Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2014, 11:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default lynx you should be ashamed of yourselves

Its too bad I need to publicly shame you guys, but this is now the 2nd time ive had to open a ticket with Lynx and I've got to tell you that you guys are garbage at customer service.

1st ticket (tracking ID: k9dxqYhQCj) was opened 06/04/13, only response was "Hi XX, Thanks for your contact, i already submitted your issue to our CEO Luca, he will answer you asap. Have a nice day"

But I guess having a customer pay $50 for the tail case to explode the fin on maiden and then have the bad bearing be impossible to remove wasn't important enough for luca to respond. After a few weeks I gave up and bought an all Xtreme 130x, no problem.

2nd ticket was recently, (tracking ID: kFeKWRtlJQ)dcxf basically got the same answer only now its fancier "Thanks so much to contact Lynx Heli Innovations, my name is Anna and I am the Lynx CS Junior Manager and I will assist you and your need. I already submit your request to Lynx CEO Luca Invernizzi that will guide me for your welcome support. I please you to patience 24-48h in order to get my support answer with all the information need for your ticket resolution"

so 48hrs has already passed, after the original 48 its asks you to wait when you submit and its a dead simple ticket: my "ultra" pushrod for the 300 to stretch it out has no threads on 1 end. after unscrewing the original threaded end, the stretch rod or the original cant be screwed in, not even red locktite is enough to hold it. Send me a replacement. not very hard to respond to is it? I even asked in the ticket what additional info you need to complete the request.

Why is this such a complicated process or are lynx so focused on large accounts that servicing the clients directly isn't important enough for luca to respond??

Lets see how long for them to ignore this ticket, 1st was already 400+ days without resolution!

While I might enjoy my 300x now that its almost all lynx, its not much fun knowing every purchase is a gamble. If I had this problem with an Xtreme or horizon part, I'd already be holding the replacement.

Your move.
Scream is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2014, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Airetic

I apologize that you are having troubles. Let me look into this. Hopefully we can figure something out.

I know it may be hard to believe that it happened to you twice, but sometimes things fall through the cracks. Again I apologize on behalf of Lynx.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand your pain, I have been there with other companies, but not Lynx.

Its a safe bet someone, probably Luca the boss, will get to the bottom of it and make it right.

My first expirience with Lynx customer service took a little time and some back and forth, but the part got replaced. And its been smooth sailing ever since. I think Luca wants to know specifically why it failed or what the real problem was so it can actually be evaluated and fixed if necessary. Lynx prides itself on its customer support and fully backing their products and continually make revisions to make them “perfect." Thats more than I can say for some other heli companies.

Look here and read the responses from these business owners who are Lynx distributors, I dont think they are lying, but obviously they are being nice.
http://www.oxyheli.com/products/oxy3/.html
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sorry for Scream, I cannot say more now, I just read the post, Let me check this morning, I amazed to read this post! For sure somthing got wrong and I will figured out.
Just funny I never receive a PM or other personal contact to explain me of this issue, but in any case as we always do, we will care of it.
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice thing about having direct, public access to the decision makers at a company. When there is a CS problem it can be addressed. I'm sure Lynx will make it right. It definitely helps me make my buying decisions. I don't know where to go to publicly call out Xtreme Products. But I do know I can come here and get direct access to Luca if I need it.

That said, I've had one CS issue with Lynx and it was addressed immediately and completely.

-J
BigJay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to agree with all the above posts, something some how got slipped here because i can add to this, Lynx Heli Innovations prides on their customer service im sure Luca will get to the bottom of this
Old 10-23-2014, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Message for Scream:
I answer you by mail to this morning to your gmail account
Please check mail, if you cannot receive my mail let me know by PM.

In case of mail address you can contact us to service@lynxheli.com
Thanks for your cooperation.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I, for one, am a bit confused. You've been sitting on a faulty pushrod, a $10 part, for 400+ days? Why didn't you just PM Luca? He's on here all the time i'm sure he would have taken care of it..........on day 3. 400 days later and you're posting it up like the company should be ashamed for selling you something over a year ago? There are better (easier) ways to handle this.

