Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 05:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Crash caused by 65MG

I was flying my T-rex 450 Sport last week on the first flight of the day. As I it was flying along in a straight line, it started to roll to its starboard. Despite my efforts to counter this with opposite cyclic, the heli plummeted to the ground.

When I checked the heli, I noticed that the 65MG which controls the swashplate on the starboard side was physically jammed. I then connected and disconnected the battery a couple of times and after a while the 65MG started working again.

At this stage, the most likely cause of the crash is the 65MG. Shall I junk it or this likely to be a one off thing? Is there a way to fix the problem?
colcha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2011, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same thing happened to me except my bird was about a foot off the ground when the servo went kaput.

Junked it and got a replacement. Am now thinking of getting a replacement motor for the 65 mg and keep it as a spare
Wolfgang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have the standard 65's get new ones. but one question for you if you saw that was gaveing problems y did you fly it?(not trying to be smart or mean )
Old 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

dude, I think he crashed and saw the problem after the crash, that would be a logical answer, but I can be wrong...
jdqsGua is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2011, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcha View Post
I was flying my T-rex 450 Sport last week on the first flight of the day. As I it was flying along in a straight line, it started to roll to its starboard. Despite my efforts to counter this with opposite cyclic, the heli plummeted to the ground. When I checked the heli, I noticed that the 65MG which controls the swashplate on the starboard side was physically jammed. I then connected and disconnected the battery a couple of times and after a while the 65MG started working again. At this stage, the most likely cause of the crash is the 65MG. Shall I junk it or this likely to be a one off thing? Is there a way to fix the problem?
It may well have been damaged in the crash, especially if the holes in which the pin is located are elongated and gears locked up.
How old was the MG servo and how often was it serviced??

Metal gears, whilst stronger, do wear out much faster than any other type, refer
Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - DIY Repair & Extend MG Servo Gear Life Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - Why MG Servo have a Plastic Primary 1st Gear Servo - Do not turn by hand

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2011, 06:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I missed a bad gear after a crash and the servo locked up in flight and crashed again. Nearly a total loss twice in a row. First one was dumb thumbs second one was dumb inspector. I've stripped several sets of the mg gears and hb gears.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same happened to me last week, i was flying the Trex 450, some stall turns and very basic loops, after 5 batteries one of the Cyclic Servo jammed and stopped working causing a crash. I was1 meter high but was in Idle up and it did not give me the chance to turn on the Thottle Hold.

This already happened to me twice in a month. I think something is definitely wrong with these servos.

Thx
Ramall
ramall79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in