Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
I wonder what causes it.
Poor design?

Lax quality control?
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... New DS-16 arrived today, and it's day and night different...

The throttle stick behaves as is expected. No bounce-back. so all is good there.

And the screen is still working so far :-)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Throttle bounce-back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho_ View Post
Well... New DS-16 arrived today, and it's day and night different...

The throttle stick behaves as is expected. No bounce-back. so all is good there.

And the screen is still working so far :-)
Good news.

If your original one was defective, it's the only one I've read about so far. As such, they've got pretty darn good launch success going on, so far.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Good news.

If your original one was defective, it's the only one I've read about so far. As such, they've got pretty darn good launch success going on, so far.
compared to other brands this is pretty good.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, There are more hits than misses with this radio, and for the most part, the misses can be fixed with firmware updates.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
EspritModel.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho_ View Post
Yep, There are more hits than misses with this radio, and for the most part, the misses can be fixed with firmware updates.
Finally thinking positive.

Zb/Esprit Model
Esprit Model is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model View Post
Finally thinking positive.

Zb/Esprit Model
I dont think positive, or negative for that matter.

I'm a realist, and I think realistically. I say things as they are, and I don't beat around the bush.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got my DS-16

I do also have the trottle bounce-back...

Even if i thighten the tension pretty much, it's there.

And with tight tension, the tension is very uneven.
(Lots of resistance in the lower part, light in the mid-stick area, and a little tighter at max position)
Sanction is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like we have a "bounceback-gate"...!
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotto View Post
Looks like we have a "bounceback-gate"...!
Lol
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is also
0 High
50 Medium
100 light

Resistance :-)

But it gets less with every flight...25 so far..only about 4hrs working Time ...so i just Hope and wait...and i dont Even notice it while flying.

Greets
nebuchadnezza is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 03:00 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bounceback-gate

I did a quick experiment yesterday. I'm having a slight bounce-back and a little bit of uneven travel (lowest resistance in bottom position), but it's not as bad as Sanction's transmitter.

I tried to unscrew the throttle tension screw and bend the spring (or what is the correct term here?) that creates friction against the wheel underneath it:

Now when I move the throttle stick, I can see that the spring is moving up and down! I think that this is the problem -- the wheel is not perfectly round.

When pressure is applied by the tension screw, this causes a very nonuniform resistance on the travel stick. This also explains the bounce-back, as resistance is very low when the throttle stick is at the bottom position.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ds16tension.jpg
Views:	802
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	422914  
Jotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice Jotto ! (I am petrified just to open the backlid of the DS-16 )

I tuned the shape of the spring on my DX7, that got rid of uneven resistance. Don't want to do that on a new $1500 transmitter though...

Can live with the bad stick until I get a replacement, so no big problem

Have sendt a mail to Esprit about the bounce-back, will let You how it turns out.
Sanction is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I got a good one then.

I have very even resistance across the motion of both of my gimbals.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is pretty good. I do get a 1% bounce back in every direction on every stick though, but i don't really feel like that is a need to complain. It's really not like a bounce back tho. I can physically feel or see the stick move, but when they are at there physical limits if i put a little pressure on them they ggo from 99% to 100%.

Although I don't feel like a problem that miniscule provides reason to complain, I would like to fix it so that I see 100% in the receiver output screen. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I would guess it could be done with the calibration screen, but I'm not sure how to do it accurately across all 4 hall effects sensors. Thanks

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Use the internal stick calibration routine and push each stick to the soft limit instead of push/pulling to the hard limits. Look in the manual in the section on throttle stick range adjustment to see how to access the calibration routine. Interesting, though, that my sticks are crisp right to the limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay333 View Post
Mine is pretty good. I do get a 1% bounce back in every direction on every stick though, but i don't really feel like that is a need to complain. It's really not like a bounce back tho. I can physically feel or see the stick move, but when they are at there physical limits if i put a little pressure on them they ggo from 99% to 100%.

Although I don't feel like a problem that miniscule provides reason to complain, I would like to fix it so that I see 100% in the receiver output screen. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I would guess it could be done with the calibration screen, but I'm not sure how to do it accurately across all 4 hall effects sensors. Thanks
Old 05-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
Use the internal stick calibration routine and push each stick to the soft limit instead of push/pulling to the hard limits. Look in the manual in the section on throttle stick range adjustment to see how to access the calibration routine. Interesting, though, that my sticks are crisp right to the limits.
Yes. I didn't think it was normal for my sticks to be that way, but it isn't a big enough deal to make a fuss about. It's a really nice transmitter and something that small won't keep me away. I have tried doing the calibration twice now with the same results, as well as slightly reducing the range on the throttle stick. I guess I need to try a recalibration again and just be very gentle on the sticks so they don't ever pick up that last 0.001mm of movement to throw them off.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

You just need to recalibrate the sticks very gently.

Move them to the 99% position - look at the display while doing this. It's easy. Also, if you get it wrong, you only need to recalibrate the stick with the error. No need to recalibrate both of them.

I doubt you have a throttle bounce back from what you're describing. If you did, the reading would be 90% instead of 100% after the bounce.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just redid the calibration and I got it much closer. About half of the extents read 100% now and the other half are blinking back and forth very fast between 99% and 100%.I may play with it a little more and try to get them all perfect, but they are really good enough as is. I guarantee you that even the best pilot in the world on their best day couldn't recognize the difference between 99-99.5% and 100% throws. The only reason I have even attempted to worry about it is because my OCD is kicking in and I know it doesn't read 100% like it is supposed to.

A tip for anyone else having an issue like mine.... When you do the calibration be very easy and slow on the sticks. Don't bang them back and forth and it will likely fix your problem or at least it will make it better.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good thing we can do that with this transmitter, I don't remember having any calibration possible on my JR Tx

I guess even when something is slightly wrong this Tx still makes it right

I love my Jeti

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in