Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2009, 01:21 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the Blade out yesterday and ws having problems with tail control on punchouts, she would kick out about 70 degrees to the right (tail right) and recover, she was ok in sideways flight and reward direction just could not keep up with the torque when punching it. HS5000/5083 combo set up for no drift in rate and running about 68 on DX6i gain setting (yes I tried bumping the gain up but no help), running a flat 95 on the throttle and set for the farthest led to the left for rate.
Started looking at the tail slider geomerty (Rex styled tail KDS) and when in rate mode the aerodynamic neutral position is quite far to the left of center (viewed from the rear) so I change it to tail control of the blades and it put the slider (aerodynamic neutral) more closely to the center allowing alot more slider movement to the left of center.
Well a short teat hop and it seemed to take care of the problem though I reall don't see why? All the gyro setting stayed the same, aside from servo direction, I now get alot more slider throw to the left but that would seem to be in a tail right direction, ah the mysteries of thei hobby.
Any thought on the downside of trailing edge control vs leading edge control? I can not explain why it worked it just did?
supra6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2010, 08:36 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this gyro easy to setup? I'm running a 2.4g system
joecwj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure, I have 3 of them, only one required the hidden recalibration, it would drift in HH mode. I think they are decent gyros, mind you i'm not doing any 3D, just standard flight.
75scoutII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have this gyro on my b400, and it insists on drifting in HH. Only thing I haven't tried is the re-calibration. Actually flies great in rate mode...but randomly drifts left & right often in HH. I've gotten vibs minimized as much as possible as well. My buddy has it on his 450 and is rock solid...which is why I bought it! Hopefully the re-cal will resolve my issues.

IMHO it's a little harder to setup than a GY401, mainly because instructions and procedures are more complicated. Still, it's not bad once you use the tid-bits from this forum.
mr2mkii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 01:22 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely do the undocumented recalibration I had one out of the box do the same thing, did the recalibrate and its perfect now.

Jason.
75scoutII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMHO, the gyro is a huge waste of time. It simply isn't worth the effort. The SX seems OK but the Hitec gyro is just as flaky as the Logitech gyro was and why not because they are one and the same. You can do better, especially as your flying skills get better.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hitec hg 5000

hey guys would that be a good gyro that is stable for somebody still learning basic flight thanks
bigkid6969 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just threw this gyro with the servo in my 450. So now the setup and tuning it in. I set the end points as the hitec instructions said. I'm still new to all the helicopter stuff. i just touch the stick and the tail jumps fast. very little movement of the stick....How do i dial this down....
Cub Man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in