Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

i never had any issues i have a 10CGH radio and the gy 520 manual calls for 40% on idle 1 and 2 due to the fact of the headspeed. for normal mode they call for 70%. so i went ahead and lowered mine to 35% on AVCS mode and its perfect. more headspeed lower the gain i assume. lastly i just added 2mm foam only. instead on the 2mm foam then plate then 2mm foam again. so i decided just to put the 2mm foam and it works great.

then again i don't do hard 3D. i do mild inverts..etc.
HeLiJerSey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2009, 08:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL you guys aren't going to believe this. I was flying with a BLS253 on the tail by mistake !!:o It was in a BLS251 box, but the servo says BLS253 which is a cyclic servo!! No wonder I was having so many problems. I will report back once I get the right servo in there. Unbelievable.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea I have an issue!

When I bought it - I paid 200 for it, now they sell it for 130.. sheesh!

A horse is a sphere if it makes the numbers easier
Ring Leader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2009, 08:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd View Post
LOL you guys aren't going to believe this. I was flying with a BLS253 on the tail by mistake !!:o It was in a BLS251 box, but the servo says BLS253 which is a cyclic servo!! No wonder I was having so many problems. I will report back once I get the right servo in there. Unbelievable.

im glad you resolved your issue. hopefully you didnt damage anything. you must of foreseen the bls251. the bls251 is goldish color. the bls 253s are black servo case.
well all we can say is we are glad you found your issue!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiJerSey View Post
im glad you resolved your issue. hopefully you didnt damage anything. you must of foreseen the bls251. the bls251 is goldish color. the bls 253s are black servo case.
well all we can say is we are glad you found your issue!!!

Yes I have no excuse!!, it is a black case, and I know the 251 is gold, i have one on my 400. I can't believe I didn't notice it until tonight!! The 253 servo seems to still work ok. I will put it on my next heli (I'll have to get two more now, lol).

I was starting to think you guys were all paid shills, because my 520 was so bad. LOL a cyclic servo no wonder.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:27 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes I have no excuse!!, it is a black case, and I know the 251 is gold, i have one on my 400. I can't believe I didn't notice it until tonight!! The 253 servo seems to still work ok. I will put it on my next heli (I'll have to get two more now, lol).

I was starting to think you guys were all paid shills, because my 520 was so bad. LOL a cyclic servo no wonder.
as long as you notice as most importantly resolve your issue that is great!!
we are all human nobody is perfect.
lots of luck..
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 760us puls

Quote:

Are you saying that BLS 253 has identical puls widht as BLS251 which is 760us at up to 560 Hz ?
That is quite odd because according to my info, BLS 253 has a puls widthof 1520 us.
With 1520 us, and set up for BLS 251, the servo will never move.
R.Lim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2009, 07:57 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lim View Post
Are you saying that BLS 253 has identical puls widht as BLS251 which is 760us at up to 560 Hz ?
That is quite odd because according to my info, BLS 253 has a puls widthof 1520 us.
With 1520 us, and set up for BLS 251, the servo will never move.

I had it on 1520. A double senior moment. I looked up the pulse width for a 253 when I saw the number on the servo, forgetting that I wanted a 251 on there. It took awhile for it to click in my head.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Leader View Post
Yea I have an issue!

When I bought it - I paid 200 for it, now they sell it for 130.. sheesh!
I do wonder what os going on with the 520 price............401s are still $120+ but there are several places selling 520s for way less that $150.

I bought one myself for $135 shipped............I intend to fit it on my Trex 600ESP which at the moment has a 401.

Anyone got a theory as to why the 520 is being 'sold off' cheap?
jonp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
I do wonder what os going on with the 520 price............401s are still $120+ but there are several places selling 520s for way less that $150.

I bought one myself for $135 shipped............I intend to fit it on my Trex 600ESP which at the moment has a 401.

Anyone got a theory as to why the 520 is being 'sold off' cheap?
My guess is trying to get market share. With the release of the Spartan and being on the cusp of all the 4 axis FBL stuff coming. I traded my friend 3 401's for a 520 he won in a raffle. Put it in my Furion and hated it, heli fault not the gyro. Installed in my 600n and absolutly love it. The 520/BLS251 combo blows away the GY611 in my opinion. There marketing must be working I bought three more while they where running the sales.
MXRACERX43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

No issues whatsoever.

I like it a bit better than my Spartan, in that the GY520 was a little easier for me to set up.

Both are excellent gyros.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in