Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Firmware update failed to write on 3gx

Ok, so I got a new 3gx. Installed the cd which was v3. Looking on here I see 3.1 is better, so I downloaded that off of aligns site and installed it. Connect everything up, click on update, it says usb detected, then I click the update button again, it goes to connecting, then loading, then it says failed to write. I turned everything off and tried again and same thing. Tried a diff usb port on my computer and same thing. Completely uninstalled the 3gx software, and reinstalled just the 3.1 from scratch. Tried again and same thing. If I write a new setting that I change it works, but the update keeps failing. Any ideas?

Edit: Just an update. Still have the same issue. I have tried powering the 3gx through the sbus port which is how I power it for my regular rx, and also tried powering it through the batt port. Either way the 3gx boots fine, i have full servo control, plug it in to computer, start 3gx program. Can read and write settings fine, shows usb is connected. But everytime I do the update it is failing to write. Also of note,not sure if this is normal , but as soon as I hit update, it says connecting, then as it goes to loading.... all the lights on the 3gx turn off. Is this normal? I've also just installed the v4 software on my computer, tried that , same thing, uninstalled everything and reinstalled, same thing. Disabled anti virus, same thing, ran as administrator, same thing. What is going on here?

20140110_190746.mp4 (2 min 4 sec)

Last edited by stingeragent; 01-10-2014 at 07:34 PM..
stingeragent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well just to update no resolve yet. I went so far as to creating a new user account on windows. Completely uninstalled the 3gx software, microsoft.net framework, deleted all the comm ports from the registry, reinstalled everything and still same error. Tried all 6 usb ports on my computer. Fully updated every possible windows 7 update and still nothing. About the only thing possible left for me to do is competley format my hard drive and start all over from scratch but I'm not going that far. So I think I've either narrowed it down to a faulty cable or a faulty 3gx unit. I just don't get why it can read/write settings fine, but can't update firmware. Oh, I also disabled all firewalls, antivirus, user acct control, ran as administrator, ran in every compatibility option windows 7 has, and verified the security acct privledges are set to all for administrator and my normal username, plus the new one I created. Needless to say I'm at my witts end on this one. I've been going back and forth all morning on just switching it out for the GT 5.1 I have on the mini titan, but I got that flying good now and don't have any other spare fbl controllers to use. Also don't have the extra 200 for a beast x or ikon at the moment so it's either try and get 650 bucks in the air with a gyro that refuses to update, swap out for a gt 5.1 , or have a 650 dollar shelf ornament.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Solved. Well, I was in the process of just removing it from the helicopter and I just decided for the heck of it I would just try and dif receiver and see if that fixes it. Sure enough, it updated no problem to 3.1 .. Now why on earth the receiver made a difference I'll never know. The previous receiver worked fine, it was all hooked up correctly and everything. Either way, in the future if anyone has this issue try swapping receivers.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default You're a lifesaver

Mate,

Can't thank you enough - had exactly the same drama with my brand new first attempt at 3axis gyros and thought I'd cooked evrything.

Simply swapped out the receiver and presto - found that it still had v4.0 stored and was able to upgrade to V5.0

Thanks again
Greg
gastolectric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in