Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default The Lone Gasser at HFFF?

Was I the only one with a Gasser at this year's Helifreak Fun Fly? I flew my older T700 HB for the entire event. It flew quite well and I had no problems. Just fuel and spool. On the hotter afternoon flights I had some governor hunting when I dropped down from IU to the slower Normal setting. Even did some half decent tic tocs. The long flight times did help get more practice in. I was also flying my new 700L electric so it was interesting to compare them back to back.

Now if only I can get my newer T700N DFC HB running reliably. I think it has a blown OWB but really not sure yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Was that you there?

Generally speaking when I go to events there is a group of guys with me who fly gassers, but sometimes we run into other folks with gassers though they are not outnumbering anyone else.

People just tend to think that if you don't have the max power to weight ratio you're not going to have fun. Turns out the guy with the gasser is the guy who can easily spend the most hours in the air and many times what you are doing does not require any more power of the electrics. I'll give you an example, this weekend in Vermont Rich and I were practicing inverted funnel pirouetting circles. He had a trex 500 and in idle up 1 (to save the battery) he can take off and fly for about 6 minutes to practice. For me in idle up 1, I can take off and fly for 18 minutes doing the same move and getting the same type of practice. There is no difference in the machine and how it flies this maneuver whether it was electric or not.

But you can't argue with the folks that if you want that crazy hard pop scary crap that can make people turn heads and stand back further and further, you can do it better with an electric.

To each their own but I'm glad you had fun up there! I think I might get off this PC and go down to the field for a couple more flights - just finished cleaning up the yard from leaves... I need to practice that move more.

-=>Raja.
Jewel on-board Generators, Miniature Aircraft Team Manager
rbort is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was there at the HF Funfly with my little gaui nx4 gasser! Flew it a few times throughout the day... Flew it under the floodlights too! There were sooo many pilots pushing to get out to fly I didn't bring it out again til muuuch later in the night on Saturday... Think it was around 2:30am Saturday night that I was flying it a bunch more !

Sadly, with the higher winds going on, I went for a move and it dove down to the runway a little faster than expected... Leveled it out and landed on the skids with thro hold... But took out both tail blades, took out the main blade tips, and smacked the boom... So, blades, boom, tt... Should be good to go again if none of the starts took a hit...

Love my little gasser! Now I gotta get the gov working... Although my throttle curves aren't working too bad...
Old 10-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hot Apple Pie Guy NX4 Gasser (5 min 57 sec)
Old 10-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"Guy"...
Running mine on Vbar gov and its very solid...

After what you did to me in June.... ill have to think about whether id share my setup....

ok... thought about it...

will trade for future "Pie"... lol

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Doug Darby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Deal! Lol.

I always share the pie at funflies Doug! I'm pretty sure you found that out about me! Lol.

I'm still wanting to try the skookum 540 gov... But my sensor I had in my spares box was bad... So... Either need a new one... Or I may try a pigtail off the one on the clutch that runs the cdi... But I dunno if that'll cause other problems I may want to avoid...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in