Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CopterX 3X2000 ?

I'm wondering if anyone has nay experience with this newer version X2000 from CopterX ?

if so how is the programming and how does it work ?
cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks like no one yet . i had the gyro in my tool box for weeks . and was not really looking forward to installing it . but decided to give a go yesterday . . the manual is basic . threr is a few things that are not explained very well like ,like how to check for piro optimization . but igot it together. all the servos working in the right direction .....except ... the throttle when pushed up the collective cylic would have the servo going down ! in reverse . i have not figured that out . so i had to put in 100 % pos at the low point ,0 at mid and 100 % neg at high and now its correct ,weird . now i need to adjust those points for the right pitch at low ,mid and high and enter the throttle settings there is a thread on rc groups with the manual and video [short one ]New CopterX CX-3X2000 Flybarless Gyro - RC Groups
dogtooth is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtooth View Post
looks like no one yet . i had the gyro in my tool box for weeks . and was not really looking forward to installing it . but decided to give a go yesterday . . the manual is basic . threr is a few things that are not explained very well like ,like how to check for piro optimization . but igot it together. all the servos working in the right direction .....except ... the throttle when pushed up the collective cylic would have the servo going down ! in reverse . i have not figured that out . so i had to put in 100 % pos at the low point ,0 at mid and 100 % neg at high and now its correct ,weird . now i need to adjust those points for the right pitch at low ,mid and high and enter the throttle settings there is a thread on rc groups with the manual and video [short one ]New CopterX CX-3X2000 Flybarless Gyro - RC Groups
ok thanks
If it's anything like the X1000 there is a place to set the pitch on you can either go positif or neg. you can reverse the direction that way ...

anyways I decided to try out the Robird 31 , looks like a better value ....
Old 02-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

do you need a cable for that ? there is just about no info on how to change settings on this system . i just tried it out , trying to take off it just sort of bounced around , tried changing the gyro and gain on tx to no avail . it tipped over . messed up the main gear .etc after spending the whol e weekend on this . . kinda fe up at this point im not going to bang my head on the wall with this . the flybar has more moving parts but is easy to adjust
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
do you need a cable for that ? there is just about no info on how to change settings on this system . i just tried it out , trying to take off it just sort of bounced around , tried changing the gyro and gain on tx to no avail . it tipped over . messed up the main gear .etc after spending the whol e weekend on this . . kinda fe up at this point im not going to bang my head on the wall with this . the flybar has more moving parts but is easy to adjust
I used the USB cable and some software that is pretty good , but again this was the 3X1000 ...
I did ask the question to Ehirobo.com and they kindly responded this :
"For the copterX cx-3x2000 unit it is a
completely different design. The main different is the processing time is
50 times faster than cx-3x1000. And the new firmware allow the 3x2000 work
for quad and airplane as a stablizer. The setup box and usb cable still
work with the 3x2000, the only different is for the USB cable you will need
to use the new software for your computer design for the 3x2000 operation.
And copterX is working no the futaba s-bus and spektrum receiver for easier
installation. (will be available later as a firmware update)"

so I would try that , get a USB cale and try the software
Old 02-10-2013, 11:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the 3x1000 and the cx pb001 program box. So far working good for me. I'm not sure if the program box will work with 3x2000.
mCP X
joel0611 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 04:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah i will give that a try .looks like an adapter is needed for the usb , so ill have to find that first . in your opinion ,was it worth the time to go this route ? i like the idea of not having the fly bar . one less thing to deal with .
Old 07-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CX 3X2000 and Spektrum Satellite DSM (X)

Dear all,
have someone setup succesfully the gyro with a spektrum dsmx satellite?

I made this procedure:
1) Pre-bind the satellite to the Tx not using the 3x2000, but using a normal receiver;
2) Fire up the 3X2000 (still connected to full receiver), fire up the USB software, do the "connect";
3) Go into setup, set receiver type to dsmx-2 (dx8 22ms);
4) Exit the USB software, power down the 3x2000;
5) Unplug the full receiver, plug in the dsmX satellite, power up...

The problem is that after start up (A/B LED flash alternatively) the Red Led start flashing (Error occur during initialization, restart gyro). Reconfiguring full receiver system all work fine.
Now I've updated the v2.2, but nothing change. The red led start blinking after initialization. I am using a DX8 and a AR6210 receiver (with dsmx satellite).

I only notice that if I start up gyro without tx "on", the gyro will block A&B led steady, then I press set up button on the gyro and it go in initialization, then red led steady. After that, I power on the radio and something work (only cyclic servos, no rudder, no gyro gain).

Thanks.
Cilly

PS: the pb001 work properly with this gyro.

I mount better than flight...
cillyjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The program box for the 1000 seems to work with the 2000, as does the lead when you get the right software................HOWEVER............

Happy with a 1000 model on a Sceadu 50, I have fitted the newer CX-3X2000 to a 500. It suffers from extreme vibration sensitivity. This has been stated by ehirobo as the reason for a firmware fix/update BUT you have of course to load it into the gyro!!!

All files mentioned below were obtained 20thOct13 from:-

http://www.ky-model.com/support.html

1. The CX-3X2000 gyro has acknowledged issues with vibration over-sensitivity since a firmware update specifically stated to help this has been issued, this being 2.4.

