Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beans07 View Post
The Rave is more of an advanced builders kit IMO. It is not a heli you can put together and have 0 issues if your new or relatively inexperienced to building. I know a few people not to far from me that have built and had little to no issues with theirs. They to my knowledge no longer fly them more due to the parts supply and cost in Australia than actaully any issues with parts or quality.

The mini is a kit that is able to be put together by just about anyone and it should fly fine.

As for your tail servo I am pretty sure the output by the YGE BEC is 5.5v so I would be confident that it will run that voltage fine through the tail servo. The 4.8v rating is for the old rating of a nicd 4 cell pack which charged is between 5.6-5.8v although it drops down fairly quickly.

If your still worried you can get a step down that will drop the voltage by about 0.7v

Thanks! That's definitely good info to know about the Tail Servo but I'm thinking that I may just go with the MKS DS95-i...it's quick and light; course my wallet doesn't feel the same way, laughs!

I'll add the Rave 450 3D to my Heli Fleet eventually and like you state...it'll probably be best if I do so once I have more build/set-up experience...though, with all the set-up and rebuilds I've done on my Walkera Heli fleet I'm at least a "Journeymen" level in that category, LoL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the DS95i would be about the best micro tail servo available at the moment. I have that servo on mine which feels good and would highly recommend it.

You could skimp a little and go another choice but IMO a good tail servo is very important.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got the YGE set to 5v for the BEC. I won't be using a 4.8v servo for my next build though. A 2s LiFe pack will be powering the electronics.

Sent from my Tapatalk using iPhone.
RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by th0rg0d View Post
But I'm not giving another brand a second thought. I'm a fanboy through and through now.
For 400 and 500 class machines... COMPLETELY agreed. The design is simple and it works reliably.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it is your first build make sure you check out the build thread I put together for the mini P.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=329858

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
If it is your first build make sure you check out the build thread I put together for the mini P.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=329858

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter...I'll DEFINITELY be referencing your Thread for my build...tons of valuable information! Thank You!

Though, at my skill level I'll be building Flybarless but 3S, 325mm SAB Blades, and standard Tail length. It does help immensely to have both the manual and your guide for this build I'll be doing...this will be Sweet for sure.

Last edited by R3L72; 04-30-2012 at 03:25 AM.. Reason: Added that 3S Info...
R3L72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question List Almost Complete...

Quote:
Originally Posted by th0rg0d View Post
I've got the YGE set to 5v for the BEC. I won't be using a 4.8v servo for my next build though. A 2s LiFe pack will be powering the electronics.

Those Mini Protos owners that opted for the AR7200BX versus the BeastX Microbeast FBL receiver; question:

I looked at the AR7200BX that's on my Blade 450 X and I don't see a connection for a USB cable to perform firmware updates, though there is that "BND/DAT" 3-pin connection in the back of the AR7200BX...anyone who has this receiver ever research how updates will occur on the AR7200BX?

I'm trying to figure out, ultimately, which receiver/flybarless unit will have the most longevity before I put in my complete order for the Mini Protos. The AR7200BX is almost too good to be true. The Microbeast is heavier and requires that I install one of my DSMX Sat's = slightly more weight and more wiring to tuck away.

Any Thoughts?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got a set of DS95/DS95i servos showing up today.. My mini Protos flies awesome with Hitec 5065s/5084. Can't wait to see how much better it flies with the best 450 servos on the market.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

At this time updates are not available. I'm not to sure how they will be performed. Honestly, even though I am loving the AR7200BX, I doubt I'll get another. FBL are coming down in cost, and I'll be watching the Brain and VX1 as they're released. Both will give me options on radios. The new JR DMSS are looking mighty fine.

RCHN #0650 AMA# 448427
th0rg0d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I replaced the beastx with an ar7200bx on my mini protos. I am concerned about the software update story for the all in one unit. I will probably stick to plain microbeast in the future. I also don't like that it locks me into DSM protocol gear. However I did it for the mini protos because I wanted dual receivers since the frame is carbon and I didn't want a full size receiver and the standard beastx will not accept dual satellites. Bigger helis I will be sticking with isolated receivers or other FBL solutions like skookum or v-bar.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

microsettings software should be coming from horizon/spektrum within a few weeks for the ar7200bx and yes all done thru the beastx usb. It is coming guy's. If you fly spektrum the ar7200bx works with either dsm2 or dsmx tx output. Unless you fly futaba or plan on it the ar7200bx with one sat is all you need for big helis. Beastx updates will be released for the ar7200bx from horizon within a few week time frame or even less to stay up to date with beastx. I am not gonna dig up the post from dribbe from horizon in the beastx forum but it is there if you care to search for it.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
microsettings software should be coming from horizon/spektrum within a few weeks for the ar7200bx and yes all done thru the beastx usb. It is coming guy's. If you fly spektrum the ar7200bx works with either dsm2 or dsmx tx output. Unless you fly futaba or plan on it the ar7200bx with one sat is all you need for big helis. Beastx updates will be released for the ar7200bx from horizon within a few week time frame or even less to stay up to date with beastx. I am not gonna dig up the post from dribbe from horizon in the beastx forum but it is there if you care to search for it.
Scott S, I don't doubt that either company will allow the AR7200BX to fall behind on updates; their company names are on the unit.

I'm curious though, as to how the AR7200BX will be updated and I'm searching for that information now too. I've checked the AR7200BX FBL unit on my Blade 450 X and I don't see a USB port, just a three prong Bind/Data connection.

Are the AR7200BX's purchased separately coming with USB connections?
Old 05-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no usb port on either the beastx or ar7200bx. The usb adapter that plugs in to your pc has just a regular servo connector that goes into system/ data port. If you do not have the beastx usb then you will need one. I am sure horizon/spektrum may sell there own branded one but it is all a wait because the issue is firmware not the usb adapter.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L72 View Post
Scott S, I don't doubt that either company will allow the AR7200BX to fall behind on updates; their company names are on the unit.

I'm curious though, as to how the AR7200BX will be updated and I'm searching for that information now too. I've checked the AR7200BX FBL unit on my Blade 450 X and I don't see a USB port, just a three prong Bind/Data connection.

Are the AR7200BX's purchased separately coming with USB connections?
You hook the BeastX usb->serial converter dongle to the data port on the AR7200BX and connect that way, the unit shows up as far as the BX update software is concerned but you cannot use the BX firmware (software reports that the hardware version does not match) which is expected.

PC connectivity is in place, just waiting on Spektrum for the software.
-Goblin 500, HC3SX, Hyp DH16/MKS980BL, Scorp 4015-1100
desertstalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in