Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy85 View Post
Yes you'd need a flybarless gyro like the robird. I am still using the same spectrum receiver with my robird also.
OK, that's what I thought....
I am already looking at the parts list.....
Main shaft and head will have to be the 450x
as well as the feathering shaft and washout arms and coller I think..

But the Blade grips and swash are the same....
but if the blade grips are the same I would think that I could get away with the same feathering shaft unless the 450x is jus a smidgen bigger (or smaller) same with the wash out bearing and links.....

Either way and easy conversion..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

450x main blade grips are blh 4317
450 3D main blade grips are blh 1617

I do think the swash plates are the same though. Then don't forget the links.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the complete list actually. You don't need the tool and just drop the A off the part number number for number for the regular plastic one.

- Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor Grip Set (BLH4317A)
- Aluminum Flybarless Head Block Set (BLH4322)
- Aluminum Flybarless Follower Arms (BLH4331A)
- Aluminum Swashplate (BLH1633A)
- Flybarless Mainshaft (BLH4347)
- Flybarless Linkage Set (BLH4301)
- Spindle (BLH4321)
- Dampers 80 (BLH1608)
- Main Rotor Blade Mounting Screw & Nut Set (BLH1616)
- Main Grip Thrust Bearings (BLH1620)
- Flybarless Setup Tool (BLH4302)
Old 05-08-2014, 06:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here's the complete list actually. You don't need the tool and just drop the A off the part number number for number for the regular plastic one.

- Aluminum Flybarless Main Rotor Grip Set (BLH4317A)
- Aluminum Flybarless Head Block Set (BLH4322)
- Aluminum Flybarless Follower Arms (BLH4331A)
- Aluminum Swashplate (BLH1633A)
- Flybarless Mainshaft (BLH4347)
- Flybarless Linkage Set (BLH4301)
- Spindle (BLH4321)
- Dampers 80 (BLH1608)
- Main Rotor Blade Mounting Screw & Nut Set (BLH1616)
- Main Grip Thrust Bearings (BLH1620)
- Flybarless Setup Tool (BLH4302)

that is a great list.
thanks

Now I see why you did the $92 conversion set.......
I may just do the same thing as well only because between needing a new swash and Blade grips and main shaft and head block I am already at $80 some dollars...so in this situation it may just be more economical to do what you did....

So now if you crash and you need parts you just use the 450x parts list....correct?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's correct. It's 100% a 450x after that minus the beastx ofcourse.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
That's correct. It's 100% a 450x after that minus the beastx ofcourse.
Also minus the 440 motor.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

AH good call. I forgot a threw that in there at some point also. I would highly recommend a motor upgrade of some kind! I'm no 3D pilot but I really love the motor. I just have the 440.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im gonna get myselt the 450X head...with the plastic blade grip....save on weight...ha ha....and oww...the robird of course

Next project:
MSH Mini Protos, 450 Scale Airwolf, BAH Mini Quad
cpmboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 07:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
AH good call. I forgot a threw that in there at some point also. I would highly recommend a motor upgrade of some kind! I'm no 3D pilot but I really love the motor. I just have the 440.

Well yes I agree that the upgrade motor would be nice....I am sure that I will invest in one in a bit but not right now.....I do not need it...

I did a price comparison between buying all the parts individually ( and I used the Regular plastic parts where I could) and just buying the complete assembly...

By buying individually you would be in the neighborhood of $122.00 so by buying the complete assembly for $93.00 you are saving almost $30.

Now if you go for a direct Al. To Al. comparison it would be higher....

I am going to go for the complete assembly because like I said I have broken my swash plate and my Bell mixing arms and my flybar etc...so I will already be in the neighborhood of $70 to $80 for just the parts I need....

Makes more sense to go with the complete assembly...

And for a gyro I may just get a used 3gx with AR6210 (cause I only have a Dx6i)
But I will consider the Robird. Not ruling that out.....

but will I need an additional Rx and sat. with the Robird?
If so then I think the 3Gx may be it for me....

Who knows..
Old 05-09-2014, 07:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpmboy View Post
Im gonna get myselt the 450X head...with the plastic blade grip....save on weight...ha ha....and oww...the robird of course

Well I am with you on this but it is not the weight savings I am looking for....it is the crash stress relief......cause I am crashing a bit right now by using the plastic grips they will be the first thing to break. They are cheap and they will save the stress of breaking the other parts....so I think this is the way to go.

At least fro now
Old 05-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermusic View Post

And for a gyro I may just get a used 3gx with AR6210 (cause I only have a Dx6i)
But I will consider the Robird. Not ruling that out.....

but will I need an additional Rx and sat. with the Robird?
If so then I think the 3Gx may be it for me....

Who knows..
I run a full receiver with my Robird. The one that came with the Blade 4503D actually, so might be the same one your referring to. You do not have to run sats with the Robird. I also ran it off the DX6i before I got my DX9 if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though...either way a DX6i is a good transmitter!

I take that back I have never flown the Robird with the DX6i. My maiden for transmitter and Robird was one and the same. Should work either way though.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckermusic View Post
Well I am with you on this but it is not the weight savings I am looking for....it is the crash stress relief......cause I am crashing a bit right now by using the plastic grips they will be the first thing to break. They are cheap and they will save the stress of breaking the other parts....so I think this is the way to go.