2. My CX-3X2000 Gyro now connects to my PC via the latest CopterX USB software stated as for the CX-3X2000 (a separate file is listed for the CX-3X1000). Setting differing parameters or the pre-programmed sets seems to work OK.

2. My CX-3X2000 as supplied is apparently on 2.1 firmware if the CopterX software is to be believed.

Now for the problem I have at this stage!!!

1. The firmware update is supplied as a ".cxf" file (once de-archived from the .zip file)
2. The software on the same website in the same area to load it onto the gyro expects a ".bin" file.

Do these people ever LOOK at and test what they put out??

HELP!!
bravedan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2013, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, Solved.

1. The v2.0 installation software does not work with .cxf firmware files even though its stated as for 2000 gyro.

2. The joint 1000/2000 software does recognise .cxf files and will install the latest firmware, which as I write for the 2000 is v2.4, however, IF you wait for some indication it has finished doing the update, you'll grow old. I had to switch off the RX/Gyro with the data LED still flickering after 45 mins and then it worked perfectly on reboot.

POOR software, guys!!!

3. It has, with NO other changes, just function direction checks before comitting to flight, cured all the vibration sensitivity I was suffering that made it unflyable without cast iron underwear.

bravedan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I updated 3 of mine so far with 2.4 as a .cxf file and all seemed to work just fine.

After the gyro rebooted it came up as version 2.4 on the display in the version 2.1 set up software.

For what it's worth, the heli felt more stable without changing any of my original settings I was using before I upgraded it. Once and a while it would exhibit a quick shake or two, but it no longer does that.

I'm happy with mine so far. In fact, I may buy two more before the price changes on them and actually try one on my Radical G30 gasser.

Bob
springerbob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bravedan, there is a video on line that addresses the updating procedure, and part of it says to start the download and briefly turn off the power to the unit then back on again.

As soon as the gyro sees power it starts the download and works within a matter of seconds.

Bob
springerbob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillyjr View Post
Dear all,
have someone setup succesfully the gyro with a spektrum dsmx satellite?
Thanks.
Cilly

PS: the pb001 work properly with this gyro.
I'm sorry, but does not seem to work with Spektrum satellites.
I also tried to write Ky-Model, but I have not received any useful information.
I bought the gyro specifically for use spektrum satellite...

Failed test of the CopterX CX-SAT-SP Spektrum satellite for 3x2000 gyro (6 min 8 sec)

Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3x2000 dsmx satellite dx8 ar8000 problem solved...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillyjr View Post
I'm sorry, but does not seem to work with Spektrum satellites.
I also tried to write Ky-Model, but I have not received any useful information.
I bought the gyro specifically for use spektrum satellite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlqWMZiTL4
solved:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...19&postcount=6

Old 06-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
"
CopterX 3X2000 ?
I'm wondering if anyone has nay experience with this newer version X2000 from CopterX ?

if so how is the programming and how does it work ?
cheers
Vbar 180 "

I wondered if anyone had ever gor a copterX 3x2000 in the air. I see you have, but my Futaba 10 c system, it doesn't have any collective using the H1 swash setting. Have been trying everything on the ehirobo site to no avail. I have the 2.4 firmware the usb programmer and the latest drivers. Can anyone help?
Sean015 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2015, 03:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Hi, I cant get any collective. on a futaba they say use H1, which is individual servos, not cyclic and pitch mixing, if I used hr3, which mixes pitch and collective on the Tx, would this solve it? I have no wires from the throttle pitch to the Gyro?
Sean015 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2015, 11:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey guys ive had experience with this flybarless unit cx-3x2000, and all i could get it to do was destroy blades tailbooms and gears. it would tip over every time i attempted a flight. Its a piece dont waste anymore money on them. get the tarot xyz units or the 3x1000 if you must there are better cheaper options out there. The 3x2000 is a dud.
conbones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2015, 06:39 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

This gyro is a waste of money and is absolutely trashed on RC groups forum by dealers and vendors.My experiences with it were always desperate attempts not to crash trying to hover.Even though it's still sold by some,the manufacturer doesn't even support it any more.I threw mine in the bin.I wasted money buying the adjustment box as well.I think there are serious faults or flaws in the hardware.
helibeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2017, 05:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cx-3x2000 pc setup throttle trim issue

Having trouble with the throttle centering when using the usb cable to setup my CX-3X2000 gyro. I can get AIL, ELEV & RUD centered at midstick on the setup screen using only minor amounts of subtrim in my tx (dx7), but the throttle stays set at -52 on the screen no matter how much subtrim I put in, in either direction.. All my subtrims and travel adjust on the tx were set at zero when I started to setup the gyro per the instructions. Note that I had to put the throttle trim (not subtrim) to full negative when I was programming my copterx 50a esc.. could this be the problem? Should I setup the gyro first and then do the esc?

Sorry if this is a silly question, I'm new to the flybarless thing, and helis in general..

Any help is appreciated!!
ozidingo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 05:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are using a standard reciever then the fbl unit will not see throttle. only if you are using a satalite reciever with no main reciever will you get throttle channel through the copterx gyro.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in