Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters

Gasser Helicopters Gasser Specific Discussion

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 11:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Go Engines GH56 gas helicopter engine

I found a video on Youtube of one of these engines in a Trex 600n. I just had to have one. I got with the US distributer last week and asked him if he could get me one before IRCHA. I got it in the mail today. As of now Go offers a fan for the Trex 600, and the TT Raptor 30.
This one is going into my Raptor. I forgot to tell him to order me one of the fans, So I don't have one. After emailing the distributer he is going to mail it Monday. We are leaving for Muncie tomorrow. It should be here Wednesday, and my wife said she would bring it up to me. We are only a 2 hour drive away.
No matter what the engine will be with me. If anyone wants to see it look me up. I will be camping across from the flight line. You will have no problem finding me I will be the old guy with the long gray beard riding a red mini Chopper.
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There will be one (maybe more) running in a NX4 at IRCHA

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it a drop-in fit or a conversion kit/extensive dremeling required?
Enjoy IRCHA.
Thanks
Old 08-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gaui T10

Comes with everything for a drop in solution (Engine Mount Bracket and Clutch mount).
Old 08-04-2014, 05:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very small amount of dremeling needed.

TRM Power - RC Racing Engines - - Blackout Mods Conversions - - VP Racing / Powermaster Fuels - - Gas-Powered-Helicopters.com
Doug Darby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2014, 06:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsudriver274 View Post
Gaui T10

Comes with everything for a drop in solution (Engine Mount Bracket and Clutch mount).
Isn't that for Gaui NX4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Darby View Post
Very small amount of dremeling needed.
I hope it is the cooling shroud not the TRex frame that needs dremeling.
I have a bunch of TRex 600 nitro parts leftover from my Helibug conversion. It would be neat if I can get another gasser out of them using the 600 head and tail from my 550.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Go Engines GH56 gas helicopter engine

Forgive me if this is obvious, but why couldn't you just use the stock fan? Is the gh56 crank shaft a unique diameter?
Old 08-10-2014, 04:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2deep View Post
Forgive me if this is obvious, but why couldn't you just use the stock fan? Is the gh56 crank shaft a unique diameter?
Sorry for the delay in answering. I was at IRCHA and had no computer. Anyway, to put it in my Raptor I will need to lower the engine about .312 inches, the fan they make will let it bolt in with the 50 size mount. and the fan looks to be better . At least that is what I hope.
I got to see Doug Darby run his engine in his NX4, and it is one strong engine. The young man flying it was not showing it any mersey. If mine will run like his it will have no problem with my Raptor 30 sport flying. The young man flew Doug's NX4 for 12 minutes and only used 1/2 tank. That was 12 minutes of hard core 3D.
It was turning 2700 rpm head speed, and the engine was turning 19,000 RPMs. Really good numbers for any engine, and great for a .56 gasser.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got to take it for an easy flight, Doug has it running great, it does take some time to break it in.

It is perfect for a smaller heli.

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I understood correctly, Gaui t10 and Go GH56G is the same engine.So for the Raptor 30 conversion we need a fan and the engine with its ignition system and muffler. Where we can buy the whole package including Raptor 30 fan? I am interested with go engine instead of Gaui t10 more. Any help will be appreciated. In addition if somebody have a photo for modified Raptor30 I want to see that also.

Thanks to everybody;
danil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by danil View Post
If I understood correctly, Gaui t10 and Go GH56G is the same engine.So for the Raptor 30 conversion we need a fan and the engine with its ignition system and muffler. Where we can buy the whole package including Raptor 30 fan? I am interested with go engine instead of Gaui t10 more. Any help will be appreciated. In addition if somebody have a photo for modified Raptor30 I want to see that also.

Thanks to everybody;
If you go to Go Engines web site, they have a list of Distributors. Contact the one for your country and they can fix you up.
Go Engines make a fan that will make it a drop in fit for the Raptor 30. You will need the engine ' it comes with the ignition'. The pipe, and a Raptor 50 motor mount. Gas lines that are for Gasoline. The only thing Go doesn't sale is the motor mount and fuel lines.

Jimmy
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just happen to have a Rap 30 collecting dust....
So if you put this into a Rap 30 the gearing options are 8,50 (Gears from a R50) and 9.56 (stock ratio).
At 19,000 engine speed (1,000 over recommended max) this will get you a head speed of 2,235 or 1,987. is there some other source of gears for the Rap 30 to get closer to the 7.0 gearing that was used on the NX4?
Old 08-24-2014, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with 30 class heli's or the raptor. But it seems the stock raptor 50 main gear and 11t optional pinion would give a ratio of 85/11 (7.72).
Old 08-24-2014, 08:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have run 8 tanks through mine so far. Been busy doing life things. I have is hovering very rich. Today I leaned it out some and picked up the headspeed some. Didn't check the head speed yet, it is very low. Running the engine easy for the first gallon go insure a good breakin. The engine is running good and is easy to start now. The temp when landing is higher than I would like. Hope it runs cooler as it gets more time on it. The pack plate is hot to the touch, not meltdown hot but warner than I would like it to be. I think this engine is going to work. As with all gas engines we need a better cooling housing for the model. With the engine running I can put my hand under it and you don't fell much air movement.
One of the things about this gas heli engine compaired to the glow engines I have run on gas, This one is easy to tune. I think they may have changed the profile of the needle to make it adjust easyer.
This far into the trial here are my thoughts on the engine.
Likes,
1. Starting,( after the first few starts) it starts with just a bump of the starter.
2. Idles very low and reliable.
3. Runs a lot longer on a tank of gas than I want to fly.
4. Love the sound of it.
5. less smoke. This one runs 10% oil compaired to 18% glow.

Don't likes,
1. Very long breakin.
2. Runs on the hot side.

So far I like it and This may just be the ticket to small gas helicopters. We will see.

Jimmy
Old 08-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone know what would be required to put this engine in a JS Model TZ Frenzy .50?
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Anyone know what would be required to put this engine in a JS Model TZ Frenzy .50?
The engine has the same hole pattern as the OS 50. The problem will be the over all length of the engine from the back plate to the fan hub. The gas engine has a ring with the magnet in it for the ignition timing. It is over a 1/4 inch thick. You could lower the engine buy makeing new mounts, or if you have room drill new mounting holes lowering the mounts or the engine on the mounts. The engine alone is the same size as the standard 50 nitro.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Pantera P6 can fit up to a .90 engine in a .50 sized helicopter. As long as I can move the engine down enough to line up the fan with the cooling shroud the original fan should work and the clutch shoe and bell will line up correct?
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 07:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
The Pantera P6 can fit up to a .90 engine in a .50 sized helicopter. As long as I can move the engine down enough to line up the fan with the cooling shroud the original fan should work and the clutch shoe and bell will line up correct?
I would think so. I put another tank through mine today. Lost the tail servo, going to be down for a while.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymc2286 View Post
I would think so. I put another tank through mine today. Lost the tail servo, going to be down for a while.
I feel your pain, had one go out on my velocity 50n2 last season. Not fun.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymc2286 View Post

Sorry to hear. This hobby is like a really hot, but abusive, girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in