Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Evening at the tuning shop

After being busy a few hours today setting up the Robird gyro that shown up this morning, i tried to give it a bit more of colour and better shape.
Made a bit of collage with fluorescent tape and halo tape. Like the effect the halo tape makes in the air, adds some more "shine" to a heli that already shines too much, specially when flying.

Since i got the Fusuno canopy, i missed the stock one shape, much more streamlined and aerodynamic, specially in backwards flight. The fusuno is too straight at the ends.
So i gave it a nice dose of blown heat till the fiberglass got soft and then put some duct tape around it. Also added two tiny bits of velcro at the tips of the canopy to hold it against the frame.
It's much sleeker now

New gyro, very happy with it. Didn't set-up the GOV yet, but enjoyed a lot the general performance. Nicely locked in and very flat piro.

I guess it's the penitence for letting it being unflown for several months, gotta pimp it up a bit
This bird deserves it, each flight i do with it only makes me smile, it's precision and finesse through the air are any pilot's sweeter dream!!

Enjoy your Warp!!
Cheers

Last edited by Bob O; 10-30-2013 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: resize pics and link to originals
Luigi_tuga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Freaking nice job with the canopy, man...
Old 10-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Old 10-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow. That idea is so simple for the cano. I will break out the heat gun now.

Thanks for the idea.

Diviner Gregg

FPV Racing Channel . . . new episode every other Friday
Diviner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Lately i've been shaving some weight from the Warp.
Taking the main belt white guides off took 9 grams off, and i've been dowsizing bolts, putting button head screws.
Will list the stuff i moded, next step will be put just one screw per ciclic servo side.
My Warp is at 800 grams without pack, 1025 with nano1300.

-8 bolts on the battery tray, used smaller&lighter screws, from the T500 frame, for 1,5 hex tip.
-Removed two bolts from tail servo
-removed the washers from landing gear plastic clamps, trimmed the 4 bolts
-the 4 bolts from tail boom have been trimmed, use only 4 thin shims on the bolt head side, none under the nyloc nut
-different bolts on the head
-button heads wherever possible (spent all my stock)
-extra light machine screws in the tail case crossmember
-took the hawk tail out and the lynx fin (4 grams less with stock parts)

The bird feels a bit more fluid in the air, but the biggest weight saving mod was done on the field: flying without canopy
It was a long time since the last canopy-less flying, not counting on boring setup flights.
The feeling in the air is quite better without those 52 grams dead weight, will fly like this for a while.
It's nice to spice up the flights with my old&tired lipos
I also got spot on CG with my light (225 g) lipos, couldn't with heavier upgrades in the tail.

how do i print screen//postimage.org/]imagur[/url]
Old 08-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's interesting Luigi. I was wondering why you did the mods... Do you feel the Warp is on the heavy side?

I myself am looking for a 6S powered 450 to replace my 450Xs as my main park flyers. Right now I am looking at the Warp 360, Gaui X3 and the upcoming Chase 360. The Warp is the front-runner in my mind because I one criteria I have is noise and from my research it appears to be the quietest.

I have a few more questions regarding the Warp. What are the typical flight times at normal (not low, not insane) head speeds? How durable/reliable is the stock motor? Is it better to get the Scorpion motor designed for the Warp?
Old 08-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can't say it was heavy, it was already a light Warp at 1040g.
But a few grams less is a nice way to get a more nimble heli without upgrading or upping the HS. I was also after a perfect CG.
Flight time with stock setup is around 5 minutes.Setup and flying style as we all know, play the big part here.
My flight time record (till soft cut at 3.4v) was 11.5 minutes low RPM, extra smooth fingers the all time
The stock motor is very nice, powerfull enough to make the Warp move FAST and grunty to support low RPM (50% GOV TC). Very efficient and only gets warm. It has been smooth as butter too.
Have no experience with the scorpion, but it has more power, heats quite a bit and flies for less time.
If you like really powerfull setups, scorpion is the best bet.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Evening at the tuning shop

Weight stock is fine. I get 7 minutes @2250-2400 rpm which is a very nice headspeed.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_tuga View Post
Can't say it was heavy, it was already a light Warp at 1040g.
But a few grams less is a nice way to get a more nimble heli without upgrading or upping the HS. I was also after a perfect CG.
Flight time with stock setup is around 5 minutes.Setup and flying style as we all know, play the big part here.
My flight time record (till soft cut at 3.4v) was 11.5 minutes low RPM, extra smooth fingers the all time
The stock motor is very nice, powerfull enough to make the Warp move FAST and grunty to support low RPM (50% GOV TC). Very efficient and only gets warm. It has been smooth as butter too.
Have no experience with the scorpion, but it has more power, heats quite a bit and flies for less time.
If you like really powerfull setups, scorpion is the best bet.
I was mostly concerned with the longevity of the stock motor which is why I was considering the Scorpion. Which ESC are you using? Are you using the built-in BEC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
Weight stock is fine. I get 7 minutes @2250-2400 rpm which is a very nice headspeed.
Are you using the stock motor? Also which ESC?

Thanks for the replies guys. I intend to fly it at low to normal headspeeds. I am thinking of just going with the stock motor plus blades which will end up costing me less. One thing I don't like with the kit with motor plus blades is that the stock Compass blades are all black. I like blades with white colored tips as it helps me see the disk better at distances.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

No signs of aging in my motor
It is driven by a YEP45, it's a very tight fit between the frames but it fits
Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks great, Luigi!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in