At least fro now
I agree with you completely. I've though about putting plastic ones on mine for when I crash as well. Give it a weak link so to speak so it doesn't completely destroy everything. Now that I have a 550x on the bench I'm starting to throw the 450 around a little bit more so I'm sure it will get away from me before to long...
Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I run a full receiver with my Robird. The one that came with the Blade 4503D actually, so might be the same one your referring to. You do not have to run sats with the Robird. I also ran it off the DX6i before I got my DX9 if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though...either way a DX6i is a good transmitter!

I take that back I have never flown the Robird with the DX6i. My maiden for transmitter and Robird was one and the same. Should work either way though.
I just want to say thanks for all the help yo have given here... It is much appreciated...

I intended to buy that conversion last friday but I did not want to pay full price for it. I was looking for a coupon to get a bit off.

Memorial day and fathers day are right around the corner so I will pause for the cause and take a breath and wait for the discount to come thru.

Mean while I have borrowed (where I could) from my T Rex 450 and from some of the stock parts I have....I usually same all my crash parts and then break them down to good components which I save and throw the broken away. so I have most of the parts...so I am going to break down today and buy a composite swash for 1/2 the aluminum price. Just to get me back in the air for now......hopfully this will buy me a bit of time til I can buy that conversion kit and a new gyro.....

the swash is the sticky point for me....I do not want to buy an Al. Swash when I will get one in the conversion kit....that one component is almost 1/3 of the price of the conversion kit....otherwise I am fine with everything else.....But I like to always upgread my swashes to aluminum......that is about the only bling I put on my heli's....I just feel they help so much...
Old 05-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jeremy85 was actually the impetus for me converting my 450 3D to FBL. After I looked around I decided to buy the 450X complete airframe minus 7200 for $180.00 shipped. I also used the 6115e from the 450 3D and the Robird FBL unit. The airframe was on E-bay and I thought the price was right. The Robird set-up was easy after a little research and the install of receiver and Robird was a piece of cake. I sold the 450 3D to a fellow HF member and I am flying my current set-up for $215.00 plus or minus a couple dollars. The Robird is a great unit by the way and infinitely tuneable w/your laptop.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2014, 09:32 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
Jeremy85 was actually the impetus for me converting my 450 3D to FBL. After I looked around I decided to buy the 450X complete airframe minus 7200 for $180.00 shipped. I also used the 6115e from the 450 3D and the Robird FBL unit. The airframe was on E-bay and I thought the price was right. The Robird set-up was easy after a little research and the install of receiver and Robird was a piece of cake. I sold the 450 3D to a fellow HF member and I am flying my current set-up for $215.00 plus or minus a couple dollars. The Robird is a great unit by the way and infinitely tuneable w/your laptop.

Laptop???? What Laptop???? You Have a Laptop????
I don't have no stinking Laptop....that is for the rich folk....

Seriously now... No I have no laptop...only a desk top....so I would have to tune after I got back from the field.....But I am thinking that I will do down this road like you....only I am not going to switch airframes.....what I have is good enough for now....

thanks for the input on the Robird becuase I will go that route as well....I have a 3Gx on my TRex 450 and it takes a bit of wrangling to configure....so it would be nice to try something different for comparison reasons......

I really think that all I will be doing is changing out the head and shaft and adding a new gyro to get the same results....this way I will have the FBL unit with spare parts that are very available.....which I will need cause I CRASH...........a lot!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Waiting for my BLH4399 kit and ....most probably go for the Robird fbl sys also...hopefully before xmas everything flybarless (this is my last FB heli....I have a dfc 450 pro and a FBL mini protos)....emm...maybe gonna get a DX8 also (the LCD screen on my old DX6i is getting blurred and the button getting clumsy) ......peace

Next project:
Old 09-29-2014, 09:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

my BLH4399 kit has arrived....next fbl sys...

Next project:
Old 10-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am putting together a FBL heli using my 450 3D, a Tarot non DFC head and the Robird gyro. I tried this before except with the Tarot XYZ. It was after a frame destroying crash and I really wasn't sure that the remaining electronic components functioned. I may have screwed up the XYZ. It never flew but I did get it back in the air with all the electronics from before the crash.

So now I'm trying again with the Robird. I have the stock 450 3D Rx & ESC, 450H motor, 3 Hitec HS-65 MG servos and a 5084 MG tail servo. A DX6i is my Tx. I'm pretty sure I have the wiring done correctly. I made the settings needed while Robird was connected to my PC but I'm not to sure they are correct. I have not yet powered the heli. Below are the settings I am to make before powering up. If anyone sees where I should chose a different setting, please chime in.

Reciever: DSM 1024 and DSM 2048 looked most familiar, I used 1024.
Swash servo: Analog, the other choices seemed like digital.
Tail servo: 1.5us@250Hz or @333Hz & 760us@500Hz after looking at Hitec's site I still have NO idea which is right so this remains at the default.
Motor ESC: Analog is my guess but 3 digital choices are there too.
Swash: Y120 center servo in front.

Let me know if I need to change a setting before powering up.

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in