Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPX possible funny noises

So i've been lurking here for almost a full year.. But i'm worried about my newest bird and think a post is in order.

Got my Nano CPX today... and its making what I believe to be 'funny' noises. Once bound to my DX6v2 it makes consistant servo noises..

None of my other heli do this.. MCX2 or MSR once bound i don't hear anything "servo ish" until i input something on the Transmitter.

It "seems" to fly ok.. (hover) but its very disconserting. Can anyone put my worries to rest? or should I take it to the LHS where i got it?

thanks.
informix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm unsure of what your other bird sound like when powered up, but both of my nanos and my mcpx bl both make little servoish noises. Hard to describe what it sounds like, but I've never had any of the crappier coaxial helis I've had ever make these noises so I was confused at first. I simply went to youtube and watched a few videos of people turning on their nanos and they all made the same noise. Maybe do that and see if it sounds the same?
Tattoonick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 04:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, that's normal. Its the as3x working its magic. Set it down and leave it be and it should stop. Any movement and its compensating for it.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gyro unit is flying the moment you power it on. Once initialized (hopefully you kept the heli still during this time), the servos will make some noise as the unit is already flying...even if it's really not.

A supremely adjusted brand new Nano will make some servo noise as far as I know. It is normal for all I have had/have.

obi

Exploring the other side of the disk: Taranis (+OrangeRX). nanoCPX (AD mild-BLv2), mCPX dbl-BL (BLHeli XP-12A/HP10+XP-7A/HP03T-4000KV), Align-AD Trex 150 (BLheli+HP8).
Obijuan Kenobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2014, 06:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is the first thing I listen for when powering up a nano or mCPX along with the ESC arming when brushless. No servo chatter is a bad sign.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info.. I'm 4 flights in and loving it.!
informix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in