In the 100's of purchases I've had from Lynx, all have been good transactions. Some parts were not to my standard and Luca and his team have made it right every time, 2 day shipping replacements for free and even sending spares.

Just PM him next time. Much easier way to reach him.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I subscribed to this thread, but didn't get any updates?

Maybe I'm just unlucky, seems my experience was different than everybody elses but based on my experience with the 1st ticket, the lack of response on the 2nd just reminded me how mad I was when the 1st ticket was ignored. Shit happens.

Since this post, I have received 3 emails from lynx and a pm from Luca himself.

They seem to be trying to make things right. As a pilot, I've taken hundred dollar crashes and laughed(eventually), so $9 pushrod isn't what's killing me... its the time. In Canada it takes forever to get an order from heli-direct & nobody stocks lynx 300x parts locally... I can order from hobby king on the same day and get the HK order a week sooner... this is part of the frustration of the situation and not a fault of lynx... I'm just trying to explain why this was a big deal to me, as the lack off response means another weekend grounded.

I had already completely assembled the rear end after changing to the lynx tail shaft (wasn't available when I built my 245LX) and the newer stretch boom & belt when the pushrod issue happened. Luckily, the stretched thread that came with the stretch kit fit into the standard pushrod and because of how the Blade pushrod supports work, I was able to snap them over the boom without having to pull of the tailcase and reassemble! 7 Flights later and the 275LX-XL has been rate-tuned and can hands off hover, flies very nicely overall except for a tiny wobble at spool up.

In regards to pride and quality assurance I can respect that, we all make mistakes and the great ones are obsessed with learning from those mistakes so they dont happen again. As a customer though, its not reasonable for me to have to know about HF to be able to get service. I was still a lurker when the 130x was my baby and so maybe that's what happened to the 1st ticket?

I will send off some pictures to lynx directly soon, and will let you 'Freaks know how it turns out. Now that I'm airborne again my patience has returned so since this thread hasn't been my most positive contribution, I want to share a little mod with you for a whisper quiet 275LX-XL tail which only requires two 130x swash grommets... enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0903.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	544573
Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
... I don't know where to go to publicly call out Xtreme Products. But I do know I can come here and get direct access to Luca if I need it...-J
Sorry if it was not clear, I consider Xtreme to be even higher standard of CS than Horizon as they have been more than fair with me in the past if anything had happened. Horizon has replaced everything without question too, so dealing with them is usually a same day solution. I didn't consider that as a smaller company that perhaps Lynx needs the failure info from the parts to improve themselves, I took it personally as if they weren't believing me

I thought that posting was a last resort, but as suggested earlier with Lynx it might be faster to reach them through heli freak. Now I know.

I will update you guys after I upload the photos!

Thanks to all!
-=S=-
Old 10-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
The Airetic

Wooot! Hot on the trail. We got you covered, amigo.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi to everyone of you. I please to apologize me and my team if some time we delay with comunication.
we really try out best to be a reference in design performance and service. We update our ticket system few months ago and I add one responsable that manage only service.
Right now our service std are preatty pro and I am really satisfacted. now much better than 5 months ago. Main issue is that in the culture were I work.. vietnam as any asia country.. when we have issue I need pics or doc that I can show to my team for a complain and learning.. I have system that try to dont repeap twice the same mistakes.
Here I cannot blame my team of any mistake if I dont have the proves. you can easy understand.. this means that every service we receive.. even if not many compare the huge qty of parts sold.. my service team must first get extra info and that submit to me for the final decision. we try to define any service in 48 h. some time take extra time because I am not available to answer question.. but we all push hard to give the best service.

