Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Henseleit

Henseleit Henseleit Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the it's ugly but it works category, I really couldn't find a good position to mount the LED and have it be visible on the TDR, so I ended up with this. I was sticking it on the back of my battery sticks which put it in an excellent position, but repeatedly sticking and unsticking it seemed like a good way for it to come unhooked.

I imagine that there is a boom support brace that might fit back here and look a bit better than this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Battery Breakthrough Offers 30 Times More Power

Check out this article on Mashable.

Who knows when this technology will be available & affordable for us RC folks, but the good thing is that these scientists are legit. The article author says he'll update the article/post once he hears back from the scientist(s)....

Press release is here.
=====
"Battery Breakthrough Offers 30 Times More Power, Charges 1,000 Times Faster"

By Charlie White 4/17/13

Battery technology has improved over the past decade, but now scientists claim they have made a giant leap in power storage, giving lithium-ion batteries 30 times more power and the ability to recharge 1,000 times faster "than competing technologies."

This is a battery breakthrough that could change the world — it's "a whole new way to think about batteries," according to its creators. The team at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, headed up by Professor William King, wrote about the technology in the April 16 issue of Nature Communications.

According to King, battery technology has "lagged far behind" the technology it powers. He says in a press release that his microtechnology "could change all of that. Now the power source is as high performance as the rest of it."

The batteries are so powerful, King says you could use the power storage device in your cellphone to jumpstart your car battery.

How has the team accomplished this seemingly miraculous breakthrough? The secret is extreme miniaturization of the conventional elements of traditional batteries, the anode and the cathode. Assembling these in a 3D microstructure, the researchers have developed what their press release says is "a new way to integrate the two components at the microscale to make a complete battery with superior performance."

What's next? Like most scientific breakthroughs, the scientists are now working on making the technology affordable, and adapting it to fit into today's tightly packed environments of smartphones and other gadgetry. Said the press release, "imagine juicing up a credit-card-thin phone in less than a second."

We've contacted King, asking him when he thinks we might see this technology in our hands, and what devices might be first to use it. We'll update this post as soon as we get a response.

Imagine what a battery with this kind of power could do to our world, which is increasingly dependent on energy storage devices. Electric cars could become a lot more practical and recharge in less than the time it takes to fill up a gas tank. Solar power could be stored easily overnight with incredible efficiency, and many devices that now must be plugged in could be powered by these super batteries.

It's interesting that this technology originated at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the birthplace of the fictional HAL 9000 computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
=====
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The problem with this kind of news is that we hear them every year and still nothing...
- TDR #2, Scorpion 4525LE, PowerJive, MKS HBL950/980, Vbar
- TDR #1 (stock, sold at 700+ flights), e-Revo, Protos 500, Jeti DS14
jointer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #304 (permalink)
Registered Users

Owners of TDR and YGE, i want your help and experience:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=523739
Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The Big Lebowski

I'm just curious -- how many of you guys have seen the movie "The Big Lebowski"? (It's an American film, so I'm not sure how popular [or not] it is outside of the US).

It's one of those "I don't get it" movies on the first viewing, but gets better and better the more times you see it. It's also one of the greatest "cult" films of all time.

The movie came up in post #138 in the speed fuselage thread; my avatar is based on the movie's main character -- The Dude, aka Jeffrey Lebowski -- but only "Achievers" would pick up on that. Just like only true Blade Runner fans would know my screen name is an offshoot of the novel behind the movie (Blade Runner).

Anyway, I'm just curious.

PS> If you're not familiar with the movie and its cult following, this is a great overview.

The Dude Abides.
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #306 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it is a long time i seen that.
But my favourite movies are the ones with Jay and Silent Bob in them.
And everything sci-fi, not much SF films were made in last year or two, or maybe i just did not noticed?
Year 2012 was full of horror movies and i do not like that much.
And also lot of animated "Toy story like" movies, some were good.

Now i am doing different things then watching movies, but year ago i had a period of watching series like Big Bang, V, Fringe and of course The walking dead.

Anyway, i could recommend you some.
Dark Skies, new thing, sort of brought back the feeling from The X Files...
And you should see both Appleseed movies, you might like that...

Surprisingly, from the last 3-5 years, my favourite film is probably Iron man.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #307 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Henseleit Off-Topic Lounge

I watch TBL every few months or so...

It draws a lot of water..
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #308 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Henseleit Off-Topic Lounge

Stored energy is stored energy. Can you imagine the fireball when one goes up?!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #309 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys,
Below is a link to my build thread for my Voodoo 400. The parts quality and design is very indicative of German boutique helis. I'm guessing most you appreciate German helis. Perhaps you will enjoy this build thread.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=545312
Old 07-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #310 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wait till you fly it!

