Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 07:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

Check all bearings. They are cheap and make a difference if not smooth.

Actually Assault NMB bearings are very good.

In the past I was not impressed with bearings Align put to their kits. Especially 600 OWB.

I think Align 700 has good bearings. At least Align 700 sounds cool in flight.
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2014, 05:12 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
Man....now I'm tempted to get an Assault! Can you post the specifics on the motor and servos?
You can put motor and servos you choose. I recommend those:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_motor.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...07sec_68g.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...39sec_68g.html
Old 08-15-2014, 03:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

As I posted before the tail is not to my liking. The longer tail blades and adjustments in the Vbar did help. The tail servo is just not up to the task I guess. Although I did try to keep the overall cost down, the tail is not a place to cut corners. Not sure what servo is going on the tail yet but at least the one on there now can be used as a spare.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

Please check mechanic part of your tail including bearings in tail grips. I would look for excessive vibrations, friction and play. It is strange that my and my friends Benji Assault tails work fine with 815 BLS servo but you have a problem.

My point is that disappointing tail performance can be ralated to many factors other than servo.

Anyway replacing servo for test is good idea to check if it is the main reason.

Once I had strange tail wag in my 600. Replacing tail grips helped. Later I used the same tail grips in anothe heli and did not have any problems. Sometimes tail behavior is mystery. I assume harmonics can ruin our efforts sometimes. I also noticed that some play does not affect tail performance in bad way. I do not try to eliminate all imperfections of mechanic part at all price. For me it just works.

Keep in mind Jan Henseleit decided to use plastic tail grips instead of aluminium to reduce vibrations of stiff CB blades in TDR. Maybe you should just try plastic tail blades.provided in a kit just to check how they perform. I do not like those plastic blades because they seem heavy buy I used them for a while and everything was OK.

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
Keep in mind Jan Henseleit decided to use plastic tail grips instead of aluminium to reduce vibrations of stiff CB blades in TDR.
I have a TDR. The grips are not plastic.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 04:10 AM   #26 (permalink)

What year is your TDR?

From Henseleit webpage:
"The tail gear that has proved its worth in the predecessor was not modified and used again. The only difference is that the tail blade holders now consist of plastic material instead of aluminium. The main reason for this slight modification is that almost only carbon blades are used because of their better performance. These blades often produce slight and aggressive vibrations in connection with the too stiff aluminium blade holders. The plastic blade holders allow a better damping"
Old 08-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

a completely updated TDR..

this is the final manual
http://www.henseleit-helicopters.de/...anual-2011.pdf
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

All four of the servo's are Turnigy 1266 HV. I forgot I have pro on my Vbar so I will check there for any issues. I never put the stock plastic tail blades on. I have tried Align CF 105's and a cheap set of CF 115's.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2014, 02:10 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el guapo View Post
a completely updated TDR..

this is the final manual
http://www.henseleit-helicopters.de/...anual-2011.pdf
Greg I was reading last TDR manual few times in the past. Great source of information.

My quote is still on Henseleit website:
http://www.henseleit-helicopters.de/index_e.html

This is not the point. I just tried to help our coleague. Actually I fly many 800, 700, 600, 500, 450 helis. Only one has plastic tail grips.

My point was to show the way to find solution. Now I see that 1266 TGY servo is not dedicated for tail. It is great for cyclics. I have few helis with those rebranded Power HD servos. I would not put 1266 servo on the tail. TGY 805 is perfect:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=13

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in