I agree that a pm can help. but I admit also.. that just a small % of lynx user follow helifreack.. I can add unfortunately.. but not all have time or even are not interested or no need to follow a forum. for that reason we use our service syatem by web or by e mail.

about scream issue I am glad that we clarify our position and for sure we will support him asap as anyone.

give service is not possible if we are not sure of the std quality sold.

issue can uppen because we are all human. but serius procedure help to minimize the risk. any risk in any busness.

not only Lynx give an open service but I also put my face on that. Lynx is my personal extension and I take the risk to give support because I am sure of the std quality we do every days.

in the end I understand scream reaction.. maybe his post title is a little but to much negative.. but we all have to much passion for heli and I can understand if people piss off for some situation.. because I do the same when somthing is wrong.

no harm comes to harm

we easily learn when somthing going wrong even if is not our foult.. we must always think ... why this uppen? and find an answer with action to assure will never uppen again.

I will take care this harm will never uppen again!

peace!

Luca Invernizzi
Lynx Heli Innovations
Old 10-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good People of HeliFreak:

My reaction seems to have been too harsh, since my reply earlier today I also found that Luca had managed to backtrack the original ticket which had colored my opinion and has already offered to make it right.

I have a new respect for the quality of their care, and I would say to anybody who has read this post that it seems I was just very unlucky with the 1st ticket, causing my overreaction. Taking the time to explain how this could have happened is more important to me than a box full of new parts as it leads me to believe that 1) they will support and 2) that they really do care.

I have already apologized to the poor girl at customer service (Hi Anna!) but I also want to apologize to any readers here who might have been mislead by my comments.

We all make mistakes, hopefully I will update this thread and mark it closed shortly.

Thanks everybody!
-=S=-
Old 10-23-2014, 12:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Airetic

I'll drink to that!!

Old 10-23-2014, 12:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Hey Scream, are you aware the Rotorquest carries Lynx parts ? Why not shop here in Canada ?
Old 10-23-2014, 05:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

DominicD, they dont carry 300x parts at RQ only 130x stuff...and I tried to convince them... Maybe I should try again now that cfx shares a lot of parts!
Old 10-23-2014, 06:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Luca likes the challenge to get to the bottom of things. This was an opportunity to show publically how Lynx handles a customer service issue.

The explanation of how they need some proof or evidence to show to their workers how to not make the same mistake clears up a lot for me. I though it was just part of the process of proving you had an issue, show receipt, show why you think it was a defect of some kind, etc.

I thought HH didnt even service Canada, like they wouldnt even send you guys replacement parts.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Scream, I commend you on your response.

It is unfortunate your initial issues were not dealt with quickly. Luca is one of the people in this industry that supports his product fully as well listens to end users for improving products.

A lot of guys will go on a rant and just trash the total experience regardless of the final outcome.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun71 View Post
Scream, I commend you on your response.

It is unfortunate your initial issues were not dealt with quickly. Luca is one of the people in this industry that supports his product fully as well listens to end users for improving products.

A lot of guys will go on a rant and just trash the total experience regardless of the final outcome.
+1
Old 10-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi 'Freaks!

I got an email from Luca this morning, was a small delay due to his sons birthday but they are sending me a replacement pushrod and the ultra tail combo for the original ticket!

I've already since bought an all lynx tail again once the quad bearing case and tail arm was released as I needed to know how it compared to the xtreme version, but still I appreciate the gesture. I actually told them to just send me some 2mm frame washers and the T250 dampeners which are much cheaper than just the tail case and all that I really need at the moment but I guess it got lost in translation

I feel much better having learned about how their process works, I couldn't stop buying Lynx if I wanted to as it would just punish myself but now I can feel good about indulging my helidiction again

I will add one final reply to this thread once the stuff shows up, but since I cant figure out how to change the title of the post I must re-interate: I had overreacted - lynx has nothing to be ashamed of in regards to service.

Thanks Luca, thanks Anna & thanks helifreak for helping me to sort this out!

Cheers!
-=S=-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in