Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Reflex Flight Sim

Reflex Flight Sim Reflex Simulator Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
jlr
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Training Feature Idea

Hey guys, I had an idea for a feature in Reflex that I think would be useful and I wanted to get your opinions. If enough of us think it would be useful, maybe we can get it on the list of planned features.

I think it would be useful to have a feature that allowed you to essentially slow down time. The idea would be to keep all of the physics (and therefore stick movements) the same but just have things happen more slowly, giving you more time to react (and have the reactions become natural). As you progress, you could "speed up" time until you're able to do the manuver in real-time. The best analogy I can come up with is learning to play a new piece of music at a reduced tempo so that you can "learn" the rhythms, finger movements, etc. This would be the same thing. You'd learn how the sticks move (how much, which way, relative to each other, etc), just at reduced speed.

What do you guys think? Does it sound useful to you?

--Jeff
jlr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Reflex XTR already does exactly this........
Click on the tab 'simulation parameters' and look for 'Time Expension Factor' TEF.
TEF is set by default to 1.0 - which is fine for planks, but for a more realistic feel, response and gravity for your helis set it to 0.8.
For real slow cruising fun set it to 1.5 and you can change your mind mid manoever or go and get a cup of tea during a loop
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
jlr
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rotorhead
Reflex XTR already does exactly this........
Oh man, that's awesome. I can't wait to get home and check it out. Thanks!

--Jeff

Out of curiosity, do all (or most) of the sims have this feature?
jlr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2006, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think G3 has this ability, best to ask in that forum. There are limits to the TEF range. 0.6 is minimum and the heli flits around like you see in the pros 3D vids. The max is about 5 I think, but its so slow as to be unuseable, even for fun.
Some people prefer to leave the TEF alone and improve the sim heli response by playing around with head speed and other model parameters, but I like the TEF method since it also speeds up the effect of gravity and turbulance (or 'BumpForce as Reflex calls it).
Rick Rotorhead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in