Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Pyro 700-52

I'm currently running the Scorpion 4535-500kv on 12T with the Jive 80HV at 2250rpm, if I switch to the Pyro 700-52 on 11T (same headspeed) will I notice a difference in flight time or power? and will the Jive 80HV run wamer (it was never hot)

all on 12S btw

Last edited by brian94066; 06-05-2011 at 03:37 AM..
brian94066 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2011, 02:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've run both motors, what i can tell your for sure is that on 12s the pyro kicks the scorpions butt, 40 love, however on 10s not really a difference. Follow NTM's posts on the subject since he's done a lot of comparisons on these motors as well.
If youre on a 10 s setup the only benefit you may reap is a much cooler running motor if u swiitch to the pyro.
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 02:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolla View Post
I've run both motors, what i can tell your for sure is that on 12s the pyro kicks the scorpions butt, 40 love, however on 10s not really a difference. Follow NTM's posts on the subject since he's done a lot of comparisons on these motors as well.
If youre on a 10 s setup the only benefit you may reap is a much cooler running motor if u swiitch to the pyro.
How much more gain are we talking about here? 15-20% or 50%?
kouasupra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

i'm staying on 12S, i have no interest of switching to 10S

will the Jive 80HV be enough?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry i did not see in your first post youre on 12s, jive 80 with heatsink for sure will be enough if it handled the scorpion, what i've found is that the scorpion has very good initial torque due to heavy flywheel efect but the pyro is stronger under sustained load, this was on 600 Se with 690's, as well as some other 90 size machines on 710's cantsay on 600s or 623's if you'll experience the same improvement
@kousupra cant put a percentage on it can only say the scorpion ran extremely hot and would bog under sustained load such as a manouvre i do what could best be described as an aggressive nose down rolling funnel where i give full sustained aileron input with the pitch and tail input associated with the manouvre. pyro uses a substantial thicker guage of wire which makes it more suitable at higher voltage.
Stolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The heat index here has been over a 100 degrees everyday I've flown my 600. Keep in mind I don’t fly 3D. Just FFF with some flips, loops and rolls. My Pyro comes down between 130-136 degrees. My Jive comes down around 112-118 degrees. Those numbers could increase if I was flying harder maybe. Not sure if those numbers would be considered hot though.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The pyro will run cooler, however it is not as noisy as the scorpion and kinda makes the heli boring LOL.
Power i found about the same but under heavy load pulls a little stronger.
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in