Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Danny
Calling Danny, calling Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedRaptor77 View Post
There are 15 of us using these radios on helicopters by your poll count and not all of us even have TDRs.
It only takes one
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Calling Danny, calling Danny

It only takes one
Yes, but it's fun to ask these questions where a lot of people see them so you can watch them all start bickering over what the "best" setup is.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, but it's fun to ask these questions where a lot of people see them so you can watch them all start bickering over what the "best" setup is.
Heading over to the Henseleit forum as I type.

No I just asked them why they like the Jive so much and I got a because it is what everyone uses type of answer.

But I got a few things to ponder yet
Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got a nice PM from Danny thought I would share
Hi Eric,

My TDR setup:

Neu Heli 700-3D (510KV)
Mezon 130
15T pinion (16T for the Speed Cup)
HC3-Xtreme (now bavarianDEMON 3X)
Futaba BLS 451/251
Rail 716
Rail 106 (96 for Speed Cup)
R7 receiver usin the PPM out.

I guess no concern about the Kontronic being the only one that can handle the 14 poles of a Pyro 750-56?

The Mezon will be OK at the 8 khz setting. This being said. The classic TDR power setup is the Pyro 700-52, 14T pinion and a Jive 80 or 120. It is what the machine was designed around. I flew this for a long time and it is a perfect combo. Any motor larger is just a waste unless you fly very hard or compete in Speed Cups. Sub the Mezon for the Jive if you want but I would stick to the Pyro 700-52. Also, there is no need for more expensive servos. The BLS 451/251 work perfectly.

Thanks Danny
Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 for insane. They are heavy so not for a speed machine but no prob for 3d. They are works of art.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1444.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	421777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1451.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	421778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1452.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	421779  
Spinny02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 12:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

The TDR is a very efficient helicopter.

Personally I find the Pyro 700-52 to be all I need, but YMMV.

Some people like crazy power.
Some people like to run the TDR light and some like to run it heavy.

I'm running two 4400mah packs which is "generally" considered to be the right weight, but some run 3800mah packs and others run 5000mah packs.

I can get 8 minutes of flight with 4400mah packs, so 3800mah pack are still plenty for many, but some consider that to be too floaty.

Have fun with it the way you want it!

If it puts a grin on your face, then you did it right
Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using 5100 packs, and it's still very light...

I've seen some 5800 packs somewhere. Maybe I'll give them a try if I ever need new batteries.
Groucho_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 12:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Insane rocks

My Kasama Insane proud father

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1849_resize.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	421799   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	421802   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	421803  
Old 05-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the Mezon 130 in my TDR (two years old). Held in with 3M heavy duty velcro, just like the Jive 120 that it replaced. Note that I upgraded the wiring on the throttle, telemetry, and switch harnesses. Didn't like the supplied soft, tangly wires. I used my own standard RF chokes which are also a bit neater. You can see the BEC power switch mounted at the rear of the right frame so I can turn it on with the canopy on.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mezon_TDR_01.jpg
Views:	835
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	421815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mezon_TDR_02.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	421816  
Old 05-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brent, I see you removed the PowerPanel you used to have with the Jive. Much neater wiring!

Also, the Jeti setup with telemetry should prevent you from flying with already-flown packs. Is that pack still working? I recall a couple of cells were near-dead after that day...

Your TDR pictures are making me think even more about ordering one...
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post

I knew where this was headed. They start posting pictures and then wallets start emptying. There is a reason I stay clear of that Henseleit area on Heli Freak.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I knew where this was headed. They start posting pictures and then wallets start emptying. There is a reason I stay clear of that Henseleit area on Heli Freak.
No joke... My wheels are turning
Old 05-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks to third party intervention my TDR plans are on hold for at least a couple of months... just got the phone call that the 2 Schmidt & Bender scopes I ordered back in January have finally arrived and payment is due. I could buy 6 new TDR kits with the money that's headed towards the scopes.

I guess that's the price of supporting multiple hobbies simultaneously. My Goblin flies perfectly well and will continue to do so until TDR funding is available again.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Henseleit TDR and Jeti help

Are you a hobbyist hitman, or are those scopes telescopes?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho_ View Post
I wouldn't be excited at all unless they were "oscillo" scopes but, alas, no joy.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
LOL!

Guns & cars are my other "big" hobbies. The 2 scopes in question are for 2 of my favorite rifles that get a lot of use. I initially had 3 identical S&B scopes on backorder for my 3 favorite rifles. I knew the backorder was going to be about 6 months and really wanted one of them for a trip back in April. I found a nice used one configured identically on a message board in March so I snagged that one, put it on the rifle I was taking on the trip, and changed my backorder to 2.

Don't get me started on telescopes... I've been resisting buying a nice telescope and DSLR setup for astronomy for several years now. I have a friend who has a good setup and it makes it very difficult not to buy my own after going out and using his setup for observations & photography. At this point I can't afford any more expensive hobbies so I'll stick with going out with him to get my astronomy fix!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbdane View Post
I wouldn't be excited at all unless they were "oscillo" scopes but, alas, no joy.
Thanks for reminding me of another item on my list. I do want one of those "scopes" eventually. While I don't have frequent need for one I do encounter several situations a year where a good oscilloscope would make life much easier.

A friend and I are considering buying/building an F1 Rocket... but having talked to several other plane owners I know what a money trap that would become and I'm not ready to give up all my other hobbies for an airplane... yet.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is 'trip' code for 'job' ?
Old 05-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Is 'trip' code for 'job' ?
If that makes things more mysterious and intriguing for you... then yes.
Jeti DC-16
Old 05-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lol! I was reading it that way and was laughing. But that's maybe because my cat is cutting off the oxygen to my brain by sleeping on my neck.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Brent, I see you removed the PowerPanel you used to have with the Jive. Much neater wiring!
Yeah, it was a nice system but nothing compared to Jeti. I marvel as I sit comfortably on the sofa at home reviewing the day's flying data, complete with data plots, right on the transmitter. Amazing stuff.

You may remember that I designed some of the earliest data logging systems for RC back in the early 90's which were marketed and sold by Electronic Model Systems (EMS Jomar). I had airspeed, altitude, temperature, voltage, RPM, and G-force. Only 25 readings (plus max value) which could be read out on a hand-held digital display on the ground after a flight. The world has really changed!

Quote:
Also, the Jeti setup with telemetry should prevent you from flying with already-flown packs. Is that pack still working? I recall a couple of cells were near-dead after that day...

Ouch. I'm a little more careful when someone yells "Heli Time!" at the field now. Never hurry the setup or you might grab a discharged battery.

The cells completely recovered in two cycles and that 12S pack measures just as strong (internal impedance and capacity) as the others. Got lucky. Those Thunderpower packs are the best 6S packs I've ever owned. I have another set (4Sx2=8S) that I fly in a P-47 that I'm equally pleased with.

TDR fits me perfectly: fast, smooth, big air. By the way, that's my code words for "I can't fly 3D" but flying helis (as well as fixed wing) still makes me smile!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in