Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Raptor G4/E720

Raptor G4/E720 Thunder Tiger Raptor G4/E720 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 09:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!
It is V2!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2014, 06:21 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default E700 Head Link not 90 degrees

According to a post on Facebook today by thunder tiger you only need parts 580, 6048, and 6049 to upgrade. Can anyone confirm?
sbader is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2014, 07:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbader View Post
According to a post on Facebook today by thunder tiger you only need parts 580, 6048, and 6049 to upgrade. Can anyone confirm?
Yes, I confirm, that is the same thing that I was talking about at mypost reply #37 page 2
Old 03-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain View Post
Wow, it 's absolutely as day and night, ....more precise, agile, linear,...can't wait for more harder flights if weather is warmer
Wonder if more people have flown old and new geometry and could elaborate on the difference in flight performance?
Old 03-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dekker View Post
Wonder if more people have flown old and new geometry and could elaborate on the difference in flight performance?
per Nick M. on facebook-
"Hey everyone with E700s, just a quick reminder on the new head parts for the E700. All three V2 parts must be changed together to work properly and to get the right head ratios/travels. While the head RATIOs did not change-> your pitch and cyclic values will remain the same for a given swashplate deflection, we changed the distances (equally to eachother-which is what kept the ratios the same) of the mixer arm and grip lever simply to allow for an ever so slightly more linear control response from 0- +/-15(+) degrees and for more mechanical leverage on the grip control so the grip links and mixer bearings will last even longer beating on them day in and day out. The grip plates also have increased in width a bit so they can withstand tip over autos better, etc. The new grip post zeros out the delta which for those running soft dampening and extremely low headspeeds will get a better control feel at those RPMs.

Those who fly tight dampening you will not see a change with the new grip post as without any teetering effect, delta in the head has no effective response or blade/control input...

Just again, these three main parts, the control lever, grip lever, and grip post all should be changed together. If not, the head ratios will change and your cyclic and pitch values will be very strange.

This is not a critical thing to change at all, just more or less a running upgrade that when the next time that you have to replace any of these parts you can upgrade to them. The old version functionally flies just as well, but for long term these new parts should last even longer for less maintence and tolerate minor tip overs etc better."
Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the V1 head on mine and have noticed the heli to be very sensitive to elevator in forward flight i suppose pitchy as some have described it compared to my other models with zero delta.

So is it confirmed that the upgraded parts will cure this?
raptor50luvver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 09:57 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: E700 Head Link not 90 degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor50luvver View Post
I have the V1 head on mine and have noticed the heli to be very sensitive to elevator in forward flight i suppose pitchy as some have described it compared to my other models with zero delta.

So is it confirmed that the upgraded parts will cure this?
What fbl controller you using?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2014, 11:03 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mini V Bar 5.3 Pro very similar settings to my other 700 size models which are Align 700E DFC and Logo 700 Xxtreme.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor50luvver View Post
Mini V Bar 5.3 Pro very similar settings to my other 700 size models which are Align 700E DFC and Logo 700 Xxtreme.
Did you set up the swash angles and distances correctly? It may be likely that you have the 120 degree swash defaults in your set up. In the swash set up portion you need to manually change this under the expert tab. For distances use 72 100 100 and angles use 270 135 45. You need to do this or you will have a pitchy elevator response.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

No i set it for 140Deg ccpm using settings provided to me for this bird but i will check the numbers against yours.many thanks.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can't say that I've seen that. I have 5.2 on my e700 and a logo 550sx. The logo pitched up like crazy at highest speed, and the raptor does not. This is real, out of control, pitch up. You may be referring to a different phenomenon.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkraft View Post
Did you set up the swash angles and distances correctly? It may be likely that you have the 120 degree swash defaults in your set up. In the swash set up portion you need to manually change this under the expert tab. For distances use 72 100 100 and angles use 270 135 45. You need to do this or you will have a pitchy elevator response.
+ 1

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just to confirm,the numbers in my V Bar under the swash section match those numbers so its not that.

I am trying different blades and have adjusted some settings in V Bar and will try again.

Thanks for assistance.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only other thing I can think of that is different on mine is I manually set my cyclic optimizers to 40 and my agility at 100. This is in conjunction with raising my cyclic ring to about 94. Try raising that so that the controller has the max amount of room to control the model. Plus another thing I have been trying lately is to set my max cyclic to 11 degrees on the setup tab. This equals about 140 on the slider tab, which you cannot actual set unless you type in the number. I actual really like the way it flys with this set up. My bet is that you can maybe raise the cyclic ring number and that may have the most benefit. I set mine by checking at mid collective so that I did not have binding. You can easily go over the vbar default without binding, just be sure to check at mid collective.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many thanks,i will try playing with those parameters once i have flown it again and seen if there is already any difference.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbpro954 View Post
I am in the process of building the head of the e700 and noticed that the linkages going from the blade grip to the see-saw is not perpendicular. Did i miss something or are you showing the same results?

I had one of the earlier kits and then i upgraded to the V2 version. Mine ended up exactly how your photo is showing, so is that okay not to have the blade holder to swash link at an angle like this?
Old 03-30-2014, 02:28 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still flying the v1 head and haven't noticed any bad tendencies, also had a few crashes and the posts haven't bent.

What is the advantage of the v2?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-30-2014, 11:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil777 View Post
I'm still flying the v1 head and haven't noticed any bad tendencies, also had a few crashes and the posts haven't bent.

What is the advantage of the v2?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
I think Nick posted somewhere that if you fly soft dampers at low headspeed (and thus got some 'flap' in the blades) you could get a phase effect. Others have said it was very noticeable but I don't know if they got A/B tests in.

My bet? There was a perceived theoretical issue and they were compelled to change it.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dear friends,

speaking about head dampening - are there different options for the stiffness? I am using the kit parts, would you rate them as "stiff"? To me they feel just like this...

Thanks for any feedback and have a great one! Stefan
fulcrum2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can someone tell me if I messed up during the installation of the new V2 parts?

The grip links are still offset, but from what I can see Nick wrote, they should be 90 degrees with the new V2 head parts. I have installed the beefier grip plates and the longer mixer arms. I am wondering if I could have swapped the grip posts during installation, since they supposedly should cancel out the delta.

On the picture, I am holding the shorter grips posts besides the longer grip posts that are installed. Look like they would cancel out the delta if installed instead.

To summarize: The new V2 grip plate should be beefier, the mixer arms longer and the grip posts shorter? If that's the case, I have swapped the new grip posts for the old long ones during installation.

Thanks,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150621_191125.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	592098  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in