rc heli-toy is a investment. Its a terrible investment. Fly it till you get bored of it, or crash it. Either of which will happen before the parts supply runs out.
Curt S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the thing for me... I began flying with horizon hobby stuff and as my skills and desire grew so did the available complement of Helis. There customer service was unparalleled, I became a very loyal consumer of Blade and Horizon products. HH worked hard for my business. This black hole they have placed us in does not follow their past practices that hooked me in the first place. In business you can spend 20 years building a great reputation, it can be ruined in far less then twenty. No big deal I can move on. But, this lack of communication is not what I expected. I'm a big boy, if your discontinuing a product let us know. If something new is coming, let us know. Was very surprised to recently see a post by a HH employee here on the forum. So, being a loyal customer, I'm feeling let down.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S View Post
I still don't understand how a rc heli-toy is a investment. Its a terrible investment. Fly it till you get bored of it, or crash it. Either of which will happen before the parts supply runs out.
This investment isn't about a monetary return in so much as it is an attempt at less negative flow. lol The true return is priceless.
Precipitate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-rash View Post
BTW... a toy helicopter isn't an investment......
Is it an investment like stocks or gold that you hope will appreciate over time and you can sell at a profit? Of course not. Only an idiot would equate those two. Is it in an investment of money up front and building time for a possible return of have a great performing, reliable and SUPPORTED heli for a long time that you can enjoy (emotional profit)? Even knowing at the start (and not caring) that you can't resell it even for peanuts? Of course it is. It's an investment paid in advance for future happiness and enjoyment in the hobby. When that potentially comes to a screeching halt WAY too early in the life cycle, well...many people get pissed off...
jadewarrior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 10:25 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precipitate View Post
Nope, I drive a vehicle that is fourteen years old and am damn certain there isn't one part that isn't still available. It is now my new metric for Heli purchases. lol
I have a '99 Honda CR-V (16 years old, purchased in '98) as a back-up/mini-hauler/beater. I can still find every Honda OEM part for it. I know because I maintain it myself and order parts when I need to. Thankfully, it's not too often because, well...it's a Honda...
Old 10-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vebbyson View Post
This black hole they have placed us in does not follow their past practices that hooked me in the first place.
Boy, ain't that the truth. The next "hook/carrot" was always announced and dangling for us on the "Horizon".

Quote:
But, this lack of communication is not what I expected. I'm a big boy, if your discontinuing a product let us know. If something new is coming, let us know. Was very surprised to recently see a post by a HH employee here on the forum.
Exactly. I've posted questions several times regarding the future of the Pro Series on other forums with Blade employees actually active in those threads. And by active, I mean like last post was <2 minutes ago "having a conversation" type active on facebook with multiple responses. Then it's like they go out of their way to avoid it. They'll be happily chatting along about something like, oh, I don't know... Promoting the brand new Blade 180CFX and then *POOF*. They immediately disappear. And by they, I mean the lead Blade heli designer/team pilot, head product support and head marketing/Horizon website guys. I won't name names, but many already know who they are. I point blank asked that always scruffy looking lead designer/team pilot and he actually posted "IDFK" as if that were a viable response. IDFK = I Don't F Know. Yeah, right.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadewarrior View Post
I have a '99 Honda CR-V (16 years old, purchased in '98) as a back-up/mini-hauler/beater. I can still find every Honda OEM part for it. I know because I maintain it myself and order parts when I need to. Thankfully, it's not too often because, well...it's a Honda...
I have a 2002 and it is not my backup. If everything worked as well as my CRV , Life would be easier. Yes, Honda is hard to beat.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
I have a 2002 and it is not my backup. If everything worked as well as my CRV , Life would be easier. Yes, Honda is hard to beat.
Oh, you have a hoity toity 2nd Gen CR-V.

Awesome vehicles.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:03 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand all the points of views, and yes I will be disappointed if the pro line is going away.( It would be a let down). But the way I am looking at it, I got a 550 combo for $700.00 and would have not gotten it if it was still at the original price. I do feel for the guy's that have paid the longer price.But we always do, when there is something new, whether it is a cell phone, car, video game.
I do not at all regret buying my 550x even if it discontinued and will not go out and spend twice as much for something that is not going to fly any better. The Blade Pro quality is great. All of this is about a state of mind. I have owned several Honda automobiles over my life and at one time I felt I needed (wanted) a Acura (Honda's premier line of cars) Well four years later I went back to a Honda because for the extra money the Acura costs, there is no real gain.Just state of mind.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
I do not at all regret buying my 550x even if it discontinued
I don't, either. Nor do I regret buying my 700X. They've been great helis for me, which makes it even a bit sadder/more frustrating that they were discontinued so soon. I get it, though. Sh- happens. However, because of their overtly wanton silence with any info regarding the future of the Pro Series, I'll never buy another one of their large kit type helis, whatever they may be in the future. It could be a SAB/Gaui/Mikado/Henseleit/etc killer and I'd still look elsewhere. Other people have said it before and I'm now beginning to agree. Blade should stick to their roots (450 and smaller) and make the best kick ass helis possible in those size classes, even if they are BNF.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

