Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Night Flying

Night Flying Night Flying Helis Info

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have similar problem too.
Just got my new align night blades set.
Tried it for the first time.
One of the blade only last about 20 mins and the other can last about 1.5 hours.

When i try to charge that weak blade it only took about 20 mins or so to turn green on the charger LED that represents full.

What is going wrong? Can anyone help?
Is this a bad set of blades or the Li-On needs to break in too?

Thanks in advance.

VyNNeR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #22 (permalink)

Default Just a thought.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyNNeR View Post
i have similar problem too.
Just got my new align night blades set.
Tried it for the first time.
One of the blade only last about 20 mins and the other can last about 1.5 hours.

When i try to charge that weak blade it only took about 20 mins or so to turn green on the charger LED that represents full.

What is going wrong? Can anyone help?
Is this a bad set of blades or the Li-On needs to break in too?

Thanks in advance.

VyNNeR

I was just thinking...when the blades are manufactured they also need to be factory balanced to make them saleable/useable. I wonder if 'they' are using different size batteries from one blade to the next just for weight/balance correction...?, Might explain why so many guys are having different glow times in each blade.
Just a guess. That's all.
Steelie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

no they do not, they actually put a rod in the blade to add weight(not sure if it is metal or carbon, I've seen xrays though), thats also how they get the cg set.

lots of these blade sets just sit on the shelf, and the lipos just die.... I had a perfectly good set die over the winter, just one of them.... align lipos = bad, the blades are bad too...

I don't understand why they have to go lipo on these, nicad/nimh would be just fine and less delicate.

aka, Sir-Crah-a-Lot
aballen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 06:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can understand their reasons for going to lipo.
I just don't agree with it.
The reasons for the lipo is reduced battery weight, and higher voltage for mor selection of LED colors, some of the colors need the higher 3.7 volts of the lipos over the 2.4 volts of 2 NiMh cells that has been used in the past. Yes they could go to three NiMh cells for 3.6 volts but then the weight is really getting up there.

I was perfectly happy with my red and yellow reliable night blades. I could care less about haveing to have the green, white or blue blades that need higher voltage and wont last for a whole year. Sometimes I go more than a year without a night crash.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #25 (permalink)
JC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had my Align night blades for over a year now. They've been used about 10-12 times. Since I haven't used them in several months, last week I took 'em out and charged 'em up for a test. They went well past 1.5 hrs before starting to fade (I looked at 1:30 and they were bright... I went back at 1:50 and they were noticeably dimmer).

I do charge them one at a time. Sometimes I get the flashing bad connection light but I leave it sit, plugged in, and about 5 minutes later it starts to charge normally.

Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
JC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got a set of these and one of mine is bad as well. Not only does it not hold a charge but its not nearly as bright as the other blade even right after charging.

I've tried charging it alone several times. Looking into getting the blade exchanged now..
homerlex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been told that these blade have been discontinued and the place I bought them from has no more to provide an exchange. Waiting to hear back from Align to see if they can do anything ...
Old 09-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have not used my Align night blades in a YEAR! Since last years buzzing the Border fun fly... Well they were DEAD and I was a little worried!0
I charged them and am now testing how long they run for. So far an hour and they are still OK. 2 sets and both are checking out.

BUT I will be using the TAG night blades this weekend! Anyone want a message in the video I do with them? First come first serve

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Light, Camera, ACTION!

I do not have to be politically correct. I am not a politician.
K-50 / 500ESP /450SEv2 /H200SD / mCX / RF4.5 / 10C 2.4GHz
Ecklund1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2008, 07:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a reply from Align and they told me that the blades are NOT discontinued and that the place I bought them from is not an Align dealer. Hmm, contacting the online seller again to see what he has to say. I won't post who the seller is until I have the full story from him.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

finless where did yo get your align night blades?

I've been through 3 sets... and frankly i really lie how the align carbons fly... but I dont know if I can pay for another st for them just to go bad.

do the ones at mscomposit have a better track record?

aka, Sir-Crah-a-Lot
aballen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in