Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2015, 06:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default MKS -vs- RJX Thoughts

I bought an AR7200BX then pulled the trigger on the Assault 700. Now
the agony of finding good servos sets in. It's pretty much down to the
following two choices, along with a WR Hercules Super BEC PRO, a
CC Phoenix Edge 120-Amp 50V ESC and I have no idea what motor
yet. I'll be looking for something mellow that will maximize flight times.

MKS HBL665 Brushless
MKS HBL669 Brushless (tail)

RJX HV Standard Servo
RJX HV Standard Tail Servo

Does anybody have any first or even second hand knowledge of these?
The MKS are brushless and more expensive, a fact that is making my
palms sweat.
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2015, 11:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I built and flew an Assault for some time. Staying with the HK theme, I used Goteck HC2627S HV for cyclic and RotorStar RS-BL507MG HV for the tail.
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2015, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://www.mksservosusa.com/home.php?cat=3

These are probably comparable to the rjx you posted.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the cyclic RJX HV servos on my 700 and they are very good for hard 3d. Very fast and precise. No slop after 100 flights on them. I also have a cyclic RJX HV servo working as a tail servo on my 600 for 600+ flights and it performs great even as a tail servo.

If I were you I would go with the RJX servos on the cyclic and the BK tail servo on the tail. For the tail, the BK servo is a standard size servo in a mini servo case. With an adapter it can fit in any heli from 450 up to 800 and the specs are great. That means that if you want to build another heli in the future, you can reuse this servo without fitting issues. Here it is: http://www.amain.com/rc-helicopters/...ksms02/p273298

MKS servos are great quality and a good choice if you have the money. If you are going for a budget build though, the RJX will be just fine and you won't miss out on anything.
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

another choice and a comment.
Align BL815H and BL855H. I have these stock in my 700L. Quietest servo I have had yet. So quiet i first thought they were not working. Virtually no bench FBL chatter.

Your FBL controller is one of the ones that can be set for a tail frame rate of 560Hz. That means it can tale advantage of the Narrow Band, 760 microsecond center pulse servos like the MKS. The Align 855 is a 1500us center pulse and needs to run at 333Hz or less. So if you believe in the 760us type servos, go with MKS. But either way, make sure you know what type you are getting for the tail because you need to make the right corresponding choices in the FBL setup.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't buy Align BL815H and BL855H.
Many burned Servos and lot of reclamation.

I kicked my Align BL815H and BL855H out and purchased MKS HBL 665/669.
No slop, fast and after two heavy crash with my 550L Dominator they are working like new :-D
All is broken and bent, but the MKS are working without any damage.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well I was sort of an MKS poster boy until I had one (DS760) fail in mid flight.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a trusty set of rjxhv servos on my 700 pro (my work horse) and they have worked flawlessly. I also had a set on goblin 570 and they too were aweasome. So I personally have no complaints about full size rjxhv or rjxthv servos. I've run them with a beastx and now I only fly vbar so they work with both those gyros perfectly. As for the new Align servos I love them in my 700Ltop super quite and work perfectly. And man do they look nice align did a great job on those bad boys. I sold my torq 9280/9288's cause I had a failure and to be honest I was pretty disappointed cause I always thought torqs were the best. Live and learn (my buddy also had a new torq just stop working on him as well) for the price we paid that's not acceptable but to be fair HD traded them out for new ones.

Trex700Pro/Trex700LTop/X3/14sgh T$3D
Old 04-24-2015, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by buell47 View Post
Don't buy Align BL815H and BL855H.
Many burned Servos and lot of reclamation.

I kicked my Align BL815H and BL855H out and purchased MKS HBL 665/669.
No slop, fast and after two heavy crash with my 550L Dominator they are working like new :-D
All is broken and bent, but the MKS are working without any damage.
Agreed! I have an acquaintance who works for a very popular factory authorized Align dealer... and they have a healthy flow of these servos being returned under warranty. Even with the replacements failing and being returned. Hot mess of a servo. Russian Roulette in purchasing them.

I went through 4 of these servos before abandoning ship for good. As is usually the case... Align released the product before it was ready... likely fixed it.. and meantime, further ruined their reputation.

Someone at Align Corporation needs to be fired. What a waste of potential.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2015, 04:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know about Russian roulette unless your clip holds like 100,000 bullets and 5 are loaded in than maybe that would be closer to what happened. I'm positive 95% of those servos sent back were fine people were simply spooked by the handful that had issue. And not to mention some of those people that made the most noise about it turned out it was the POS gpro the whole time. Others didn't realize the servos make " no" noise and burned them up during setup not realizing they were hitting somewhere. 50/50 is ridiculous considering how many 10's of 1000's of 700l 700ltop 600l 800 pro 550l all with said servos are out in the world with no issue. If we want to talk odds what are the odds someone gets of all those tons of servos 4 or 5 more bad ones sent to them. I'm not even sure my calculator can handle it. Honestly it sounds insane doesn't it ?

Trex700Pro/Trex700LTop/Trex500L/14sgh T$3D
Old 06-19-2015, 07:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

If the Align comes with the Combo that you have purchased... okay, you can use it.
But if you are looking just for Servos, you better buy something else.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in