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #311 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont want to make this sound bad but with my little experience with ekectric heli's and loving this speed thing i started searching for more power and speed....i stumbled across a banshee...holy moly!!! Straight away i went onto their site and placed and order because damn now that thing flies!!! But guess what, found out through the forms here at helifreak and apparently they dont make them any more!!! Damn!!!

How can i get my tdr to do the same!!! Shit i was impressed with the level of engineering!! Man do i want one!!!
wblombard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #312 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, the Banshee is a TDR on steriods, great speed AND for smacking around. No 24 is for sale, see Banshee thread here on HF in other helis topic!!

It is the world speed record holder, BUT with TDR head and tail mechanics???
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #313 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wblombard View Post
I dont want to make this sound bad but with my little experience with ekectric heli's and loving this speed thing i started searching for more power and speed....i stumbled across a banshee...holy moly!!! Straight away i went onto their site and placed and order because damn now that thing flies!!! But guess what, found out through the forms here at helifreak and apparently they dont make them any more!!! Damn!!!

How can i get my tdr to do the same!!! Shit i was impressed with the level of engineering!! Man do i want one!!!
The people who created the Banshee are supposedly working on another heli that we will see whenever they get around to it. They work on the Banshee for fun, but have other full time jobs.

Jan is working on a dedicated speed heli that another thread said was expected around October. So there is that.

Otherwise, there is the smooth canopy and full Fuses for the TDR, bigger motors, heat resistant gears, frame reinforcements etc..
Old 07-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #314 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally I have seen a Banshee live at the Heli Masters in Venlo.
I must say I was impressed by the mechanics.

Unfortunately Nico Niewind did not show any speedruns when I was there. So I can t really tell how fast it goes compared to the TDR from Olli who did perform some speedruns.

Belgo
belgoheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #315 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since we are talking about speed helis, I suspect SAB will be entering into this years IRCHA Speed Cup with the Goblin Speed Edition. I believe capable of 180+mph. We might see in this years competiton.

RIP Roman Pirozek Jr. 1/11/94 - 9/5/2013
johnjonfenomenon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #316 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjonfenomenon View Post
Since we are talking about speed helis, I suspect SAB will be entering into this years IRCHA Speed Cup with the Goblin Speed Edition. I believe capable of 180+mph. We might see in this years competiton.
It is exponentially harder to go faster and the world record is currently only in the 150's.

To reach 180mph would probably require at least a 100KW motor, blades that haven't been invented yet, and a crazy thin body etc.. etc..

I will be surprised if the Gobby can give the Banshee in full fuse atire a run for its money.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #317 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can assure you, it doesn't go 180 mph. That speed might be achievable at the end of a long dive. For that matter a standard Banshee reached 198 mph doing that. I'll be there so I'll report. The width of the fuselage is the limiting factor, from what I've seen they haven't made it any thinner. They'll be in Unlimited class so I won't be competing against them. It will be interesting.

Banshee #27, 2x TDR, Diabolo, Logo 690SX, Raptor E700, JR Sylphide E12 EX Super Gracy, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, Logo 550SE, Logo 400SE, JR Forza 450. Mikado Vcontrol.
marcosp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 03:08 AM   #318 (permalink)
Registered Users

I must say, that Banshee really is on steroids like Vinger said, When I saw it I had to have it and now that is not possible. BUT from what was mentioned above with Jans new speed heli, I just mailed him to ask if he can put me on the list. So my plan of action is to stall building my extra kit that I have for the TDR. Honestly I dont think I will ever use it, I fly like a girl compare to most of you guys, I like to play it safe hee hee, so unless I loose signal or equipment failure like a servo gone bad I hope I will never right her off like i did with my trex 700 Nitor (What a piece of C....P if i must add).

I was seriously impressed with that Banshee, MAN!!! wow that thing looks un-destructible!! You guys (including you vinger) that own one, I'm jealous like you wont believe. I must also add, I dont know if i would have forked out 2500Euro for a kit seeing as thought it was the first and last ones to be made...heehee...Vinger you got guts my boy!!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #319 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You need the same guts to fly it!!!!! But it can be gentle as well, very light and can take monster hp, but to take it for a speed run, better get a set of new underpants ready!!!!

just for listening, 298.76kmh
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 AM   #320 (permalink)
Registered Users

I SAW THIS THING YOU POSTED IN THE BANSHEE FORM AS WELL!!!!!!!! Oh my hat!! Vinger you are such a lucky guy to have one of these heli's!! I just hope that Jan is really making another speed machine and that its not just talk. I have not had a reply but I dont think he will send a reply either.

Lets cross fingers and hope that it has 3/4 of the banshee in it!!! damn!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in