And did I mention, The 550x,600x and 700x I think are the best looking group of birds. I love Blades canopy design.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Absolutely. I'm certain their silence will only hurt the sales of whatever future "Pro" type helis (if any) do show up in the future. I know I'll never buy another large Blade heli again if something, even some info, doesn't turn up REAL fast. I also have a sneaking suspicion as to why these helis didn't sell well based on overall history even though they're pretty decent helis, but that's a whole 'nuther discussion.
i think you are right. they entered into the larger heli market (550x and up) with what everyone reports to be great helis.
i think they have shot themselves in the foot by pulling out FAR too soon, regardless if a "V2" is on the way or not.
if they had of stuck with those pro models, maybe reduced the price a little, advertised harder and fixed a few of the bugs along the way and continued supporting them, then the pro series would have taken off
Old 10-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Blade should stick to their roots (450 and smaller) and make the best kick ass helis possible in those size classes, even if they are BNF.
i disagree. i think they shouldn't have given up on the pro series so soon, that was their mistake.
for their first run of larger helis it seems like they did pretty well overall, going larger was not their mistake.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:07 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydeity View Post
i think they have shot themselves in the foot by pulling out FAR too soon, regardless if a "V2" is on the way or not.
I think they shot themselves in the foot a long time ago by having quite a checkered history and, therefore, not enough people were willing to take a chance on a large Blade kit heli, especially when there were so many other good options to choose from with good records. In my opinion, that's why they didn't sell all that well and were discontinued after such a short time.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bundydeity View Post
i disagree. i think they shouldn't have given up on the pro series so soon, that was their mistake.
for their first run of larger helis it seems like they did pretty well overall, going larger was not their mistake.
Oh, they should have stuck it out with the Pro Series and I thought I was quite clear on that. However, since they apparently have killed it off, they should stick with smaller helis NOW. If they try to introduce another new line of "super helis", it might be even more disastrous for them than the first time. See post above as to why and now throw the disappointment of what they did to the people who currently own their best and most expensive helis ever on top of that. Even people who never bought one can clearly see that and will be rightfully wary.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade

I am not too worried about the pro line, if they continue with a v2, or not. For me it will all come down to parts support. If they keep the parts available for years to come, then great. If the parts dry up quickly so I can't fly my 600x after the first crash, I too will never purchase another Heli from Blade. They can change the kits every year if they want, so long as they follow up with the parts support. This has me worried, as most LHS don't seem to have much of any parts for the 500 or larger birds now, and some parts are already showing as out of stock.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

lets hope for something new

Last edited by raptard003; 11-07-2014 at 02:18 PM.. Reason: im lysdexic
raptard003 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My real issue here is the lack of info from them. They are here.. they all know we are. All they have to say is - we have versions coming OR move on and find another large bird to buy if you want one.

Very very disappointed in the lack of info for NO reason.

So BLADE team why no info? I mean we didn't think this was some secret squirrel stuff nobody can find out about?

If I am in the market for a large heli do we NOT use you guys anymore? Just asking...
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
My real issue here is the lack of info from them. They are here.. they all know we are. All they have to say is - we have versions coming OR move on and find another large bird to buy if you want one.

Very very disappointed in the lack of info for NO reason.

So BLADE team why no info? I mean we didn't think this was some secret squirrel stuff nobody can find out about?

If I am in the market for a large heli do we NOT use you guys anymore? Just asking...
And, it's not even just the large helis. They put out a couple of tidbits about some new carbon fiber framed 450 and that had to be at least a year ago. Probably longer. Then absolutely nothing...not even a peep... I got tired of waiting and went with a Gaui X3 instead.

It seems strange that they're pretty much forcing people to seek out other bands once they get past the BNF stage and actually want to build a real "hobby grade" heli and not have to buy electronics they don't want. Who knows, maybe Blade just wants to go back to the old days when they just catered to newbs and sport flyers. The Pro Series was a big and risky venture for them and it appears to have failed very quickly. The sad thing is I get the feeling that the actual Blade guys like James Haley and Brian James would probably love to have all sorts of Pro Series type offerings, but the bean counters in accounting will always win. Horizon has a bottom line and there's no getting around it. Oh well, I'll just chalk it up to "lesson learned". That means, "Hello Gaui, Align, SAB, etc!"
Old 11-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep makes no sense.... 380 Goblin looks wicked and really not bad in cost for what it is... but at this rate HH is going to lose even its most loyal fanbase.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in